A Chronology of the Holy War

a bad post

So I've decided this year I really wanted to buckle down and write for International Novel Writing Month (since I did Inktober as well this year, and I'm feeling motivated), and this is a story idea I've basically had for a bit. As for what I actually want to write about...

The plot revolves around the First, Second, and Third Holy Grail Wars of the Fate/stay night universe starting with its creation and ending with the conclusion of the Third Holy Grail War. Anyway I just want to through all of the information I know for a fact about the first 3 Holy Grail Wars to make sure I'm not getting anything wrong, and that I'm not missing anything.

Creation:

• The Holy Grail is created by Justeaze Lizrich von Einzbern, Nagato Tohsaka, and Zolgen Makiri to recover the Third Magic, which had been lost by the Einzbern several generations before. 
  • They decide to do it in Japan because the Church and Mage's Association are having it out at that point in time, but because Japan is anti-Christian at the time the Church has no authority there, so that's where they decide to hold the Grail War.
  • The Einzbern use alchemy to create both the Greater and Lesser Grails, and before the First Grail takes place Justeaze sacrifices herself to give the Greater Grail its power.
  • The Tohsaka provide the land, as well as gathering the catalysts to summon the Servants, and Nagato's daughter has more of a hand in it than he does
  • The Makiri's create the Servant Summoning System and the Command Seals to control them

The First Holy Grail War:

• The Einzbern, Tohsaka and Makiri (who by this point are called the Matou) figure out the major flaw of their plan, that the Grail can only grant a single person's wish, so they basically say they'll complete the ritual, but when things actually start to go down they'll be enemies
  • They need 7 Servants to complete the ritual so they invite 4 other magi who end up using the insueing chaos between the 3 Founding Families to further their own goals
  • Since nobody has any idea what their doing the whole thing ends up being a flop and blows up in their faces

The Second Holy Grail War:

• Hello naughty children it's murder time
  • They decide to include the Church as a neutral party

The Third Holy Grail War:

• The Einzberns are dirty cheaters and summon Avenger, who replaces Bahserkah. He sucks though and gets defeated really early, and that causes the Grail to become corrupted
  • The Edelfet use their Sorcery Trait have 2 Masters. They summon Saber, and as per tradition they make it until the end, but get defeated by the Tohsaka. The older sister goes into hiding, but nobody knows what happened to the younger sister.
  • Assassin is a midget Hassan with a head explode noble phantasm, and his Master is a user of doll magecraft and hides him in his dolls. 
  • Basically everyone is dirty cheaters
  • NAZIS.... and the Imperial Army too. They f*** everything up, and end up destroying the Lesser Grail. 
  • It only lasts 4 days

That is I believe all the information on the Great Families and the Grail Wars the occurred before the 4th Holy Grail War, but if there's something I'm missing it would be great if you could let me know.

From what I remember, it only officially was structured as a war starting from the second war onwards, as the first war had no precedent. Other than that this seems just about right.

On an unrelated note, a friend of mine once brought up how Arturia should've been summoned in the previous three wars as well, since her contract to the World means she would be summoned anywhere where there would be a chance of obtaining a grail. According to said friend, there's no reason why the World wouldn't summon her in chronological order, meaning she must've participated in the previous three wars. Personally I don't see why it has to be done chronologically but it could be something for you to consider.

Honestly I don't think the original HGWs are very interesting, compared to the various variations(Moon Cell Grail War, the False Grail War in America, the Greater Grail War in Romania...) but it'll be fun to see how you'll tackle the subject.

Archived