Yu-Gi-Oh: New Dream planning

0PxPz0

interest poll  

1. 1. Are you interested in this story/concept?

• Yes
    • No

the current working title i have is "Yu-gi-oh: New Dream" the concept is that years after GX (sort of replacing 5D's, sort of not, maybe an alternate time line?) the current head of industrial illusions (Pegasus' elusive successor) has put 100 invitations to a special tournament inside random booster packs containing themed cards relating to what the tournament is about in order to allow duelists, whether or not they find an invitation card, to "follow the breadcrumbs" and find out what this tournament is about (kind of a subplot for the beginning so i'll stop talking about this tangent). anyway after the 100 competitors have been assembled (including the main character who's name is still a work in progress) a press conference would be held officially announcing both the tournament its self as well as a new type of card that the participants will be using known as "dream cards". The tournament is a  battle royal taking place in a virtual reality duel monsters MMO beta with two stages, the players must first travel the virtual world looking for enough of these these strange "dream cards" to make a deck (of course normal decks will be brought in until they have a new one made) then engage in combat to determine who's hopes and dreams are strongest and who will be the victor of the tournament. of course your wondering what dream cards are probably, essentially they are blank cards that (due to the cerebral link the contestants have to the game as well as their dueling profile) adjust to become the ideal cards for whoever finds them (of course this only happens the first time they are found). so the race is on for our (currently nameless) protagonist and his 99 potential allies and opponents to find their dreams and win the ultimate prize (a physical copy of their "dream deck" before dream cards go public as well as a few other perks and privileges) but is this all in innocent fun or is there something sinister afoot? a mysterious 101st duelist has made their way into the game and is steadily making alliances with the more well known participants and eliminating or assimilating the others with their dream decks mysterious "BLOOD" archetype! can (unfortunately still unnamed main character) not only win the game but discover the identity of this intruder as well as his or her intentions?

so what do i need from you guys? firstly i want to know if anyone is interesting in reading this story, second i don't have all the details down (mostly names, smaller events such as one off villain duels, and different cards to use in the dream decks of the other 99 characters in the game), and thirdly i want this to be more than me just writing a story, i want interaction with readers, whether it's suggestions for characters, theories about what's truly happening (i do have it decided but i might put some red herrings in there just for fun based one peoples thoughts) or requests for a minor character to use a certain archetype (usually a challenger would be introduced in one chapter with the duel in the next to give the audience a feel for who they are and what their strategy might be), i want this to be an experience from both ends not just me telling a story and others reading it so please . . .

share characters, names, cards, and even plot ideas so we can work together to make this

Prologue/Chapter 0 - Forever Forward (title and chapter still a work in progress)
The crowd filling the stadium cheers as one of the duelists is hit with a devastating attack followed by the voice of the announcer “oh and it looks like the young newcomer Reve Yurik has taken a big hit from reigning champion Colette Sokuro leaving him with just twelve hundred life points, exactly enough for her famous ending move!” on the field the two duelists stand, one waiting to finish off her opponent, the other looking for any weakness to exploit on the champions field. “I suppose you should make your last move before I totally wipe the floor with you!” Colette gleefully announced as she ended her turn. The huge monitor announced the state of the duel as it progressed in a calm robotic voice “Colette Sokuro 7600, Reve Yurik 1200.” “Geez, she’s so nice for such an aggressive deck.” Reve thought to himself as he drew what he knew would be, no matter what came next, the final card of the game “alright then! My move, first the level of my fortune lady light increases to two, giving her a total of four hundred attack and defense points.” as he said this the screen displayed his card and read it’s stats while it’s attack, defense, and level rose “Furtune Lady Light, Light, Spellcaster, Level 1, ATK 400, DEF 400, effect; This card's ATK and DEF are equal to its Level x 200. During each of your Standby Phases, increase the Level of this card by 1 (max 12). When this card is removed from the field by a card effect, you can Special Summon 1 "Fortune Lady" monster from your Deck.” “Next I summon fortune fady dark!” He said, as Reve placed his card on his duel disk a holographic image was projected onto the field but before the monitor could announce its presence it changed, first folding up into a black sphere, then collapsing in on itself, creating what looked like a black hole “What? Where’s my fortune lady?” Reve looked at his duel disk to see if there was something wrong “did I put the wrong card down? Is it some kind of bug?” “Aww, guess she’s too cool to hang out with a little perv like you.” Colette said playfully as she stuck her tongue out at Reve.” “come on! What’s happening?” Reve panicked as he saw the fortune lady dark he had just placed on his duel disk transform into a card with complete gibberish written for its name and effect with no level, attribute, or type and a solid white square in place of the image. The monitor displayed a question mark in place of the card as it said “unregistered monster card detected, player terminated, winner by constellation, Colette Sokuro.” Reve looked around him as the world literally fell apart, he began falling into an endless void as he uttered what he thought we’re his final words “What the hell!”
  Reve sat upright, taking a sudden breathe as he woke up “well then, looks like I’m gonna have some bad luck today, just more of a reason to try harder I guess” Reve grinned and grabbed his deck and duel disk, placing them in his bag, then rushed down the stairs to eat before heading out for school.

(as a side note it may sound like i'm asking you to write the story for me but i'm not, i just want this to be as inclusive with the audience as possible, most likely not all idea's will be used and i will not just change something out of the blue or have a character suddenly act differently because someone asked me to)

Archived