[written] New Gemini Support

rednascarcars

I have nostalgia for the Gemini monsters since the first Structure Deck I got was Warrior's Strike (along with Zombie World but zombies have gotten good support since then), so I made some Gemini support cards. There are 8 cards so far and I plan to make more in the future. I made the support cards to a decent power boost enough to be at least semi-playable competitively, imo. Well, here they are:

[spoiler=Monster][spoiler=Unearthed Butterfly]EARTH | Winged Beast/Gemini/Effect | L4 | ATK/DEF: 1700/600

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.

● You can send 1 face-up Spell/Trap Card you control to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Gemini monster from your Deck, except "Unearthed Butterfly". The Special Summoned Gemini monster is treated as an Effect Monster, and gains its effect. You can only use this effect once while it is face-up on the field.

[spoiler=Aqua Valkyria]WATER | Fairy/Gemini/Effect | L4 | ATK/DEF: 1850/1100

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.

● Once, while this card is face-up on the field: You can place 1 Spell Counter on it. This card gains 300 ATK for each Spell Counter on it. You can remove 1 Spell Counter from this card, then target 1 Gemini monster or 1 "Gemini" monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand, also, this turn you can Normal Summon 1 Gemini monster you control or in your hand, or 1 "Gemini" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

[spoiler=Gemini Berserker]WIND | Beast-Warrior/Effect | L4 | ATK/DEF: 1400/1900

If this card is Summoned: You can activate one of the following effects.

● Special Summon 1 Gemini monster from your hand and, if you do, that monster is treated as an Effect Monster, and gains its effect, until the end of the next turn.

● Special Summon 1 "Gemini" monster from your hand or Graveyard, except "Gemini Berserker".

Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can tribute 1 Gemini monster you control that is being treated as a Normal Monster; draw cards equal to half of that monster's original Level (rounded down). Then, you can add 1 Equip Spell from your Graveyard to your hand.

[spoiler=Black Brutdrago Awakened]FIRE | Dragon/Synchro/Effect | L8 | ATK/DEF: 3500/3100

1 Tuner + 1 non-Tuner Gemini monster

Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. You can target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; Banish that target and, if you do, you can add 1 "Supervise" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Black Brutdrago Awakened" once per turn. If this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle, or by card effect): You can target 1 Gemini monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. Then, you can send 1 card your opponent controls to the Graveyard. The Special Summoned Gemini monster is treated as an Effect Monster, and gains its effect.

[spoiler=Phoenix Survivor]FIRE | Warrior/Xyz/Effect | R4 | ATK/DEF: 2800/2200

2 or more (max. 5) Level 4 Gemini monsters

If this card is Xyz Summoned: You can return all cards on the field to the hand except Gemini monsters, Rank 4 "Phoenix" Xyz Monsters, or "Black Brutdrago" monsters you control. While this card has Xyz Material, all face-up Gemini Monsters you control are treated as Effect Monsters, and gain their effects. You can target 1 Gemini monster in your Graveyard that was not sent there this turn; Attach that monster to this card as Xyz Material. You can only use this effect once while it is face-up on the field. You can detach 1 or 2 Xyz Materials from this card; apply this effect, depending on the number you detached. 1: Special Summon 1 Gemini monster from your hand. 2: Special Summon 1 Gemini monster from your Deck. You can only use this effect of "Phoenix Survivor" once per turn.

[spoiler=Spell][spoiler=Supervise the Power!]Property: Normal

Target 1 level 4 or lower Gemini monster and 1 "Supervise" Equip Spell card in your Graveyard; Special Summon that monster and, if you do, equip the second target to that monster. You can only use 1 "Supervise the Power!" per turn.

[spoiler=Supervised Awakening]Property: Equip

Banish 1 monster in your Graveyard, then target 1 Gemini monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target and equip this card to it. A monster equipped with this card is treated as an Effect Monster and gains its effects. If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard while equipped to a monster: draw 1 card.

[spoiler=Herculean Supply]Property: Continuous

Level 7 or higher Gemini monsters can be Tribute Summoned with 1 less tribute. During your Main Phase: you can Normal Summon 1 Gemini monster from your hand or 1 Gemini monster you control in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) When resolving a card or effect that targeted this card, you can banish 1 monster from your Graveyard and, if you do, negate that effect. If this card in your possession is destroyed by an opponent's card: You can send 1 Gemini monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; add this card to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Herculean Supply" once per turn. You can only control 1 "Herculean Supply".

I really like what you've done here! You haven't made an Archetype for Geminis, but you've given them support and generics plain Geminis can use. The only worry I have is "Supervise the Power", in combination with the buffs of the second Equip, and the cost it would normally require. Perhaps make "Supervise the Power" pay the cost of the card as well?

The only worry I have is "Supervise the Power", in combination with the buffs of the second Equip, and the cost it would normally require. Perhaps make "Supervise the Power" pay the cost of the card as well?

I'll consider it. Also keep in mind that if these were real cards, these real cards would also be a part of the "Gemini" archetype. [Note: It was from a japanese website so they're translations of the cards with 「デュアル」 ("dyuaru" literally: Dual; a.k.a.: Gemini) in their name.] Thanks for the reply, by the way.

Edit: I just rechecked the japanese site and "Double Summon" and "Gemini Trap Hole" do NOT have 「デュアル」 in their japanese card name. They are NOT a part of the "Gemini" archetype.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived