[Single] Nasu no Yoichi, the Rumbling General

Valkyrus

UvBZGLw.jpg

2 level 4 monsters
You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card: Look at your opponent's hand and target 1 monster in it (if any); Special Summon that target to your opponent's side of the field in face-up Defense position. During either player's turn, if your opponent adds a Monster Card from their Deck or Graveyard to their hand, you can banish this card from your Graveyard: Special Summon that card to your opponent's side of the field, but it cannot be used as a Fusion, Synchro or Xyz Material or be tributed for the rest of the turn.

Haven't made many cards in a while so I thought maybe I should give it a try. If this gets some nice feedback I'll upload it to DP and make it public.

I made this because i like playing control, and this can mess up many strategies. Also, it gives you a look at your opponent's hand, which can help you predict their moves.

Anyways, hope you like. Rate/hate/etc

Well to start; the wording summons the target monsters to the opponent's side of the field. If this is intentional, then alright. If not, then the wording needs to specify "To your side of the field".

But if the intention is to basically steal monsters from the opponent's hand, then no. Being able to look at your opponent's hand alone is a big boon, and I remember reading an interview with a YCS winner about how Mind Crush is a win/win card; because even if you call wrong being able to look at your opponent's hand and know what they have is a big advantage. But on top of that, if the intention is to just straight steal the monster, this card becomes a huge amount of advantage on your first turn. On top of that, it also has a from-grave effect that allows to very effectively disrupt a search.

You've essentially made an Extra Deck Mind Crush, yet at the same time better. Summoning the monster to the opponent's side would be somewhat of a balance, yet would still keep the utter strength of the card way too high; since it completely disrupts most plays an opponent is going to make (look at the opp's hand and force a summon, then beat it over because 2400 beatstick), or else force a searched monster and make it useless.

My vote's no.

Well to start; the wording summons the target monsters to the opponent's side of the field. If this is intentional, then alright. If not, then the wording needs to specify "To your side of the field".

But if the intention is to basically steal monsters from the opponent's hand, then no. Being able to look at your opponent's hand alone is a big boon, and I remember reading an interview with a YCS winner about how Mind Crush is a win/win card; because even if you call wrong being able to look at your opponent's hand and know what they have is a big advantage. But on top of that, if the intention is to just straight steal the monster, this card becomes a huge amount of advantage on your first turn. On top of that, it also has a from-grave effect that allows to very effectively disrupt a search.

You've essentially made an Extra Deck Mind Crush, yet at the same time better. Summoning the monster to the opponent's side would be somewhat of a balance, yet would still keep the utter strength of the card way too high; since it completely disrupts most plays an opponent is going to make (look at the opp's hand and force a summon, then beat it over because 2400 beatstick), or else force a searched monster and make it useless.

My vote's no.

it summons to the opponent's side. I thought I didn't need to specify that part. And even though it disrupts it doesn't create any card advantage by its effect. Also it doesn't stop effects from triggering on summon or in the Graveyard when you run over the monster, etc.

Archived