Vaporwave

Toffee.

Vaporwave

Wiki:

Vaporwave is a music genre and art style that emerged in the early 2010s from indie dance genres such as seapunk, witch house, and chillwave. Although there is much diversity and ambiguity in its attitude and message, vaporwave sometimes serves as both a critique and a parody of consumerist society, '80s yuppie culture,[3] and new-age music, while acoustically and aesthetically showcasing a curious nostalgic fascination with their artifacts.

Vaporwave(and the things its made of) is arguably the weirdest genre you will ever, but oh my gosh is it really damn relaxing.

I've mentioned Vaporwave to a few other users, but still... I fnd it really fascinating, how/why it exists.

So how about you, YCM?

I've heard it described as a microgenre before, which I agree with. It absolutely does not have the depth to actually sustain itself as a genre. Either another genre will assimilate the vaporwave influence (which is arguably already happening), or it'll die out (like seapunk).

It does usually sound lovely though. You can already see its influence in a lot of indie pop.

Archived