[MtG] Cullixu, the Newly Sired (written)

heraldry_lord

Cullixu, the Newly Sired

Mana Cost: {5}{W}{U}{B}{R}{G}

Power/Toughness: 10/10

Legendary Creature - Eldrazi

Devoid (This card has no color.)

Protection from colored permanents.

When you cast Cullixu, the Newly Sired, reveal the top ten cards of your library. Cast a non-legendary Eldrazi creature among those cards without paying its mana cost, then put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.

Other Eldrazi creatures you control get +2/+2 and have vigilance, flying, deathtouch, haste and trample.

Whenever Cullixu, the Newly Sired attacks, the defending player exiles the top half of his or her library, rounded up.

I just wanted to make a 5-colour Eldrazi commander that lets you use all the Eldrazi cards.  For lore, I guess you could say that this is a new Eldrazi titan (as far as I know, we don't know anything about how the current titans came about other than they existed before coloured mana) that was spawned and it incorporated coloured mana into its identity, but it is still technically colourless.  Considering that we have non-drone, non-processor Eldrazi that have a coloured mana cost (Drowner of Hope and Barrage Tyrant), I don't think this is too much of a stretch.

5WUBRG is a fair cost for a 10/10, so I'm so far fine with it. Devoid is similarly expected considering the card.

Protection from colored permanents is probably fine, since spells will be the main threat to him. (Protection from colored spells is part of why Emrakul is so powerful, after all.)

The cast trigger is pretty cool.

I see where you're going with this next ability, but giving deathtouch AND trample (among other abilities) to multiple creatures is a bit suspect, particularly when a good chunk of those creatures have high power and will have an additional evasion ability. I feel like at least one of those abilities needs to be replaced, although that may not be too easy. (One alternative to look at would be to replace deathtouch with menace.)

That second ability is generally worse than Ulamog, but it does work extremely dangerously with Ulamog. I'm a bit cautious of that T10 this T11 Ulamog, but then again, that does leave a turn to kill this.

This looks very powerful, but it is also expensive and probably wouldn't used over current reanimator targets. I'd like to see this tested a bit before placing judgment on power level.

This feels a lot more mythic than the Sower. You always get an Eldrazi, this can still die to all kinds of things so you have answers, and all the keywords play nice with the giants that the Eldrazi are. I would recommend against Deathtouch though because of how it interacts with Trample. I would recommend Regenerate to replace it.

As for the Lore, I don't think this being a full on Titan, but something along the lines of one being a member of all 3 broods.

This feels a lot more mythic than the Sower. You always get an Eldrazi, this can still die to all kinds of things so you have answers, and all the keywords play nice with the giants that the Eldrazi are. I would recommend against Deathtouch though because of how it interacts with Trample. I would recommend Regenerate to replace it.

Why Regenerate, and not something like lifelink?

Archived