[MtG] More Eldrazi support (written)

heraldry_lord

Ulamog's Approach

Mana Cost: {2}{U}{B}

Enchantment

Devoid (This card has no color.)

When you cast an Eldrazi creature card with converted mana cost 4 or more, you may reveal the top three cards of your library. Put a colorless nonland card among them into your hand, and the rest at the bottom of your library in any order.

Whenever an Eldrazi creature you control deals combat damage to a player, that player exiles the top X cards of his or her library, where X is that creature's converted mana cost.

Corruption Propagation

Mana Cost: {2}{U}{G}

Enchantment

Eldrazi Drone creatures you control have flying and ingest. (Eldrazi Drone creatures you control can't be blocked, except by creatures with flying and reach. Whenever an Eldrazi Drone creature you control deals combat damage to a player, that player exiles the top card of his or her library for each instance of ingest that creature has.)

Whenever a card you don't own is put into a graveyard from exile, put a 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Scion creature token onto the battlefield. It has "Sacrifice this creature: Add {1} to your mana pool."

Vision of Terror

Mana Cost: {2}{U}{G}

Power/Toughness: 3/3

Creature - Eldrazi

Untap all Eldrazi creatures and all basic lands during each other player's untap step.

You may cast Eldrazi creatures as though they had flash.

When you cast Vision of Terror, look at the top five cards of your library, reveal a colorless creature card among them, and put that card into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

Scion Broodwarden

Mana Cost: {2}{G}{G}

Power/Toughness: 3/3

Creature - Eldrazi Drone

When Scion Broodwarden enters the battlefield, put two 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Scion tokens onto the battlefield. They have "Sacrifice this creature: Add {1} to your mana pool."

Eldrazi Scion creatures you control get +1/+1 and have ingest. (Whenever an Eldrazi Scion creature you control deals combat damage to a player, that player exiles the top card of his or her library for each instance of ingest that creature has.)

The Spawnsire of Guul Draz

Mana Cost: {U}{B}{R}{G}

Power/Toughness: 5/6

Legendary Creature - Eldrazi

Haste. Trample

Whenever The Spawnsire of Guul Draz deals combat damage to a player, that player reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he or she reveals a land card, then that player exiles those revealed cards.

{X}{G},{T}: Put X 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Scion tokens onto the battlefield. They have "Sacrifice this creature: Add {1} to your mana pool."

The Spawnsire of Guul Draz is the Eldrazi sire Drana fought (yes I'm aware that in reality, that's Sire of Stagnation).  I added the actual "sire" bit, which was the part that made the thing a huge threat in the story.  I also made it legendary, since in my headcanon, that was the only sire of that size and power on Guul Draz at the time, and Eldrazi could use a commander that can actually encompass the entire tribe (the titans are clearly not an option, since they have to have a colorless identity).

Vision of Terror is a Prophet of Kruphix for Eldrazi that also lets you dig for them upon cast.

I would think Ulamog's Approach should instead have its exile-mill effect trigger on combat damage so the opponent can at least try to defend themselves from losing a lot of their deck.

Do multiple instances of ingest stack on a creature, like it normally does with extort?

Vision of Terror is actually more acceptable than Prophet of Kruphix mainly because it only untaps basics and untaps for everyone. So unless you're building almost to exclusively exploit that, the "action economy" you gain over everyone else shouldn't be too great.

I'm fine with Spawnsire here. Love how it combines ingest with grind-mill.

Do multiple instances of ingest stack on a creature, like it normally does with extort?

I should put reminder text for stuff like that, shouldn't I?

I think another good comparison is exalted; any exalted creature that's granted exalted by another card has multiple instances of it, so I think it's possible that ingest stacks, and it would certainly make ingest much more efficient if ingest-givers like Broodwarden and Propagation can do that.

I'm hoping that by Oath, they do more with the ingest (and Processor) mechanic, before Ulamog is dispatched, because apparently these two mechanics are exclusive to his brood.

Archived