Defenders of Mobius - Solar Tides [Accepting/Not Started/PG-16/Co-Hosted by Baron Von Hollow]

Mr. Hyde

kISwkzd.png

[spoiler=Story]

If I were to tell you the tail of the first flame, Solaris, would you be willing to also heed my warnings?  Solaris was the first light, the first warmth, that graced the planet of Mobius so long ago.  People all around the globe worshiped it, and praised it, calling it the Sun Deity.  As time went on, and people had learned to create their own lights and warmth, Solaris became jealous.  It engulfed whole cities with fire, destroying the planet that it had so graciously blessed with it's presence.  Our heroes, and my closest friends, were able to stop his rampage.  Most had perished before the flames of Solaris, I and some others being spared such a fate but gaining the painful memories..  Solaris was split into two separate entities that day, Mephiles and Iblis.  The Will had taken the form of a crystalline hedgehog, with no facial features besides his piercing gaze.  The Raw Power became a small flame, too hot to be touched by mortals.  Both beings were sealed away in their own prisons.  Mephiles was sent to a chaos realm where he'd never escape, and Iblis was sealed inside a female, who would pass down the flame of Iblis to her offspring with each passing.  Each descendant carrying the flame was named the Iblis Trigger.  The two would never become Solaris again.  

500 years have passed, and Mephiles' hatred has seeped back into Mobius.  This day lies in infamy in my prophecies.  We must gather a new set of heroes, to guard the Iblis trigger.  I may not be of help to you younger heroes, but I can give you my words of wisdom.  I, Silver the Hedgehog, keeper of time, request your aid.  I fear there are more threats to worry about as well, that have yet to be foreseen.  

[spoiler=Rules]

1. All YCM forum rules apply here.  That includes all Roleplay section rules as well.  (Go figure)

2. No Guns

3. No Godmodding or power playing.  Hollow and I are the Rulers here, what we say goes.

4.You may not have a relation to a canon sonic character since they have long since past.  I will allow bloodline connections however, if feasible.  

5. Chaos Force sensitivity will be restricted in some species and characters.  Not everyone can use chaos control here.

6. No flamming, spamming, or negativity.  This is a no h8 zone

7. A player is allowed a max of 2 characters.  

8.  Have fun!

9. If you have a question, do not be afraid to post it here or ask Hollow or I in a PM.

[spoiler=Database]

Mobius Encyclopedia

[spoiler=App]

Name: [Edgier the better(jk)]

Species: [Pick from any of the already provided species in the database.  Custom species will be allowed with an okay from me or Hollow.]

Appearance: [A picture or a minimum of 4 lines of description are required.  Regardless, add your height and weight.  Spoilered]

Personality: [Minimum of 4 lines.  Spoilered]

Biography: [Minimum of 2 Paragraphs.  Spoilered]

Abilities/Weaponry: [Any special or unique skills your character possesses.  Separate powers and weaponry.  Spoilered]

Misc: [Anything you didn't tell us in the above fields and want to include.]

Alright, so I slogged through the entirety of Sonic '06 and it was one of the least enjoyable experiences I've ever had in all of gaming...That being said I thought it could be a good game and had the potential to be one, so given that you aren't SEGA, I'll express my interest to see where this goes. 

Hoo boy, a Sonic '06 remake, huh? Well, I'm certainly interested. I don't know that I'm optimistic, but I'm certainly interested and would join. (Also, reading that dramatic plot summary in Silver's voice is kind of hilarious.)

It's not necessarily going to be a sonic '06 remake.  I just want to use Solaris as a main threat, but keep out the garbage.  Also, it's supposed to be a super old silver talking xD

[spoiler=Ken the Hedgehog]

wp3x3eI.jpg?1

"Geez!  Can I just punch it already!?"

Name: Ken the Hedgehog

Species: Hedgehog

[spoiler=Appearance:]

Height: 3'5"

Weight: 86 lbs

tJQOJrX.jpg

[spoiler=Personality:]

You'd think that being a martial artist, Ken would be very level headed.  Ken, instead, is very rash and goofy.  He isn't the sharpest tool in the shed either, but he's quick witted when it comes to humor.  He's always looking for a way to better himself, and constantly bickers with his brother, Bolt, the prodigy.  Although Ken is very hard to handle, he's very loyal.  He has a sense of commitment that has no rivalry.  He has never given up on any objective, or anyone.  Although he is a loyal person, he gets jealous quite easily.  Using those powerful feelings of jealousy turns out to be a great motivator though, and he constantly seeks to better himself through these motivations.  

Ken also loves to fight.  He loves showing his progression as a martial artist with anything that moves, or doesn't.  He prefers to hit trees rather than people, as to not cause anymore lawsuits.  

[spoiler=Biography:]

Ken grew up in a small town in the western region of Mobius.  He can't quite remember the name of the town, but he sure can remember how it looked when it turned to ash.  Ken grew up along his twin brother Bolt, who was better at everything than he was.  School, sports, you name it, Bolt was better than Ken.  On one very hot winter day, around the time the twins were 6, Ken and Bolt were approached by an old grey, or was it silver, hedgehog.  He explained to the boys that this world was doomed, and to come with him immediately.  While Ken was hesitant to accept this offer, Bolt followed blindly, sensing that this man spoke the truth.  Bolt stuck his hand out, trying to coax him in to this wild ride, which worked of course.  How was Ken going to leave his idiot of a brother all alone with a strange man.  They entered a swirling vortext, and as Ken looked back, he saw his whole world in flames.  

As he aged, Ken was told by his now mentor and father-figure Silver the Hedgehog, that an old god named Solaris was going to destroy this world, just like he had their old world.  Silver would train the boys in the way of combat, as he had chosen the two boys on account of their sensitivity to the Chaos Force.  Bolt was a natural in the ways of the Chaos Force, but Ken's dreams of being his brothers better were not going to be realized, the old man must have made a mistake with him.  Ken gave up on the Chaos Force, and instead trained his body to the max.  He worked everyday tirelessly, always coming home with bruises and muscle spasms.  He'd hoped that this would gain the respect of his mentor, but he would have to train harder for that.

In his teens, Silver had confessed that he realized that Ken was terrible at controlling his Chaos Force.  However, he could still sense all the built up energy within Ken, and told him that instead of controlling Chaos, he should just set it loose like it was meant to be.  With many months of inflection and harsher training, Ken was finally able to realize his potential. In every being, there are inhibitors spread throughout the body that block the natural flow of Chaos Force.  Through unlocking each of them, the user is endowed with great physical power.  Since Ken was the first to semi master this technique, he named it Chaos Flow.  He has slowlyHe is now a fair sparring partner against his brother, but still trains to this day.  

[spoiler=Abilities/Weaponry:]

Enhanced Physical Strength - Able to shatter thick tree trunks with a single blow

Enhanced Endurance - Has withstood many boulder strikes to his body, very thick skinned.

Super-Speed - Speed comparable to the fabled blue blur on his worst day.  Fast enough to run close to speed of sound

Chaos Flow - Each inhibitor released gives him greater strength.  Unlocking multiple inhibitors causes great stress throughout the body.

[spoiler=Misc:]

Ken's vest is weighted with 25 lbs.  It restrains him while also providing a workout.  

Ken is the older sibling, but only by two minutes and thirty-six seconds

Ken prefers to use his legs while fighting.  

“The server is the one that unifies the chaos”

Thanks for showing interest guys! The OOC is now live! Go ahead and check out the database for more background on the story and the info you'll need to complete your app...

Feel free to ask Hyde or myself any questions you might have.

[spoiler= Bolt the Hedgehog]

30vk51t.jpg

"Go ahead and smash it, Ken. But don't expect me to wait till you're done this time..."

