11 year-old boy shoots and kills 8-year-old girl

There's a difference between a citizen's right to bear a firearm, and a citizen's right to bear a firearm and ammunition to fire such firearm. While criminals will get weapons regardless of legality, more guns make it easier for the average Joe to commit a crime. Be more like Switzerland, America. In Switzerland, it is legal to own a gun. It is however, not legal to own a gun and ammunition for that gun outside of designated shooting ranges and with background checks.

Part of America's problem is also a refusal to admit that some people are mentally insane and violent, and giving them access to a weapon does not conduce a good atmosphere in crime prevention and causation.

Bearing in mind that most Swiss people don't even own said guns. I know because I've been there at least 20 times in my life that I can remember, and I've never seen anyone with a gun. Ever.

I highly doubt America will ever be like Switzerland. I doubt the public here would want to be mandated by the government to yearly military training, since the active draft has been done over with. Although Switzerland never gets involved in pointless wars and will only do so if they are under invasion. The US should learn a thing or two about maintaining neutrality from Switzerland tho. I think a Swiss citizen cam own ammo, but it can't be for the military issue weapon that they own.

I highly doubt America will ever be like Switzerland. I doubt the public here would want to be mandated by the government to yearly military training, since the active draft has been done over with. Although Switzerland never gets involved in pointless wars and will only do so if they are under invasion. The US should learn a thing or two about maintaining neutrality from Switzerland tho. I think a Swiss citizen cam own ammo, but it can't be for the military issue weapon that they own.

Yes, people wouldnt LIKE military training, but they have the most free will over guns on the planet, so wouldnt it be the most logical place to actually have the training though? Not saying they'll do it or they should but it seems logical to me.

Archived