SimCity

SimCity2000 and SimTower are the quite literal best games I've ever played. The depth, the reliability and the expert strategies you come up with after a while make for a truly immersing experience. They are mainstays of my PC library, and I still own the discs today, with the manuals. Hell, you could import your SimCity1 cities and even fly around them in SimCopter. Truly, this is cross-game compatibility on no level any game has done before. The Special Edition I got came with a tileset editor and scenario editor and interviews with Will Wright.

Whatever you do, don't lower the Transport budget in 2000 or the Transport Representative will go apeshit at you.

But since I can't name my city 'Sweaty Hairy Dog Bollocks' in the new one, I passed.

SimCity2000 and SimTower are the quite literal best games I've ever played. The depth, the reliability and the expert strategies you come up with after a while make for a truly immersing experience. They are mainstays of my PC library, and I still own the discs today, with the manuals. Hell, you could import your SimCity1 cities and even fly around them in SimCopter. Truly, this is cross-game compatibility on no level any game has done before. The Special Edition I got came with a tileset editor and scenario editor and interviews with Will Wright.

Whatever you do, don't lower the Transport budget in 2000 or the Transport Representative will go apeshit at you.

But since I can't name my city 'Sweaty Hairy Dog Bollocks' in the new one, I passed.

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

I have them both, but SimCity 4 crashes often for me. So I kinda play with the latest/shittiest one.

Yeah, it happens. And there are other bugs but the modding community managed to make fixes for those.

Archived