Name: Ken the Hedgehog

Species: Hedgehog

[spoiler=Appearance:]

_oc___frlicien_the_echidna_hedgehog_by_s

Height: 4'3"

Weight: 75 lbs

[spoiler=Personality:]

[spoiler=Biography:]

[spoiler=Abilities/Weaponry:]

[spoiler=Misc:]

Took some liberties with the setting on this one - there was basically nothing in the database about actual places on Mobius where people live except, like, Metropolis, so I made a setting up. I left the island's tech level vague since I don't actually know what tech level most of Mobius has. If any of the worldbuilding in there is a problem, I have another app on standby that uses the more default setting of Metropolis. Anyway, here's my waterbending cat miko. ...That was a phrase I just typed.

[spoiler=Maya the Cat]

Name: Maya the Cat

Species: Cat

[spoiler=Appearance]She has a dancer's body - lithe limbs; elegant curves; graceful, controlled steps. A certain touch of the ritual dances she performs emerges in her every movement. She's rather short, standing three feet even. Though her face is rather plain, her bearing makes her seem beautiful nonetheless. Her fur is a calm ocean blue; her skin is a gentle orange; her wide, gentle eyes are amber. Her fur is long and flows; she keeps the fur on her head tied into a cascading ponytail.

When performing rituals or entering into battle, she typically wears her shamans' garb - a long skirt, a short, flowing top, and loose detached sleeves. That costume is a deep, dark blue accented in green and gold. Besides that, however, her clothing varies greatly depending on the temperature and situation. She'll wear layers and layers in the cold, which she can't take very well, but if it's hot she keeps her clothing loose and light, like she's used to from her tropical home.

[spoiler=Personality]Though she learned the highest etiquette from the elders on the Isle of Deepwater, Maya never socialized much. She's soft-spoken and very polite, but rather awkward in an actual conversation. She's timid, shy, often aloof, but not stupidly so; she can at least carry a conversation without tripping over herself. She's rather sheltered, thanks to her insular upbringing, and is often surprised by things most people would consider normal, like cursing or factories or ice cream. Maya carries herself as a shaman would, with lofty ideals, clear eyes, and a head in the clouds. At heart, however, Maya is a girl who wants acceptance, acknowledgment, some semblance of a connection with another Mobian... she just doesn't know she wants it, or how she'd ask for it.

[spoiler=Biography]The Isle of Deepwater is mostly beach, though if you head a bit further in you'll find a small forest surrounding a dark swamp. The Isle is cut off from most of society, and its technology, while not completely backwards, isn't up to par with the rest of the world. It still maintains a mostly insular community, organized around the same religious rites as in its tribal past.

At the heart of those rites is the Deepwater Shaman, a priest dedicated to water itself - the rain, the swamp, the ocean, everything. Currently, Maya is the Deepwater Shaman. She was tested as a child to see if she fit the role. The previous Shaman repeatedly presented her with a series of closed, opaque urns; of them, one was filled with water, while the rest were empty. When asked to select an urn, baby Maya always chose the full one.

And so her life began. She loved her parents, and her parents loved her, but she rarely saw them. At first she was raised by her parents and the Shaman before her, and she has warm, fond memories of learning and playing with those three. But after the previous shaman died, she was mostly "raised" by a council of stern elders, who trained her in the mystic arts of manipulating water. They rebuked her failures and scarcely acknowledged her successes. Maya grew desperate to please them - to wring from them any appreciation of her efforts, even just a quick acknowledgment that she was actually good or worth something. She never got that appreciation. Nonetheless, Maya threw herself into her studies, mastering the arts of ritual dance and water manipulation, hoping against hope that one day the elders would actually smile at her or say she was good enough.

Then Maya's dreams were disturbed with images of a world consumed by fire, of a crystalline hedgehog with no sense of design or colour. Soon Silver the Hedgehog came by to recruit her to his cause. Disturbed by his words, Deepwater unanimously volunteered Maya to go forth and defend them against the horrors he spoke of. So Maya, despite feeling no real inclination to leave her home behind, left the Isle of Deepwater for the first time.

