The Great Franchise War(OOC/Accepting apps)

It is a dark time in the world. A great war rages across the land, air, and sea. The oceans are clogged with the wreckage of warships, leaking out nuclear waste into the sea, killing all the innocent fish. The sky is covered in one endless grey cloud, starring down at the ground with a permanent death glare. The lands are splattered with the gore and mangled bodies of men and women, mostly of teenage age. The world is in a grave state of anarchy, as street violence runs rampant throughout the world. What could have caused this, you may ask? The one thing everyone holds dear to their heart and brings them joy in life. It gives them a sense of purpose in their lives when they feel at their worst. It is their fandom.

For too long, the fandoms of the great works of fiction have been at each others' throats. The Sonic fanbase and the Mario fanbase, the Nostalgia Critic and Angry Video Game Nerd, Pewdiepie and Tobuscus, along with all the other franchises, once only fought on in the realms of forums on their computers, insulting the others for their minor flaws. They judged the fans of other franchises based on their worst members. It was like this, until they finally had enough with each other. It began with the Call of Duty Black Ops III and Team Fortress 3 announcements at E3.

The Call of Duty fans were left a hallow shell, as their fanbase was destroyed. Team Fortress 3, despite how Valve showed his lack of interest in the gameplay, surpassed Black Ops III in sales, causing more people to abandon the franchise and start buying the game on PC. However, that was just the start. That same year, Nintendo and Sega joined and became a single company. With this, copyright issues for future games were non-existent and they could boost the value of their stocks. However, the Blue Blur was left to rest in peace, fading away into memory, though Mario remained. Sonic fans became just as outraged as the Call of Duty fanbase. That November, as the latest Mario game was announced, a coalition of Sonic and Call of Duty fans, outraged at the destruction of their communities, broke in to stores and destroyed all copies of the Mario game. Mario fans reacted viciously. They hosted a gathering to destroy all the ancient Sonic games, as well as Black Ops III. This escalated into full-on violence that December, when Mario fans and the Sonic-COD Coalition collided at shopping malls worldwide and war broke out. The Team Fortress fanbase, realizing how it was their game that started all of this, joined the Mario fanbase to stand a chance. Eventually, other fanbases joined in, taking sides. The sides were dubbed Team Mario Alliance and Sonic-COD Coalition. The war eventually got into places that people actually cared about. The militaries of the world turned against themselves, joining in the Great Franchise War and contributing, but to the ultimate demise. People don't know who fired the nuclear warhead that ended it all, but it left the world in a destroyed state.

Out of the nuclear wasteland, the survivors all mutated, gaining abilities relating to the very franchise they were so devoted to. Sonic fans developed the ability to run at high speeds, Mario fans gained the ability to change their size, and so on. Now, the only thing that's on any of their minds is their undying devotion, proving their celebrities true. Which side will reign supreme?

This RP will take place in a fantasy world where everyone has at least one power relating to what they are fans of. All players are restricted to only 1 franchise so that rule cannot be exploited. If you switch to another side, you still only get that one power. To make it a little more interesting, leaders may have two powers, but will be held to higher standards. The plot is a basic war, but it takes a South Park approach by having these powers and having the fight be over something this stupid. There isn't much in terms of a plot as this will mostly be a sandbox RP.

[spoiler=rules]

1. No OOC in the IC. Ever.

2. I'm not called egotistical for no reason. My word is the law of this RP.

3. No RPing for anyone else without their expressed permission. Permission will only count as expressed if the other user posts it in the OOC or PMs me.

4. No god modding. You're not invincible.

5. No metagaming(using OOC information to gain an IC advantage). You knowing something is not the same as your character knowing something.

6. You may have up to 3 characters.

7. If you do not post in 5 days without first informing us, your character will be put up for adoption. If you have multiple characters, you must RP all of them within this time box or this rule will apply.

8. In the app, there's a line that say "Have you read the rules?" Answer it with "Yes master."

9. You must make at least 2 IC posts with a regular character before creating a faction leader.

10. There is no faction app. This is because it would give faction leaders control of too many NPCs that could ultimately lead to god modding and meta gaming.

11. All IC posts must be 100 words long at minimum.

Character Application-Note that all information is mandatory.

Character Name:

Franchise:

Appearance:

Personality(50 words):

Power:

*How does this power relate to your fandom?:

Any other important information:

Have you read the rules?:

Leader Application

Name:

Franchise:

Appearance:

Personality(50 words):

Powers(2 max.):

*How do these powers relate to your franchise:

Basic Information(such as how they became the leader):

Have you read the rules?:

Video games are making children more violent!

This sounds like simple mindless fun with superpowers and awesome fight scenes.  Consider me as having pending interest :)

Tomorrow I'll see if I can't get an app or two going over this.  Probably for Overlord and Legend of Zelda, the former being an RPG series I love that needs more attention, and the latter being my personal favorite franchise.

Archived