Impossible Character Development?

Peridank

So here is the deal. Working on a story right now. It takes place is a Shinto Based world. A big plot point I that the main character has the inability to feel negative feelings. How do you add character development without letting the character feel anger, sad, envious, etc.

[spoiler=Small Non-In depth char summary]

Was born as a religious attempt to cleanse the world through completely pure hearted nature. Upon the age of four the released him into an orphanage because he lacked any social skills what so ever... Which he would need if he were to do as they wanted. He was quiet and emotionless. This led the kids at the orphanage to pick on him. He said not a word about it.

Years passed as he was in the orphanage. At age 14 nothing had changed. He stayed quiet and emotionless. A 21 yr old was about to turn 22... He decided his last day he should have his last bit of fun with Rinku. (Link in Japanese referring to the Link between Purity and Humanity) While in the back shed one of the three marks that had been burnt into his back at birth glowed red. Brighter than Rinkus red hair. The 1 of the 3 seals cracked. The seal kept his immensely powerful and untaintable soul in check.

Rinku unleshed his deadly force onto the man... Covering the place with blood. He did this out of excitement... Not anger. All his life he had only been shown cruelty. The only sheds of humanity coming from his caretaker at the orphanage. He ended up running... In search of someone. He thought highly of himself for defeating a grown up in battle. He wondered who could take him on.

Soon he was found by an older gentleman who knew of his doings. This man was very so wanted. An ex officer of the queen (the land is an Hierarchy). Gone mad in battle. His and Rinkus souls were opposites... His having not an ounce of purity with Rinkus being Pure as a newborn and growing off of it after all these years. The man, Shiriyama, crafted a blunt object resembling a sword that has been molded... But uncut. Due to Shinto Belief, this made the weapon impure by the highest standards. With both Rinkus and Shiriyamas (a father figure to Rinku in many of his years) souls colliding when Rinku wields the weapon, it is relieved through every blow.

Rinku has gained a "Love Intrust" by the name of Arino. A bounty hunter turned on by all authorities for a misunderstanding between her and the Desert Demons them selves (the name of the epic and as well I should mention along with the world being Shinto based it is also a Steam Punk Wasteland)

--------

Not much else to say that would help with my problem I think...

Believe it or not that is a short non in depth summary...

Archived