Yu-Gi-Oh: Who makes the cards?

Arctic55

So, I was watching Yugioh Arc-V, and this train of thought hit me when they basically said, "Yuya just appeared with Pendulum summoning" or "the system doesn't say their is an error so it's ok"

how does that happen?  Who makes the cards then? How does the duel disk know how to materialize the cards if they just appeared?

And, if Yuya can just randomly appear with these cards, has he never used them before?  What was he using before the big championship?  If he has used these cards before, why wasn't LDS flagged a long time ago?

Ok, so if there are all these rare cards, and people take great pride in them, and let's assume people can pull random decks out of their butt that work with the system.  Then why can't the big LDS company just mass produce every rare card for their players?  Why can't they just invent their own card type?  I mean, if I lived there, I would just go home, print out my new OP card type call, "I win instantly" and bam, it works?

Idk if my point is making it across, but does anyone know where the Yugioh cards come from in the Yugioh universe?  I know originally they were made by Pegasus in the first series, but after GX, 5Ds, Zexal, and now Arc-V, Pegasus ain't gonna cut it for me.

In Arc V, it's said pretty explicitly in the first few episodes that the Leo Corporation makes cards. This is made a lot more apparent as a big part of Season 1 is Reiji designing Pendulum cards.

The nature of the Pendulum cards already existing in the system hasn't been explained; and the duel was allowed to continue and Yuya not being disqualified for chetting because Reiji was curious as to what tf these cards were.

Actually... now that I think about it... have you watched Arc V at all? Your third line of questions are all asked by watching the first dang episode; and it sounds like you haven't even watched that.

Second last paragraph: Because that would be stupid. I assume already that LDS students get access to some pretty kickin' cards; but the point of dueling is for a friendly competition and for selling a product. By making your students the only students able to actually compete probably, you're alienating ~99% of the market and probably throwing your business down the toilet. It would be completely stupid for LDS to start making those cards.

As for the last question: WATCH THE SHOWS. Pegasus appears in GX and 5D's is a part of the same continuity where both Kaiba Corporation and Industrial Illusions are referenced; companies that make cards. Zexal it's never really explained, but it's not needed to be explained; it's easy to assume that there's a company that makes the cards. Zexal is also a spin-off and not in the same continuity as Duel Monsters, GX, or 5D's; so Pegasus doesn't even exist in the show ever.

Seriously though, watch the shows before you ask questions like these.

I stayed up really late and watch until episode 46 of Arc-V last night... so that was my tired thinking.  lol

The nature of the Pendulum cards already existing in the system hasn't been explained; and the duel was allowed to continue and Yuya not being disqualified for chetting because Reiji was curious as to what tf these cards were.

I think that was my main question, and the rest were spinoffs.  So, basically, Pendulum just appeared and work because... logic.

But that begs the question, why can people just appear with these random decks that work with all duel disks?  I mean, That guys from the Xyz dimension had those OP xyz cards.  Now, you might say "they have duel disks from their dimension, so that's the one that their card works with" cause they might have modified their duel disks.  But why then can Yuya use it also?  It could never have been put in the system by standard users cause they've never seen it, and if someone had, LDS would have seen it since they work with the duel disk technology all the time right?

Even from the first series, with the seal of orichalcos, people have just appeared and used never before seen cards.  So, who makes these unseen cards and why do they work in the system?  I think that was what I was trying to get at.  I get that the big companies make the cards, but that doesn't explain the ones the companies don't know about.

Archived