I've decided to add this card to the Public Card Pool, I'm just not sure if this card is junk or jewelry. 

It allows you to activate some of the more powerful cards in the game during your opponent's turn. 

If it is jewelry. What kind of limitations should be applied to it, if any?

I have 2 versions:

[spoiler=Version 1]PYgFj9J.jpg

[spoiler=Version 2]06COMTW.jpg

Lore V1: Activate only by Discarding 1 card from your hand OR by paying 1000 Life Points. Activate 1 Normal or Continuous Spell from your hand or graveyard. When it leaves the field: Banish all copies of that card from your hand, deck, and graveyard.

Lore V2: Activate only by Discarding 1 card from your hand OR by paying 1000 Life Points. Banish a Normal Spell from your hand or graveyard and apply its effect(s). Banish all copies of that card from your hand, deck, and graveyard.

Right now? Definitely not jewellery. With some refinement (more limitations), it could be. But recycling Spells is always an iffy thing, with existing cards that do so all usually being either too costly or slow to be worth the effort (e.g. Magical Stone Excavation, Magician of Faith).

To start off, consider removing the alternate LP cost as well as the ability to reuse Spells in the Graveyard. Between a discard and a 1000 LP payment, I would almost always choose the 1000 LP payment, and that really isn't enough for what Quicker Cast does. Apart from allowing you to not use real resources, banishing from the Graveyard also means you can reuse Limited power cards like Raigeki... as a Quick-Play. All for 1000 LP, or heck, even the discard, that is ridiculously broken.

So what are we left with? A -2 that allows you to use a Spell from your hand as a Quick-Play and then banishes all other copies in your possession. But to be honest only a handful of Spells could take advantage of this, and I certainly wouldn't run it just so I could disrupt my opponent with Raigeki when it's either Limited or Forbidden (official DP banlist). Is that a good sign, that it cannot simply be splashed into any Deck?

What could I use it for... Polymerization during my opponent's turn so Tiger can tear up their field/combo? I'm not very imaginative and I'm sure there are actually a ton of applications for this card, but is it worth the above proposed, expensive cost?

But otherwise, it can be so easily abused.

The huge variance of power levels in Spells makes it rather hard to balance and stay relevant, imo.

As for the two versions, I prefer the first version over the second one, because while the first one can activate Continuous Spells also, I don't feel that is as big of a deal compared to bypassing limitations on Spells a la Diamond Dude. Which, by the way, is far harder and slower to use compared to Quicker Cast.

Right now? Definitely not jewellery. With some refinement (more limitations), it could be. But recycling Spells is always an iffy thing, with existing cards that do so all usually being either too costly or slow to be worth the effort (e.g. Magical Stone Excavation, Magician of Faith).

To start off, consider removing the alternate LP cost as well as the ability to reuse Spells in the Graveyard. Between a discard and a 1000 LP payment, I would almost always choose the 1000 LP payment, and that really isn't enough for what Quicker Cast does. Apart from allowing you to not use real resources, banishing from the Graveyard also means you can reuse Limited power cards like Raigeki... as a Quick-Play. All for 1000 LP, or heck, even the discard, that is ridiculously broken.

So what are we left with? A -2 that allows you to use a Spell from your hand as a Quick-Play and then banishes all other copies in your possession. But to be honest only a handful of Spells could take advantage of this, and I certainly wouldn't run it just so I could disrupt my opponent with Raigeki when it's either Limited or Forbidden (official DP banlist). Is that a good sign, that it cannot simply be splashed into any Deck?

What could I use it for... Polymerization during my opponent's turn so Tiger can tear up their field/combo? I'm not very imaginative and I'm sure there are actually a ton of applications for this card, but is it worth the above proposed, expensive cost?

But otherwise, it can be so easily abused.

The huge variance of power levels in Spells makes it rather hard to balance and stay relevant, imo.

As for the two versions, I prefer the first version over the second one, because while the first one can activate Continuous Spells also, I don't feel that is as big of a deal compared to bypassing limitations on Spells a la Diamond Dude. Which, by the way, is far harder and slower to use compared to Quicker Cast.

I agree completely. The problem is making the card worth using/ making the card too powerful. The point of the spell is to bump cards to spell speed 2 and/or use them during your opponent's turn. I think I'll just keep the discard as the cost. 

If it ever shows up in other decks I'd like this card to be semi-limited. 

Archived