[Written] 2 Semi-Unrelated Continuous Spells meant to encourage metagaming (But not in the tier/etc sense)

Airride

Fighting for a Brighter Tomorrow

Continuous Spell

When this card is activated: Each player reveals 1 card from their deck and banishes it face-down. Then, you may reveal 1 card from your deck and banish it face-down, then your opponent may do the same. This continues until a player chooses not to reveal a card, then, if it was the opponent, that player banishes the top card of their deck face-down. When this card is removed from the field: Shuffle all Face-Down banished cards into their owner's decks. Each player can look at face-down banished cards they own. During each Standby Phase: Each Player can select and activate 1 of the following effects:

- Add 1 of Face-Down banished card that you own to your hand during the End Phase of this turn. You opponent may turn 1 face-down banished card that they own face-up to negate this effect.

- You may Normal Summon/Set an additional time this turn (If it is not your turn, you may do this at any time as a Chain Link 1 action). If you do, Shuffle 2 Face-Down banished cards you own into the deck, then Banish the top card of your deck Face-Down. If you cannot, banish the top 5 cards of your deck face-down.

- Reveal 1 Card from your deck, and Banish it Face-Down.

Heading for a Fated Doom

Continuous Spell

During each player's Standby Phase: The turn player can select and activates 1 of the following effects.

- Destroy all card on the field. Skip this turn's Battle Phase.

- Banish 1 card on each side of the field. Battle Damage inflicted this turn is halved.

- Negate the effects of monsters on the field until the end of this turn.

...They seem way more like MtG cards, but I do what I do because I can.

... Good lord, I'd never use either of these and I'd MST/Dark Bribe the moment someone tried to. Banishment is anathema to me and most of my decks, and unless I'm in a bad spot, I'm never going to want to use the effects on "Fated Doom".

That said, I'm not sure about the quality of these. I'm a little too biased, I think, to provide the best feedback.

*shudder* Banishing all my cards? No thank you...

What exactly is the goal of them. The first one seems like a game of chicken. Whoever has less cards in their deck will lose the trade because they wont have anything to banish. So if the other player has 2 more cards in their deck than them, they just pass turn and win. I guess im not familiar with the term metagaming, outside of the context of tiers.

Note that Future can, in essence, act as a faster but vunerable Gold Sarcophagus, without the abusability of banishing anything from your deck, since it has them face down. It also doesn't force the opponent to banish any more than 2 cards (1 of which is their own choice), and your own banishing is limited by how much the opponent wants to. They can use those 2 cards to counter the adding effect, or they can shuffle them back to get a free summon and add the last card next turn. I intended for it to be optional to activate an effect, so the opponent doesn't have to use it if they don't want. Or they can use it at the cost of using their deck to fuel the acceleration given; it's a risk/reward system that encourages thought, which is the whole metagaming aspect.

Doom is rather tame all things considered, since the opponent can just banish it with the 2nd effect at the cost of a single one of their cards - or they can play risky and negate their effects to stop your monsters from using theirs, or they can destroy the field of they desire, but they can't kill you that turn. Again, metagaming. What will help them, and will it help you more? Can they let it stay without consequence? Its their choice to make.

Archived