Frunk's Deck - All new... Sort of...

Frunk

DECK UNDERGOING MAJOR CHANGES - THREAD VOID.

Last Updated: 11 August 2007

Hello YCM Members,

I've redone my deck, it now contains alot of old cards that used to be in my deck, but aren't anymore. My deck has previously received critasism due to the fact it doesn't revolve around one particular theme, well, I've done my best and I think I've done it. I present you my newest version of my main deck, still with alot of cards from prior to this edit. This deck consists of 43 cards and a 1 card Fusion Deck.

I'd really like some help with making my deck the best it possibly can be, so I value any constructive critasism you have, and will do my best to implement any changes. Feel free to ask about any of the cards in my deck should you not know what they are.

Fusion Deck

Dark Paladin

Monsters = 19

Ritual Monsters

Paladin of White Dragon

Normal Monsters

Blue-Eyes White Dragon

Dark Magician

Luster Dragon

The Dragon Dwelling in the Cave X3

Effect Monsters

Buster Blader

Kaiser Glider

Lord of D.

Troop Dragon X3

Twin-Headed Behemoth

Masked Dragon X3

Armed Dragon LV3

Armed Dragon LV5

Spell Cards = 14

Normal

Dragon's Gunfire X3

Emblem of Dragon Destroyer

Fissure

Nobleman of Crossout

Polymerization

Stamping Destruction X3

Equip

Premature Burial

Quick-Play

Mystical Space Typhoon

Shrink

Ritual

White Dragon Ritual

Trap Cards = 10

Normal

Magic Cylinder

Michizure

Ring of Destruction

Trap Hole

Continuous

Dragon's Bead

Call of the Haunted

Ordeal of a Traveler

Ultimate Offering

Counter

Magic Drain X2

In: Shrink, Armed Dragon LV3, Armed Dragon LV5, Twin-Headed Behemoth, Magic Drain X1, Nobleman of Crossout, The Dragon Dwelling in the Cave X2, Cave Dragon X3, Troop Dragon X3, Emblem of Dragon Destroyer, Trap Hole, Ultimate Offering, Michizure, Dragon's Bead, Ring of Destruction

Out: Coffin Seller, Dark Blade, Pitch-Dark Dragon, Dark Hole, Chaos Sorceror, Robbin' Goblin, Robbin' Zombie, Black Pendant, Fruits of Kozaky's Studies, Precious Cards from Beyond, Element Dragon X2, Nobleman of Crossout X1, Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, Blue-Eyes White Dragon X2, Polymerization X1, The Flute of Summoning Dragon X2, Stray Lambs, Shrink X1, Rush Recklessly, Soul Ressurection X2, Dragon's Rage, Koumori Dragon, Sakuretsu Armor X2, Swords of Revealing Light, Hammer Shot, Cave Dragon X3, Luster Dragon #2, Luster Dragon X1, Mirage Dragon

I realise this deck has alot of problems. I really would like some help with it from anyone here who knows how to do so before I actually start duelling with it. I need to know what really isn't that useful.

Cheers, Frunk.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks good and solid. that ordeal of a traveler should be very useful. it seems like a nooby card to use, but it can really help stop an opponent.

you should probably have extra Dark Magicians and Buster Bladers, and also even another Dark Paladin. it increases your chances to get him out and do some damage.

also, i see youve got a Dark Hole and a Chaos Sorcerer in there. do you play advanced format??

[align=center]I'm not a expert but thats a good deck but i agree with Horus about the more DMs and BBs...

I used to play something along thwe line of that deck but i lost the whole deck in a duel...

But in my opinion scrap the dark hole and put in a dark dust spirit...

it is basically a re-usable dark hole...

It may be a level 6 and so u hav to tribute but add some call of the mummies and it can get out automatically at the start of your turns...

Then after you special summon it you can normal summon another monster so that when he returns to your hand at the end phase youve still got a monster left to fortify your lifepoints...

