[Archetype] Wind Warriors

Dova

A smaller archetype of cards, which, unlike their name says, are actually Warrior AND Beast-Warrior. My attempt to add to one of the less used Attributes.

This is also a start to my "realistic" (Emphasis on the quotes) Archetype attempts. The main reasoning behind this is that when these cards in ATK position, they are flying above the field, but when they switch to DEF, they come down. Enjoy.

[spoiler=Monsters (7)]IozSitj.jpg

Once per turn, if your opponent attacks you directly: You can switch this card to Defense Position, and, if you do, the attacking monster must target one of your face-up Defense Position monsters for that attack instead. If this face-up Attack Position card is targeted for an attack, you can make that attack a direct attack. If your opponent controls no WIND monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly.

tz3PAOH.jpg

Once per turn, if your opponent attacks your directly: You can switch this card to Defense Position, and, if you do, the attacking monster must target one of your face-up Defense Position monsters for that attack instead. If this face-up Attack Position card is targeted for an attack, you can make that attack a direct attack. If your opponent controls no WIND monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. If this card deals battle damage to your opponent: Return one card they control to their hand.

7Ox7bYL.jpg

Once per turn, if your opponent attacks you directly: You can switch this card to Defense Position, and, if you do, negate that attack. If this face-up Attack Position card is targeted for an attack, you can make that attack a direct attack. If your opponent controls no WIND monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly.

vm1phlw.jpg

Once per turn, if your opponent attacks you directly: You can switch this card to Defense Position, and, if you do, the attacking monster must target one of your face-up Defense Position monsters for that attack instead, also you can target one card on the field other than the attacking monster: Destroy it. If this face-up Attack Position card is targeted for an attack, you can make that attack a direct attack. If your opponent controls no WIND monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly.

dLQ9xnQ.jpg

Once per turn, if your opponent attacks you directly: You can switch this card to Defense Position, and, if you do, the attacking monster must target one of your face-up Defense Position monsters for that attack instead. If this face-up Attack Position card is targeted for an attack, you can make that attack a direct attack. If your opponent controls no WIND monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. If this card deals battle damage to your opponent: You can add one "Tempest" or "Wind Warrior" card from your Deck to your hand.

fh4OnBE.jpg

Once per turn, if your opponent attacks your directly: You can switch this card to Defense Position, and, if you do, the attacking monster must target one of your face-up Defense Position monsters for that attack instead. If this face-up Attack Position card is targeted for an attack, you can make that attack a direct attack. If your opponent controls no WIND monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly.

jNMtgu8.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned by Tributing 3 WIND monsters your control. Once per turn, if your opponent attacks you directly: You can switch this card to face-up Defense Position, and, if you do, the attacking monster targets this card instead. If this face-up Attack Position card is targeted for an attack, you can make that attack a direct attack. This card can attack your opponent directly. If this card attacks your opponent directly with this effect, switch this card's ATK and DEF until the end of the Damage Step.

[spoiler=Spells (4)]

5VjCITi.jpg

When this card is activated: Add 1 "Wind Warrior" monster from your Deck to your hand. Your opponent is always treated as controlling no WIND monsters. If your attacks you directly while you control a WIND monster: You can switch all monsters you control to Defense Position, also all WIND monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle once this turn, also your opponent must attack a monster you control. If your opponent declares a direct attack while you control no monsters: Special Summon one "Wind Warrior" from your deck. You can only use one of these two effects of "Enveloping Tempest" per turn, and only once that turn. You can only activate one "Enveloping Tempest" per turn.

eNfOm46.jpg

Your opponent is treated as having no WIND monsters. Once per turn, when your opponent attacks you directly or declares an attack while you control a face-up monster(s), you can activate one of these effects:

-You take half damage from that attack.

-Switch one of your face-up Attack Position monsters into face-up Defense Position, also redirect that attack to that monster.

xNKNDrX.jpg

When a WIND monster you control inflicts battle damage to your opponent: Activate 1 "Tempest" Spell Card from your Deck, except "Tempest Call".

J6ysbb8.jpg

Activate this card during your Main Phase 1. At the start of your Main Phase 2 after this card was activated, target any number of WIND monsters you control that attacked your opponent directly this turn: Special Summon a number of WIND monsters from your Deck equal to the number targeted, also their total Levels must also equal the total Levels of the monsters targeted.

[spoiler=Extra (2)]BS7kKKU.jpg

2 Level 4 WIND monsters

(This card is always treated as a "Wind Warrior" card.)

Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: If your opponent can attack a monster you control this turn, he must attack this one. Once per turn, if your opponent attacks you directly: You can switch this card to Defense Position, and, if you do, the attacking monster must target one of your face-up Defense Position monsters for that attack instead. If this face-up Attack Position card is targeted for an attack, you can make that attack a direct attack. If your opponent controls no WIND monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. While this card is in face-up Defense Position, it cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects.

pSZ852s.jpg

2 Level 4 WIND monsters

(This card is always treated as a "Wind Warrior" card.)

Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: You can increase this card's ATK by the number of WIND monsters you control x 200. Once per turn, if your opponent attacks you directly: You can switch this card to Defense Position, and, if you do, the attacking monster must target one of your face-up Defense Position monsters for that attack instead. If this face-up Attack Position card is targeted for an attack, you can make that attack a direct attack. If your opponent controls no WIND monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. You cannot take damage greater than the ATK of this card.

I've meet my promise, first thing; now to how I rate sets/ decks...

Set Rating:

• Speed: Drawing aspect of the set and spawning capabilities to stay on the field...[1-Incapable to 5-Phenomenal ] 
  • Support: How this set gains aid regards to other existing sets/archetypes/cards...[1-Incapable to 5-Phenomenal ] 
  • Game-play: How the sets supports each other and flows smoothly with a theme...[1-Incapable to 5-Phenomenal ] 
  • Archetype-Vitality: The very appearance of the archetypes and art reflection to each other...[1-Incapable to 5-Phenomenal ] 

Monsters{Overall Grade: 3} 

1. Wind Warrior-Draco || Personally I'd not use this card, it's not supporting the set/deck. It's really a monster with high attack(def), but now days these high attack monsters aren't something worth playing...
  2. Wind Warrior-Fulgens || I'd use this in my set; for reasons of it being able to nuff high level monsters/ end set ups. Bouncer effect with a direct attack, only if a attack support card could be made...I suggest some sort of attack increase & protection equip card^^
  3. Wind Warrior-Gabriel || Attack neg, nice. I'd run one or two in the deck...
  4. Wind Warrior-Leo || Running three of these is a must! That's the greatness of it...I personally love how it has a a nice blend two effects into one. 
  5. Wind Warrior-Lucia || I don't know how I feel about this card. It's 50/50 useful as it's situational given that the opponent hasn't faced this deck.
  6. Wind Warrior-Seraphim || Throw away. NOT NEEDED.  
  7. Wind Warrior-Strom Herald || Running 2 of them in the deck, quite useful as they(it) can switch between ATK/DEF battle. 

Spells{Overall Grade: 2}

1. Tempest-Enveloping || Quite too much. This card makes the set weaker, it forms the idea that without it, the whole set fails. 

When this card is activated: Add 1 "Wind Warrior" monster from your Deck to your hand. Your opponent is always treated as controlling no WIND-Type monsters. If your opponent attacks you directly while you control a WIND monster: Once per turn, during either players turn; You can switch all Change 1 monsters you control to Defense Position, also all WIND monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle once this turn, also your opponent must attack a monster you control. If your opponent declares a direct attack while you control no monsters: Special Summon one 1 "Wind Warrior" from your deck Hand. You can only use one of these two effects of "Enveloping Tempest" per turn, and only once that turn. You can only activate one "Enveloping Tempest" per turn.
  2. Tempest-Incoming || u.u Op'ed or broken...

Your opponent is treated as having no WIND monsters. While your opponent controls no WIND-Type monsters: Once per turn, when If your opponent attacks you directly or declares an attack while you control a face-up "Wind Warrior" monster(s), you can activate one of these effects:
    +1 "Wind Warrior" -You take half damage from that attack. Half the Battle Damage this turn. Add 1 "Wind Warrior" from your graveyard/ banish pile to your hand. 
    +2 "Wind Warrior"-Switch one Change 1 of your face-up Attack Position "Wind Warriors" monsters into face-up Defense Position, also redirect that attack to that monster. Draw 1 card.

3. Tempest-Call || Must have 3 in the deck. Well made. 
  4. Tempest-Increasing || Umm ugh, What is this? As is, it's...it's broken...not even save-able or to say...

Extra{Overall:1}

1. WindBorne Dragon|| While I read the card, it was as if each line it descended toward being Op'ed until it became op'ed lol. Edit out a little but didn't place more into the card for new aspects as I find that you have to make them not me. Great potent ideas can go in places of those removed areas...

(This card is always treated as a "Wind Warrior" monster card.Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: If your opponent can attack a monster you control this turn, he must attack this one. Once per turn, if your opponent attacks you directly: You can switch change this card to Defense Position, and, if you do, the attacking monster must target one of your face-up Defense Position monsters for that attack instead. If this face-up Attack Position card is targeted for an attack, you can make that attack a direct attack. If your opponent controls no WIND monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. While this card is in face-up Defense Position, it cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects.
  2.  Skyborne Dragon || Smh, not touching this...

• Speed: [2-Applicable] 
  • Support: [3-Outstanding] 
  • Game-play: [2-Applicable] 
  • Archetype-Vitality: [3-Outstanding] 

Overall Set Grade: (Monster's grade + Spell grade + Extra's grade"6") divided by(Total attainable points/grade"15")=0.4(worth 60%)=0.24 + (Speed, Support, Game-play and Archetype-Vitality grades "10") divided by(Total Attainable points/grade"20")=0.5 

• Which is "0.74" in grade terms of school: C.

Archived