[spoiler=Abilities and Weaponry]Since she is not a fighter by training, Maya is not proficient in the use of any weapons. Her physical abilities are also unremarkable - her endurance and strength are poor. However, Maya is very graceful and intuitive. She'll sway out of the way of a bullet just in time, dodge blows she barely registered were coming, and flow past an enemy's formation to land precisely among them. (That's not so much an ability as a fighting style, but I figured I should put it here.)

However, the real source of Maya's power is her training as a Deepwater Shaman. That means she can commune with the element of water in shockingly diverse ways, assisted by her ritual dances. Since there's even moisture in the air and her own body, she's theoretically capable of manipulating water almost anywhere, though in practice, she's much stronger if she has a body of water around to manipulate. (As such, she carries two canteens everywhere she goes - one for drinking water, one for water to manipulate.) This power is limited only by her own skill, willpower, and imagination, and the amount of water in an area. A few more common uses for combat are listed below; however, this power is basically supposed to be "waterbending," so the following is not intended to limit her abilities.

• Water Whip: The bog-standard martial use of water manipulation is to create a whip of water. This rather versatile effect can whirl around her like a Burst Dash/Axel Jump-type deal, or just work like a normal whip, tripping opponents as necessary. This could theoretically be a razor-sharp Ice Whip for lethal combat, but Maya avoids lethal combat if at all possible.
  • Freeze/Thaw/Evaporate Water: What it sounds like. The former probably gets the most use. Note that this also applies to her other abilities - she could, for example, hit an opponent's leg with a Water Whip and then freeze the tip to freeze the enemy in place.
  • Fog Cloud: Fog is a series of water droplets suspended in the air; ergo, control of water also extends to creating clouds of mist that can obscure the actions of Maya and her allies. In practice, this works a bit like a smoke bomb.
  • Ice Slick: Giant death robots are a lot less intimidating when they're tripping on a patch of black ice.
  • Wave: Dragging a wave of water across the battlefield won't kill anyone, but it can push back enemies, leave the battlefield wet, and set up for all of the above abilities with the quantity of water. Of course, this requires that Maya has a good amount of water to begin with. She can "create" some water by condensing moisture in the air, but not that much.
  • Wall of Ice: When you need a barrier and you need it fast, just conjure up a wall of ice! Maya's barriers can withstand bullets, though not for very long - it is still ice, after all, and ice can chip. Order now and get a portable version, a shield of ice, absolutely free!
  • And so much more! She has "manipulation of water" and almost everything that represents. A few limitations, though: She can't manipulate the water in other people's bodies; it takes effort to condense water from the air to use as material; and since she's a shaman and borderline pacifist, she generally avoids any lethal uses of her power except in the most dire of circumstances.

Maya also has other skills that don't involve water manipulation but relate to her training as a shaman. She's skilled in medicine (albeit of a more herbal bent than any modern doctor would consider using), and is excellent at healing battlefield wounds with her medicinal kit.

Through the use of a sacred ritual, Maya can theoretically create holy water, a sacred substance that would heal her allies if they drank it, sear evil hearts, and generally make her water manipulation better than ever. However, Maya was forced to leave the Isle of Deepwater before she learned how to actually perform the ritual required to make holy water. She's trying to figure it out by herself, but it's not working very well so far.

Misc: Server, Chaos, etc. Why is the database required reading...? I mean, the rules I'd get, but the database?

On a slightly more serious note, here's a brief discussion of balancing: Maya is supposed to be fairly useless for actually attacking enemies but extremely versatile in terms of support and utility, which is why I argue her waterbending is balanced in spite of its extreme versatility. The holy water thing is there as a marker of her growth. Ideally, she'll keep working with the holy water as the campaign progresses, and as her character grows, she'll eventually be able to make it - hopefully just in time to deal with an escalated threat or keep up with her more powerful teammates. (Plus, it was based on Silver's even more versatile power of telekinesis, so... :P)

Took some liberties with the setting on this one - there was basically nothing in the database about actual places on Mobius where people live except, like, Metropolis, so I made a setting up. I left the island's tech level vague since I don't actually know what tech level most of Mobius has. If any of the worldbuilding in there is a problem, I have another app on standby that uses the more default setting of Metropolis. Anyway, here's my waterbending cat miko. ...That was a phrase I just typed.