But thats just my opinion![/align]

Okay, first, since you have 3 BEWDs, you need 3 Kaibamen. Next, Dark Hole is banned, and equips really don't help you that much. Nix the Stray Lambs for Scapegoat. You can UltiOff two BEWDs in one turn. Nail the Buster Blader and Dark Magician because they don't do much in this deck. Get a Mausoleum of the Emperor or two because you're running so many tribute monsters. Metamorph two BEWDs into CTDs, and sub the Fissure for a Smashing Ground. Fruits of Kozaky's studies doesn't help much because you're running so many cards in the deck. With all the damage you're inflicting already, you don't need the coffin seller either. The robbin's are good for hand and deck control, but in this deck, you want to strike hard and fast. You really don't have the time to top-deck one of those or draw it when a BEWD would secure victory. Take out a Stamping Destruction because three is kinda overkill... Pitch-Darkblade combo will rarely work whatwith all your cards, that isn't needed. so

-1 Dark Hole

-1 Black Pendant

-1 Stray Lambs

-1 Buster Blader

-1 Dark Magician

-1 Fissure

-1 Fruits of Kozaky's Studies

-1 Coffin Seller

-1 Robbin' Goblin

-1 Robbin' Zombie

-1 Stamping Destruction

-1 Pitch-Dark Dragon

-1 Dark Blade

+3 Kaibaman

+1 Scapegoat

+2 Mausoleum of the Emperor

+2 Metamorphosis

+2 Cyber Twin Dragon

+1 Smashing Ground

Before: [50]

M: 20

S: 17

T: 13

After -: [37]

M: 16

S: 12

T: 9

After +: [46]

M: 19

S: 18

T: 9

There are a lot of things you need to add to this deck to get it competitive, but hopefully this'll be a start.

looks good and solid. that ordeal of a traveler should be very useful. it seems like a nooby card to use' date=' but it can really help stop an opponent.

you should probably have extra Dark Magicians and Buster Bladers, and also even another Dark Paladin. it increases your chances to get him out and do some damage.

also, i see youve got a Dark Hole and a Chaos Sorcerer in there. do you play advanced format??

[/quote']

[align=center]I'm not a expert but thats a good deck but i agree with Horus about the more DMs and BBs...

I used to play something along thwe line of that deck but i lost the whole deck in a duel...

It may be a level 6 and so u hav to tribute but add some call of the mummies and it can get out automatically at the start of your turns...

Then after you special summon it you can normal summon another monster so that when he returns to your hand at the end phase youve still got a monster left to fortify your lifepoints...

Very good deck I have seen great decks but none like that.

Somthing wicked this way comes.

Be warned

No offense meant. But as you can all tell, I am critical.

First: I see you're sucking up to Frunk. I'd rate the deck 2/10 at best in Traditional.

Second: There's only 3 good traditional decks - Yata Lock, Chaos and Magical Scientist FTK. This unfortunately is not one of them.

Third: The idea alone is not brilliant, and I cannot give fixes for it, as you'd have to make a whole new deck.

Finally: The spell/trap lineup is horribad. Try to play with staples in Traditional - Graceful Charity, Raigeki, Dark Hole, Pot of Greed, Monster Reborn, Mirror Force, Ring of Destruction and other good cards.

Your friend, not foe,

-Ash/

A strategy to play for all you Blue-eyes fans is...

-Do future fusion

-Summon Blue Eyes Ultimate in two turns

-Play Swords of revealing light and set cards to protect future fusion

-Then, when its summoned. Defuse them.

-Either kill your opponent there or play Delta Attacker if hes barricading his field.

-That should spell game.

-With this you can give a 9000 ATK or 18000ATK.

A strategy to play for all you Blue-eyes fans is...

-Do future fusion

-Summon Blue Eyes Ultimate in two turns

-Play Swords of revealing light and set cards to protect future fusion

-Then' date=' when its summoned. Defuse them.

-Either kill your opponent there or play Delta Attacker if hes barricading his field.

-That should spell game.

-With this you can give a 9000 ATK or 18000ATK.

[/quote']

Or:

-Future 5 Dragons for FHD

-Dragons Mirror for summon

-Dimension Fusion

-Attack ftw.

Dark Dust is a Spirit and therefore cannot be Special Summoned. Your idea falls flat.

Take out the Trad cards and make an Advanced Deck' date=' where this at least has an outside chance to do something significant.

Also, you're all over the shop, Frunk. What kind of deck is this? Dark Paladin? Blue-Eyes Ultimate? Five-Headed Dragon? Here are my fixes:

Fusion Deck

Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon

Dark Paladin

Monsters

Paladin of White Dragon

Pitch-Dark Dragon

Blue-Eyes White Dragon X3

Dark Magician

Luster Dragon #2

Luster Dragon X2

Dark Blade

The Dragon Dwelling in the Cave

Buster Blader

Kaiser Glider

Chaos Sorcerer

Mirage Dragon

Element Dragon

Masked Dragon X3

Lord of D.

