Gagagigo: The Path of a Reptile

Dova

I decided to try my hand at some creative writing, and for a subject, I chose something simple: A fan's take on one of my favorite stories in Yu-Gi-Oh!. The story of Gagagigo.

Please be sure to tell me what you think!

[spoiler=Chapter 1: Forbidden Past]The Reptile trudged slowly, but determinedly, over the wastelands.

Gagagigo’s fist clenched as he remembered what had been done, remembered who threw him out of their Sanctuary. The Charmers had betrayed him.

Eria had always trusted him. She loved her familiar as a brother, and they shared a close bond beyond that of all the other Charmer’s. Saving each other’s life can do that to people.

Gigobyte had been his name then, a young lizard filled with courage, and eager to help his friends. So eager, in fact, that when he heard that the other Familiars had found a way to help their Charmers fight against the Darkness, he had joined them without a second thought, willing to sacrifice his life to help those who had always been there for him.

He should’ve know what that had meant.

Although they were strong, the Familiars were pushed back by the overwhelming power of the forces of Darkness. Realizing how bad of a situation they were in, these monsters were desperate to find a way out, a way to regain their advantage or at least flee.

They weren’t expecting to actually find one.

Hidden deep within them was an extreme power, beyond anything they had imagined. A way to “Level Up” as it were. The Familiars knew that this power would change their very nature, what made them the monster they were.

But what choice did they have?

Gigobyte was the first to transform, ascending into the powerful Jigabyte. Amazed by his newfound strength, the other familiars followed suit, each of them changing and gaining immense power. They fought the Darkness and pushed it back. Not knowing how long they would be able to keep up their new forms, the Familiars retreated, back to their masters, back to safety.

Their relationship with the Charmers only grew from then on. They understood the pain the Charmers went through when they fought, the power required, the deaths caused. They managed to merge with their Charmers to gain even more strength to fight the Darkness when needed. They weren’t happy, to say the least, due to the aforementioned suffering they now knew, but they were content.

All except one.

The seed of Darkness had been sown inside the heart of Jigabyte, although he had not known. A parting gift from one of the fighters from the other side had managed to infiltrate his now turmoiled heart, and had slowly begun to grow. Jigabyte had begun to get more and more corrupted by the evil within him, and it didn’t take long for the Charmers to discover this, bonded as he was so strongly with Eria. He was exiled from the group, rejected by his previously closest friends, sent away and told never to return. He could not fight, for although he had power, the other Familiars had strength too. He was gone forever, doomed to roam the lands away from his past, stripped of his name, to be forgotten.

Gagagigo’s claws pierced his palms as his mind thought back to all of this. The Darkness inside of him had twister his thoughts, causing hate and anger to sprout up, filling his entire being.

He remembered those he had once trusted.

And he remembered his oath to make them pay.

Archived