D.D. Support

darewhip1

I'm a fan of the D.D. archetype, I've always liked its card interactions with the board and use of the banished/removed from play area of the game board, but the deck isn't very meta.... at all. So I sat down and tried to think how could the deck be made better (more consistent, faster, etc.) without adding generic support cards into the deck and trying to be somewhat creative. These are what I came up with, I don't believe they're too ground-breaking but rather enough that if they were ever real they'd make the deck slightly more competitive. If you notice any grammar/punctuation problems within the cards please let me know so that I can fix them.

fjwY5XB.jpg

If this face-up card on the field would be sent to the graveyard, banish it instead. During your second standby-phase after this card was banished by its own effect, return this card to the field in face-up attack position.

1Azl2Uz.jpg

While this card is face-up on your side of the field, whenever a banished monsters returns to your field you can add 1 "D.D." card from your deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of D.D. Portal once per turn.

7PPxICH.jpg

You can special summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 1 face-up "D.D." monster you control. Any monster destroyed by battle with this card is banished.

YBzQDQ0.jpg

Once per turn: you can target 1 spell/trap your opponent controls and 1 "D.D." monster you control, banish both targets.

If you believe I should Nerf/Buff some of these cards, or if you have any ideas or thoughts on card ideas for D.D. support please let me know!

(I own none of the pictures in these cards, I found all these images on Google.)

By the by this belongs in the Casual Multiple sections am I correct? Anyways I personally believe these cards wouldn't help due to them being too slow. If you have seen the new cards, these would just end up in the pile of cards that don't see play and the fact that these wouldn't help D.D.s at all. Avian Soldier means you have to wait for it to come back two turns later after it is banished by its own effect, but it doesn't help synergize the deck very well except from comboing it with D.D. Portal, which will allow you 1 free D.D. card from your deck. Leviathan has to destroy monsters to banish them and thats it, no other useful effect other than its Special Summoning effect. I suppose only Chimera will see play since it can eliminate any unwanted Spell or Trap Cards with a banish of one of your own D.D. monster. But I believe these cards need a buff badly but not so that these cards are the only cards that will hold the deck. That is all, by the way I would like to see what you will do to these cards.

Yeah, Avian Soldier definitely needs a buff. Make it next standby phase, and make it a level 4 for some rk 4 capabilities. And I feel like D.D. Chimera should do more, like search or banish from deck on summon, or revival/special summon from deck on destruction. Something like that.

Leviathan could do with around 200 more atk.

Archived