Spell Cards

Dark Hole

Fissure

Hammer Shot

Polymerization X2

Stamping Destruction X3

Stray Lambs

Swords of Revealing Light

The Flute of Summoning Dragon X2

Precious Cards from Beyond

Black Pendant

Mystical Space Typhoon

Rush Recklessly

White Dragon Ritual

Trap Cards

Fruits of Kozaky's Studies

Magic Cylinder

Sakuretsu Armor X2

Call of the Haunted

Coffin Seller

Dragon's Rage

Ordeal of a Traveler

Robbin' Goblin

Robbin' Zombie

Soul Resurrection X2

Magic Drain

Quote for ease of reading.

Now, first the cuts.

1. Dark Hole + Chaos Sorceror: I'm remodelling this deck as Advanced for purposes of this fix.

2. Flute of Summoning Dragon + Lord of D.: Flute is way too situational, especially with only 1 Lord of D. Lord ain't that good anyway.

3. Luster Dragon #2, Dark Magician, Buster Blader, Dark Blade, and Pitch-Dark Dragon, Paladin of White Dragon, and White Dragon Ritual: All take up unnecessary room. With those gone, Dark Paladin's now redundant. He can go.

4. Fruits of Kozaky's Studies + Precious Cards from Beyond + Black Pendant + Element Dragon: What are these DOING here? Cut.

5. Dragon Dwelling in the Cave will be cut. There's gotta be something better than that. Dragon's Rage is also just not going to work here.

6. Soul Ressurection + Robbin' Zombie + Robbin' Goblin: Too slow. WAY too slow. Souls' only targets are BEWD and with what I'm putting in, you won't want him out the grave.

7. Stray Lambs, not good at 1. I'd say use Goats but I'm on the fence. I'll keep this in for time being.

8. Fissure + Hammer Shot = Outdated. There's better things that do their job for them.

9. Stamping's overkill at 3. Ordeals' nice and all but I'm sure there's something better for this deck.

10. Stuff I'm unsure about

* Kaiser Glider

* Stray Lambs

* Rush Recklessly... actually, I'll take that out. Shrink = better.

Ok! Let's have a look at the deck NOW:

Fusion Deck

Monsters

Luster Dragon X2

Kaiser Glider

Mirage Dragon

Masked Dragon X3

Spell Cards

Stamping Destruction X2

Polymerization X2

Mystical Space Typhoon

Trap Cards

Magic Cylinder

Sakuretsu Armor X2

Call of the Haunted

Magic Drain

Ok, time to chuck stuff in!

As many as you have: Five-God Dragon, Dragon Master Knight, King Dragun (I'll explain later).

Monsters:

3 x Troop Dragon: You can use Nimble Momonga here, but if you want to fill the grave full of Dragons fast, this'll help, at least.

1-3 x Card Trooper: Ok, I really don't like him, but the plan is to dump Dragons, so this'll work.

1-3 x Magical Merchant: As above, and it also digs you Dragons' Mirror. No reason not to.

3 x King of the Swamp: Fusion substitution, digs Poly for use in BEUD.

1-3 x The Light-Hex Sealed Fusion: This works. It can really help. Also, if you want to try Cyber Dragons, that too.

(In fact, you may not want to take out Lord of D. for use in King Dragun. But still.)

1 x Twin-Headed Behemoth.

+1 Mirage Dragon.

3 x Cyber Dragon.

3 x Dragon's Mirror: Yeah. 'Nuff said.

1 x Future Fusion: This is a matter of preference, really.

1 x Nobleman of Crossout

1 x Confiscation

2 x Enemy Controller

1 x Heavy Storm

1-3 x Smashing Ground: As many as you can get. Playtest for how many you want to use.

Traps:

1 x Ring of Destruction

1 x Mirror Force (*cough*)

A few more Magic Drains/Solemn Judgments would work.

3 x Trap Dustshoot: Not necessary but very annoying for the opponent.

