Ed, Edd n' Eddy

Johan Liebert

This show was my childhood. I've been going through the entire series and re-watching all of it, only to find that some of the bigger themes went over my head when I was younger. I really want to discuss Ed, Edd n' Eddy and reflect on what it meant to others when they watched it. I dare say I love it even more than before; it's actually fairly complex. So...discuss away! :3 I'll bring in more of my thoughts once this topic takes off.

HOW THE f*** HAVE WE NOT GOTTEN A TOPIC FOR THIS SHOW YET!?!?!

This show is incredible. Hell, even going back and watching it today, it's still amazing.

I know! It's ridiculous! It truly is an incredible series that I enjoy more, now that I'm older and understand all of the underlying themes. The only episodes I really hate are the ones about Kevin finding out Eddy's middle name and the one about Eddy's zit.

• 2 weeks later...

This was probably my favorite Cartoon Network show alongside Teen Titans. Characters are quirky and endearing, plus it still holds up even when I rewatch it nowadays. Timeless comedy's a gift.

I've also been re-watching Teen Titans. I'd probably agree with your opinion; Teen Titans and Ed, Edd, n' Eddy are probably my top two Cartoon Network shows. Young Justice (I've only seen season one) was also really good. Billy and Mandy plus Kids Next Door are really nostalgic ones for me though. Anyway, I'm sad to say that I'm on the last episode of the last season (when Edd becomes the school bully), with only the three holiday specials and that alien block special remaining after this episode. Oh. And that movie; I cried when I first watched it; it's the same with how I felt concerning the ending of Toy Story 3 and the final Harry Potter film; it was the poignant end to such large chapters of my childhood. After if I finish re-watching Ed, Edd n' Eddy, I'll have to attempt a "top ten favorite episodes" list; that's gonna a chore. XD

Watched it again, and I have to say, it wasn't as funny as I remember.

I felt the same way (kinda), but upon my re-watch, I gained even more appreciation for Ed, Edd n' Eddy because I could catch and understand all of the adult themes and see that the Ed's get treated like crap by everyone besides Rolf and maybe Johnny. Despite that it pissed me off, it allowed me to feel more of an emotional bond towards the show because I can actually relate to their suffering oh so well.

Archived