Was it suposed to be this way?

Okay, so im reading a bunch of old cards and i come across this card.

AgidoDCR-EN-C.jpg

Now, im thinking okay, not bad until i read it a little more closely.

When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard as a result of battle, roll a six-sided die. You can Special Summon 1 Fairy-Type monster from your Graveyard whose Level is equal to the number rolled. (If the result is 6, you can Special Summon a Level 6 or higher monster.)

Now this card has no Errata and its only card rulings are as followed...

"Agido" can Special Summon itself.

"Agido"'s effect does not target.

While "Necrovalley" is active, the effect of "Agido" will activate, but will be negated.

So, if it goes as written, and i rolled a 6... Could it be possible to special summon ANY lvl 6 or higher monster Non-Fairy as well?

Discuss.

AgidoDR1-EN-C.jpg

Here is the Errata, which is not even listed on the official UDE website...

When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard as a result of battle, roll a six-sided dice. You can Special Summon 1 Fairy-Type monster from your Graveyard whose Level is equal to the number rolled. (If the result is 6, you can Special Summon a Level 6 or higher monster.)

As you can see it still does not say Fairy... oh well...

If you get a 6 on the die roll' date=' you can probably Special Summon any LV6 or higher monster from the Graveyard. The card may not have a misprint. It should be correct.

Allowing you to Special Summon any Type of monster from your Graveyard could be a bonus.

[/quote']

Care to give any reasoning to support this claim?

If you get a 6 on the die roll' date=' you can probably Special Summon any LV6 or higher monster from the Graveyard. The card may not have a misprint. It should be correct.

Allowing you to Special Summon any Type of monster from your Graveyard could be a bonus.

[/quote']

I think the fact that it was reprinted with exactly no New or replacing words (like adding "Fairy-Type" in the parenthesis) would be evidence. I only brought that up because the whole idea of reprinting card text's was supposed to make it completely easy to read and interpret, yet were still having this discussion.

[/quote']

I think the fact that it was reprinted with exactly no New or replacing words (like adding "Fairy-Type" in the parenthesis) would be evidence. I only brought that up because the whole idea of reprinting card text's was supposed to make it completely easy to read and interpret, yet were still having this discussion.

Parentheses are very rare in card text; you normally only see them for effects at the end of the text that are the same for a lot of cards, such as the Union text.

im just gonna stop being lazy and take it to the UDE forum, have a lvl 3 or higher judge rule on it. Best thing in the world , Yugioh is actually starting to get Literal with there card texts. But than if it gets literal with this, what does that say about Wicked Worm Beast?! (Before Errata)

TheWickedWormBeastSDK-EN-C.jpg o.O

Just think how banned this card would have been if its effect was as Literal as it is typed. Talk about broken.

im just gonna stop being lazy and take it to the UDE forum' date=' have a lvl 3 or higher judge rule on it. Best thing in the world , Yugioh is actually starting to get [b']Literal[/b] with there card texts. But than if it gets literal with this, what does that say about Wicked Worm Beast?! (Before Errata)

Just think how banned this card would have been if its effect was as Literal as it is typed. Talk about broken.

There's an errata. Try again.

AgidoDR1-EN-C.jpg

Here is the Errata' date=' which is not even listed on the official UDE website...

When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard as a result of battle, roll a six-sided dice. You can Special Summon 1 Fairy-Type monster from your Graveyard whose Level is equal to the number rolled. (If the result is 6, you can Special Summon a Level 6 or higher monster.)

[/quote']

i think the card is cool

im just gonna stop being lazy and take it to the UDE forum' date=' have a lvl 3 or higher judge rule on it. Best thing in the world , Yugioh is actually starting to get [b']Literal[/b] with there card texts. But than if it gets literal with this, what does that say about Wicked Worm Beast?! (Before Errata)

There's an errata. Try again.

hmmm, mabey we should read a lil more carefully. I know it has an errata, i said Before errata, and its more Hypothetical than anything else. Just food for thought, not needing corrections of any sort.

AgidoDR1-EN-C.jpg

Here is the Errata' date=' which is not even listed on the official UDE website...

[/quote']

i think the card is cool

I think it's not. The probability to roll a six is only 1/6 and Special Summoning from the Graveyard means that its useless on the start. It maybe useful in a Fairy deck during midgame unless you discard

Archived