Now, the deck:

Fusion Deck

Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon x 3

Dragon Master Knight x 3

Five-Headed Dragon x 3

Monsters: 24

Cyber Dragon x 3

King of the Swamp x 3

Luster Dragon X 2

The Light Hex-Sealed Fusion x 2

Magical Merchant x 2

Mirage Dragon x 2

Masked Dragon X3

Troop Dragon x 3

Twin-Headed Behemoth x 1

Card Trooper x 2

Spell Cards: 18

Stamping Destruction X2

Polymerization X2

Mystical Space Typhoon

Heavy Storm

Enemy Controller x 2

Nobleman of Crossout

Confiscation

Dragon's Mirror x 3

Smashing Ground x 2

Future Fusion

Premature Burial

Trap Cards: 9

Magic Cylinder

Sakuretsu Armor X2

Mirror Force

Ring of Destruction

Torrential Tribute

Threatening Roar x 3

Now, of course, this is a very rough guide, and it's only my opinion. Take it, manipulate it, ignore it. Whatever you want. Your deck.

Wow! That's alot to take in. Thanks for the replies so far, I'll try to take it on board.

I'll point out that this deck will mainly be for dueling my friends, and is nowhere near tournament quality. At my school, traditional only, which means only normal restrictions apply. Extra Buster Bladers and Dark Magicians, not to mention Dark Paladin, will be hard to obtain but I will do my best.

Welcome to the site Jace, thanks for the compliment, I'm not quite sure what you meant by 'wicked things will come' though...?

Stray Lambs is only in my deck because it can be tributed to easily summon a 7+ star monster, unlike Scapegoat, which cannot be tributed. BB and DM are the tribute material for Dark Paladin, which is the 'boss' of this deck, since apparently I can't be the boss of the deck I payed for and own. Coffin Seller will be removed, I was thinking that due to Dragon's Roar. On the subject on Pitch-Dark Dragon, I realise it is relatively useless, however, this card can be easily destroyed, just like Masked Dragon, which just creates more and more Dragons that are easily movable to the Graveyard, therfore pumping up Dark Paladin.

Sartorius, I realise that this deck isn't very good at the moment, but 2/10 just makes your post sound even less constructive for me.

I'm currently trying to get a Future Fusion, one of the other duelists at my school says he can get me one, but I'm also all over eBay.

Last Updated: 29 June 2007

Hello YCM Members' date='

I've redone my deck, it now contains alot of old cards that used to be in my deck, but aren't anymore. My deck has previously received critasism due to the fact it doesn't revolve around one particular theme, well, I've done my best and I think I've done it. I present you my newest version of my main deck, still with alot of cards from prior to this edit. This deck is pretty large consisting of 51 cards and a 2 card Fusion Deck.

I'd really like some help with making my deck the best it possibly can be, so I value any constructive critasism you have, and will do my best to implement any changes. Feel free to ask about any of the cards in my deck should you not know what they are.

[b']Fusion Deck[/b]

Dark Paladin

Monsters

Ritual and other monsters

Ritual

Paladin of White Dragon

Union

Pitch-Dark Dragon

Normal Monsters

Dark Magician

Luster Dragon #2

Luster Dragon X2

Dark Blade

Effect Monsters

Buster Blader

Kaiser Glider

Chaos Sorcerer

Mirage Dragon

Element Dragon

Masked Dragon X3

Lord of D.

Spell Cards

Normal

Dark Hole

Fissure

Hammer Shot

Polymerization X2

Stamping Destruction X3

Stray Lambs

The Flute of Summoning Dragon X2

Continuous

Equip

Black Pendant

Quick-Play

Mystical Space Typhoon

Rush Recklessly

Ritual

White Dragon Ritual

Trap Cards

Normal

Magic Cylinder

Sakuretsu Armor X2

Continuous

Call of the Haunted

Dragon's Rage

Ordeal of a Traveler

Robbin' Goblin

Robbin' Zombie

Soul Resurrection X2

Counter

Magic Drain

In:

Out: Coffin Seller

I realise this deck has alot of problems, like the problem of to many Continuous Spell and Traps, and not many monsters. I really would like some help with it from anyone here who knows how to do so before I actually start duelling with it. I need to know what really isn't that useful, and also would like to know the names of some useful/powerful non-trubute dragons.

Cheers, Frunk.

ok here are my improvments frunk

Fusion Deck

Dark Paladin

dark blaade the dragon knight

five god dragon

Monsters

Ritual and other monsters

Ritual

Paladin of White Dragon

Union

Pitch-Dark Dragon

Normal Monsters

Dark Magician

Luster Dragon #2

Luster Dragon X2

Dark Blade x2

Effect Monsters

Buster Blader

Kaiser Glider

Chaos Sorcerer

Mirage Dragon

Element Dragon

Masked Dragon X3

Lord of D.

