Kamen Rider x Pokemon: Kanto's Battles (Interest Check)

Azure Wolf

Been working on this for a bit, though losing my notes means not as much info will be here as I need to redo stuff, but anyway. Mainly taking inspiration from Kamen Rider for the Tokusatsu part, mainly KR OOOs with a bit of Decade in there, basically medals and cards as both can be related to Pokemon, medals for badges and cards for the TCG and if I remember James' info cards in some of the seasons.

So quick run down. Basically Sliph Co has released a new way to explore the world of Pokemon, a device that allows the user to obtain the power of one Pokemon at a time. Shortly after being announced, Team Rocket steals most of the devices and changes them to enhance their own Pokemon for their own goals. The remaining devices are given to Professor Aspen, the leading professor on Pokemon Technology, to give out to trainers he believes have enough potential to fight back against Team Rocket.

Against non-plot important NPCs like generic mob villains like grunts/humanoid Zubat monsters and wild Pokemon battles can be handled with your own discretion, though intervention will happen if you power-play. Against other players you decide a victor between yourselves or just flip a coin or something. Against plot important NPCs like Gym leaders, Team Admins and Humanoid Legendaries, you will generally have to lose your first encounter or two, though Gym leaders less so as they aren't as important.

Now to balance thinks everyone gets 4 forms, a basic Pokemon like Scyther, a stage one like Wormadam, a stage two like Luxray and either a legendary or a mega evolution. The reason for either a legendary or Mega is so you can't have Mewtwo and one of its Megas, the same with Rayquaza and the Primal forms of Groudon and Kyorge.

Okay, so going with the Kanto region and Team Rocket cause Gen 1. Most locations will be the same as Kanto during the time the Johto games take place, with Team Rocket actually in control of the Power Plant rather than underneath the Game Corner. The lab which you get your starting equipment is going to be in Celadon City, in the University there.

So it's Pokemon Reburst: The RP?

Sort of, didn't actually know about Reburst until I was already planning this though.

So if im reading this right youre saying people can use pokemon powers or are they actually turning into the pokemon?

People get the powers. So if some used Dialga they would have some ability to control time and such but will obtain the weaknesses of Dialga as well. Though the abilities of Legendaries aren't going to super uber broken so The person with Dialga wont be able to compete my reset time, more just slow down time allowing for them to have more time to react.

Also with Legendaries there is a power triangle for the trios i.e. Palkia beats Dialga, who in turn beats Giratina, who beats Palkia. Though will be changing these around once I actually get on to a computer so I can fine tune stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived