Demise of the Divine Key [Discussion +Errata Review|HELP]

BatMed

demise_of_the_divine_key_by_batmed-d8yms

Target 1 Effect monster in either player's Graveyard; choose 1 of that target's effects and activate it as if you controlled that target face-up, but if the effect's timing and conditions are incorrect or if a cost cannot be paid, banish that target instead. Otherwise, Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position during the End Phase. You can only activate 1 "Demise of the Divine Key" per turn.

**Rulings:

[Thanks to Cirrus]

- but if the effect's timing and conditions are incorrect  or if a cost cannot be paid, banish that target instead: incorrect timing is obvious, the 2nd part is in case the effect's cost is invalid: Like Tribute the card itself, or discard a specific card you don't have, or if you/you're opponent already activated that effect (or another effect of that card) and it has a hard OPT clause, etc...

Try the following:

Target 1 Effect monster in either player's Graveyard; choose 1 of that target's effects and activate it as if you controlled that target face-up, but if the effect's timing and conditions are incorrect or if a cost cannot be paid, banish that target instead. Otherwise, Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position during the End Phase.

I assume it doesn't work on on-Summon effects like Black Rose and Machina Gearframe? Or incorrectly timed effects like Dark Eradicator Warlock (which requires a Spell Card to be activated)? So just ignition effects which don't have an associated cost then, essentially.

Edit: What do you want the bolded part to do? SS it until the EP? SS it during the EP? Or what. Clarify please.

Try the following:

I assume it doesn't work on on-Summon effects like Black Rose and Machina Gearframe? Or incorrectly timed effects like Dark Eradicator Warlock (which requires a Spell Card to be activated)? So just ignition effects which don't have an associated cost then, essentially.

Edit: What do you want the bolded part to do? SS it until the EP? SS it during the EP? Or what. Clarify please.

thanks for your help ^^

what I meant is SS it during the End Phase x3

So then my wording is fine.

Card's really strong though. It's almost a free Reborn if you build your deck to abuse it.

Indeed, SS it in def was meant to avoid OTKs, in case it wasn't enough, negating the target's effects would solve it, (otherwise adding it to your hand or shuffling it into the deck is fine too)

Archived