Spell Cards

Normal

Future fusion

Fissure

Hammer Shot

Polymerization X2

Stamping Destruction X3

Stray Lambs

The Flute of Summoning Dragon

Continuous

Equip

Black Pendant

Quick-Play

Mystical Space Typhoon

Rush Recklessly

Ritual

White Dragon Ritual

Trap Cards

Normal

Magic Cylinder

Sakuretsu Armor X2

mirror force

Continuous

Call of the Haunted

Dragon's Rage

Ordeal of a Traveler

Robbin' Goblin

Robbin' Zombie

Soul Resurrection X2

i can see you like dragon cards. I myself like the remove from play monsters and Crystal Beast Cards.

DON'T SPAM.

Anyways >_<...

"Something wicked this way comes"

It originated from Macbeth by William Shakespeare. It was spoken by the Second Witch in Act 4' date=' Scene 1.

And also it is the tagline of and a lyric in a song sung in the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban film.

[/quote']

I couldn't understand any of that :?

Anyway, I've got a great combo for this deck.

First, you need to have BEUD out. Attack with BEUD and activate De-Fusion (a quick-play card). Now you have 3 BEWD on your side of the field and you're free to attack with all of them. With this combo, you can give your opponent 13,500 damage if you manage to attack directly.

Well, Loopykitten has one point, you can plug more 1900 4-stars in your Deck. And then you could remove a Spell if you want. Or a high level monster.

So maybe +1 Luster Dragon and then plug out the Robbin' Goblin. Or that Luster Dragon #2. You could, as everyone says, just make your Deck Advanced and delete the Forbidden one's. And.... don't forget the old good Draining Shields!

And why Black Pendant while you have Axe of Despairs?! I say, get 1 or 2 and replace Black Pendant.

Fissure - good....

Hammershot - good....

Stamping Destruction - good....

Stray Lambs!? I agree with darkguy00000: take the Scapegoat!

Swords of Revealing Light - good....

The Flutes - good...

Precious Cards from Beyond - I'll should cut that one

Black Pendant - I told ye about it

Mystical Space Typhoon - good....

Rush Recklessly - yeah, but Shrink is better (darkguy00000)

White Dragon Ritual - good...

And the traps:

Fruits of Kozaky's Studies - where did ye get that one!?!?! Cut! Take a Big Eye!

Magic Cylinder - good, but think about the Draining Shields

Sakuretsu Armor - good...

Call of the Haunted - good...

Dragon's Rage - good...

Ordeal of a Traveler - good...

Robbin' Goblin and Robbin' Zombie - I REALLY should cut those 2.

Soul Resurrection - good....

Magic Drain - VERY good.... I should have 2 or 3 of those.

That's what I say.

I've said it too many times, Stray Lambs is in there because they can be tributed! Scapegoat clearly states in the effect that they cannot be.

I'm currently using Black Pendent to warm the spot for Axe of Despair that I'm going to be trading for when I get back to school.

I also just got Shrink yesteday, I edited it in already.

Thanks for the suggestions OldMaster. :wink:

Oh sorry... I didn't read everything....

What you can do, is to put in some Cave Dragons. And I don't recommend you to use Pitch-Black and Dark Blade.... just why?

You have a Fusion of them.... RATS lost the name.... but I don't reccommend you it..

Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon - must have

Dark Paladin - Should have 2.

Paladin of White Dragon - Or you have 3 of these guys, or none.

Pitch-Dark Dragon - I should cut it.

Blue-Eyes White Dragon X3 - must have

Dark Magician - more of them

Luster Dragon #2 - Could be...

Luster Dragon X2 - Yup. Add a third one maybe.

Dark Blade - Told ye about it.

The Dragon Dwelling in the Cave - good... you could also add a few of these..

Buster Blader - more of them

Kaiser Glider - good...

Chaos Sorcerer - hmmmm..... good one

Mirage Dragon - good...

Element Dragon - I don't know, you can just put in another Luster Dragon and cut this one..

Masked Dragon X3 - Your tDDitC? yup.

Lord of D. - hmmmm.... he IS a bit weak.... but...

So I should add a Cave Dragon.. I know it can be hard to get it in play.... but I should try.

Also, maybe you will have place enough for the Armed Dragons serie....

I don't know much of Dragons, but this is what i could make of it...

Archived