[spoiler=Maya the Cat]

Name: Maya the Cat

Species: Cat

[spoiler=Appearance]She has a dancer's body - lithe limbs; elegant curves; graceful, controlled steps. A certain touch of the ritual dances she performs emerges in her every movement. She's rather short, standing three feet even. Though her face is rather plain, her bearing makes her seem beautiful nonetheless. Her fur is a calm ocean blue; her skin is a gentle orange; her wide, gentle eyes are amber. Her fur is long and flows; she keeps the fur on her head tied into a cascading ponytail.

When performing rituals or entering into battle, she typically wears her shamans' garb - a long skirt, a short, flowing top, and loose detached sleeves. That costume is a deep, dark blue accented in green and gold. Besides that, however, her clothing varies greatly depending on the temperature and situation. She'll wear layers and layers in the cold, which she can't take very well, but if it's hot she keeps her clothing loose and light, like she's used to from her tropical home.

[spoiler=Personality]Though she learned the highest etiquette from the elders on the Isle of Deepwater, Maya never socialized much. She's soft-spoken and very polite, but rather awkward in an actual conversation. She's timid, shy, often aloof, but not stupidly so; she can at least carry a conversation without tripping over herself. She's rather sheltered, thanks to her insular upbringing, and is often surprised by things most people would consider normal, like cursing or factories or ice cream. Maya carries herself as a shaman would, with lofty ideals, clear eyes, and a head in the clouds. At heart, however, Maya is a girl who wants acceptance, acknowledgment, some semblance of a connection with another Mobian... she just doesn't know she wants it, or how she'd ask for it.

[spoiler=Biography]The Isle of Deepwater is mostly beach, though if you head a bit further in you'll find a small forest surrounding a dark swamp. The Isle is cut off from most of society, and its technology, while not completely backwards, isn't up to par with the rest of the world. It still maintains a mostly insular community, organized around the same religious rites as in its tribal past.

At the heart of those rites is the Deepwater Shaman, a priest dedicated to water itself - the rain, the swamp, the ocean, everything. Currently, Maya is the Deepwater Shaman. She was tested as a child to see if she fit the role. The previous Shaman repeatedly presented her with a series of closed, opaque urns; of them, one was filled with water, while the rest were empty. When asked to select an urn, baby Maya always chose the full one.

And so her life began. She loved her parents, and her parents loved her, but she rarely saw them. At first she was raised by her parents and the Shaman before her, and she has warm, fond memories of learning and playing with those three. But after the previous shaman died, she was mostly "raised" by a council of stern elders, who trained her in the mystic arts of manipulating water. They rebuked her failures and scarcely acknowledged her successes. Maya grew desperate to please them - to wring from them any appreciation of her efforts, even just a quick acknowledgment that she was actually good or worth something. She never got that appreciation. Nonetheless, Maya threw herself into her studies, mastering the arts of ritual dance and water manipulation, hoping against hope that one day the elders would actually smile at her or say she was good enough.

Then Maya's dreams were disturbed with images of a world consumed by fire, of a crystalline hedgehog with no sense of design or colour. Soon Silver the Hedgehog came by to recruit her to his cause. Disturbed by his words, Deepwater unanimously volunteered Maya to go forth and defend them against the horrors he spoke of. So Maya, despite feeling no real inclination to leave her home behind, left the Isle of Deepwater for the first time.

[spoiler=Abilities and Weaponry]Since she is not a fighter by training, Maya is not proficient in the use of any weapons. Her physical abilities are also unremarkable - her endurance and strength are poor. However, Maya is very graceful and intuitive. She'll sway out of the way of a bullet just in time, dodge blows she barely registered were coming, and flow past an enemy's formation to land precisely among them. (That's not so much an ability as a fighting style, but I figured I should put it here.)

However, the real source of Maya's power is her training as a Deepwater Shaman. That means she can commune with the element of water in shockingly diverse ways, assisted by her ritual dances. Since there's even moisture in the air and her own body, she's theoretically capable of manipulating water almost anywhere, though in practice, she's much stronger if she has a body of water around to manipulate. (As such, she carries two canteens everywhere she goes - one for drinking water, one for water to manipulate.) This power is limited only by her own skill, willpower, and imagination, and the amount of water in an area. A few more common uses for combat are listed below; however, this power is basically supposed to be "waterbending," so the following is not intended to limit her abilities.

• Water Whip: The bog-standard martial use of water manipulation is to create a whip of water. This rather versatile effect can whirl around her like a Burst Dash/Axel Jump-type deal, or just work like a normal whip, tripping opponents as necessary. This could theoretically be a razor-sharp Ice Whip for lethal combat, but Maya avoids lethal combat if at all possible.
  • Freeze/Thaw/Evaporate Water: What it sounds like. The former probably gets the most use. Note that this also applies to her other abilities - she could, for example, hit an opponent's leg with a Water Whip and then freeze the tip to freeze the enemy in place.
  • Fog Cloud: Fog is a series of water droplets suspended in the air; ergo, control of water also extends to creating clouds of mist that can obscure the actions of Maya and her allies. In practice, this works a bit like a smoke bomb.
  • Ice Slick: Giant death robots are a lot less intimidating when they're tripping on a patch of black ice.
  • Wave: Dragging a wave of water across the battlefield won't kill anyone, but it can push back enemies, leave the battlefield wet, and set up for all of the above abilities with the quantity of water. Of course, this requires that Maya has a good amount of water to begin with. She can "create" some water by condensing moisture in the air, but not that much.
  • Wall of Ice: When you need a barrier and you need it fast, just conjure up a wall of ice! Maya's barriers can withstand bullets, though not for very long - it is still ice, after all, and ice can chip. Order now and get a portable version, a shield of ice, absolutely free!
  • And so much more! She has "manipulation of water" and almost everything that represents. A few limitations, though: She can't manipulate the water in other people's bodies; it takes effort to condense water from the air to use as material; and since she's a shaman and borderline pacifist, she generally avoids any lethal uses of her power except in the most dire of circumstances.
Maya also has other skills that don't involve water manipulation but relate to her training as a shaman. She's skilled in medicine (albeit of a more herbal bent than any modern doctor would consider using), and is excellent at healing battlefield wounds with her medicinal kit.

Through the use of a sacred ritual, Maya can theoretically create holy water, a sacred substance that would heal her allies if they drank it, sear evil hearts, and generally make her water manipulation better than ever. However, Maya was forced to leave the Isle of Deepwater before she learned how to actually perform the ritual required to make holy water. She's trying to figure it out by herself, but it's not working very well so far.

Misc: Server, Chaos, etc. Why is the database required reading...? I mean, the rules I'd get, but the database?

On a slightly more serious note, here's a brief discussion of balancing: Maya is supposed to be fairly useless for actually attacking enemies but extremely versatile in terms of support and utility, which is why I argue her waterbending is balanced in spite of its extreme versatility. The holy water thing is there as a marker of her growth. Ideally, she'll keep working with the holy water as the campaign progresses, and as her character grows, she'll eventually be able to make it - hopefully just in time to deal with an escalated threat or keep up with her more powerful teammates. (Plus, it was based on Silver's even more versatile power of telekinesis, so... :P)Versatility isn't a problem. We expect to have a pretty small party... so I guess that leaves room for each character to fill a bigger role, and have a little bit more room to grow and develope.

Versatility isn't a problem. We expect to have a pretty small party... so I guess that leaves room for each character to fill a bigger role, and have a little bit more room to grow and develope.

Oh, that's good. Thanks for the feedback. ^^

So have I been accepted, or is there something I still need to work on...? Also, bump, I suppose.

Archived