Fanfic: "Fandom Wars"

Toffee.

Fandom Wars being a working title.

Anyway...

I had a dream a while ago, and it, basically, presented me with all of this. I'm just re-writing/copy+pasting/etc this from a Skype conversation that I mentioned this in, so please mind the fact this will slightly be scatterbrained, but whatever.

All the fandoms were parody-esque versions of exisitng ones.

Gundam -> Guardsmen

Transformers -> Mechamorphers

Street Fighter -> Brawl Buster

MLP -> Silly Fillies

Ygo -> Card Sharks

Gradius games -> Space Cadets

etc

Everyone belonged to a group, as well.

Fighting games and Card Sharks were part of Fighting Network

Mecha shows like Gundam/etc are part of the Mechaverse

Silly Fillies are Tooniverse

Space Cadets are Disconnecteds(videogames that dont fall within the bounds of other areas)

etc

Characters have common abilities like transformation, blasts, and music(Just go with it), while each Fandom has unique ability/trait.

Mechamorphers' ability is basically an atomic bomb that can only be used as a last ditch effort.

SFC members are immortal.

Silly Fillies have a music boost.

Guardsmen have a head crest; It's a sign that shows you are of royalty and superirotiy.

Space Cadets have Options; Summons 2 versions of your main weapon that you can fight with.

Card Sharks have Card Playing, it's a Deck of 40 random abilities that varys depending on the situation. It's one of the best and also one of the worst abilities, due to how unpredictable it is.

etc

The plot of this, is that the Mechamorphers are the ones who start this war. They set out to find a fandom that they deem worthy enough to be part of their crossover-

Crossovers, in this, are borderline outlawed/forbidden/etc everywhere, unless otherwise stated, except for an oddly specific are that's known as the Super Fighting Colosseum. This SFC is basically Smash Bros, for them, and if you chose to join the SFC then your own abilities/etc would naturally crossover with the Fighting Network- BOOM. You are now a fighting character. And in doing so, you are unable to leave the SFC/Fighting Network, because that's what members of the Fighting Network do; They fight eachother in contests/etc to prove who is stronger. Unless you are here to spectate, which is totally fine, and if you are a spectator, then your own abilities are disabled while you are here. It's for safety, or whatever.

But enough about that...

The Mechamorphers wanted more.

They came to the conclusion that a fandom can only achieve it's fullest potential is if it crosses over with other fandoms, and the stronger the crossover then the stronger the result; Ideally you would combine things that make sense, or whatever.

The main Mechamorpher in this is named Octan; Octan is a Mechamorpher that is 99% Mechamorpher and 1% Brickworx(LEGO). Octan was an expirement that lead the Mechamorphers into a golden age of customization- Mechamorphers love customization, but it's typically within the bounds of their own realm. Octan was just a 1-off expirement that, he was a Mechamorpher that could turn into anything, since this is what the Brickworx part of him allowed him to do.

Octan wound up gaining a leading position among the Mechamorphers as a result. Mechamorphers only really have 3 modes, robot mode, a vehicle of some kind, and then a weapon mode. Octan had like infinite modes, hence why he became such a success. Mechamorphers are also one of the strongest Fandoms in the Mechaverse, and Mechaverse being the strongest group. Characters in the Mechaverse, however, they are bound by their own nobility; They aren't usually hostile unless they are attacked first. Mechaverse being the top group, with Fighting Network being a close second. FN also doubles as the police of sorts, because the SFC also acts as a reforming place of sorts, but at the same time, also increases the number of fighters they have. So basically if you do sheet that's against some sort of rules or whatever, then you can wind up spending the rest of whatever as a fighting game character; It's actually a good thing, since characters in the SFC are , again, immortal/respawn if they die/etc, but you can't leave. Tooniverse characters frequent the SFC as spectators.

Ok, back to Octan-

Octan, goes rogue on his own and defeats the Card Sharks using the Option Ability, along with the Card Playing ability he gained from the Card Sharks area- Basically he used Card Playing after he used Option, and Card Playing Summoned 2 more Options- All of this firepower let him defeat the King of Card Sharks, thus, he conquered Card Sharks. Crossover abilities like that are stronger then usual abilities, because this sort of stuff works that way/abilities that make sense are what they aim for.

Octan had obtained Option earlier from Space Cadets- Space Cadets are friends with the Mechaverse, and the two borrow tech/abilities/etc from eachother from time to time- A lot of Mechamorphers become jets.

Octain starts this Fandom war because he turned traitorous against the Space Cadets and took them out first, and went to the Card Sharks next. Why the Card Sharks? Card Sharks incorporate a lot of stuff from Disconnecteds, so going from Space Cadets to Card Sharks would be incredibly easy, and as a result, lets him crossover with those two at the same time, and as such, becomes an imposing force.

I don't remember much after all of this, but the main representative of Tooniverse was informing the head of Fighting Network about what was going on, to which, the main Tooniverse and Fighting Network characters then went to see XR; XR being the main Guardsmen of the Mechaverse, and basically is the strongest Mechaverse character. But anyway, Tooniverse and Fighting Network were telling XR about the events of Octan, but Octan had gone to XR ahead of time and assured him that he was merely doing this for the sake of their own progress, but never once mentioned anything about outright eliminating other Fandoms, which is what the issue here is. XR never saw Octan's plan as a problem, because he wasn't aware of the fact that Octain was killing everyone for his own personal gain, and thus, starts the war, with Octain being an evil funker who is bent on taking over everyhting else, such that he becomes the strongest Fandom, literlaly by himself.

And that's about all I remember. It's just all of this.... And nothing else.

So realistically, this could form a story of sorts, if I strighten it out more, but that's why I'm dumping it here in story planning... Since that's all that this is.

I...

Am having trouble figuring out what exactly is going on here, tbh.

Plot:

Main badguy breaks the universal treaty because he wants more power, and starts a war because of his actions. He lied to his superiors in order to get away with it.

Everyone else is worried about this, and winds up getting involved in it.

Context:

You become stronger if you can successfully merge with something/not all combinations are going to work.

Main badguy merges with things to become stronger, and at the same time, kills off whatever else he merged with, so only he has [x] powers/etc.

Merging with things is against the rules, because of reasons; main badguy went against this.

etc

It's a lot of... Whatever...

Ok, that plot synopsis makes sense.

So, what did you want to do with this idea? You wanted to make a fanfiction crossover-like story? Also, stop using so many ellipses. Ye booooootherin' me.

I feel like, the way it is now, it's a story idea that's scattered all over the place. I would recommend organizing it and solidifying the idea so that you have a clear idea of what you're going for and how, and will be able to effectively communicate this to people in the future. Based on the length of your post, you clearly have put a lot of thought into it. Now it just needs to be formed into a cohesive idea.

Archived