Black Falcon [PG-13]

NOTE: While this story is primarily OC, it does take place in the DC universe.

[spoiler=Chapter One]

Chapter One: Black Falcon.

Located in the western United States, the city of San Morano has long been a hotspot for tourists. The city boasts an impressive skyline and booming economy, among other things. However, underneath the skyline and glamour likes a dark side. Gangsters, both mafia and gang members, have terrorized parts of the city for years. While there are multiple areas of the city deemed safe, multiple other areas are infamous and feared. From the notorious Italian-American crime family, the Melona family, to the vicious Venom Boys street gang, sometimes, it feels like no one is safe, and not even the police can stop them, despite the best efforts of Police Commissioner Calvin Ross and the department's Gang and Organized Crime Unit. Even the wealthiest residents feel the pressure, none more so than former United States military engineer turned billionaire Richard Harrison. Richard Harrison, along with his eldest son, Ryan, have a different way to deal with the city's problem in mind…

Located in the industrial area of San Morano is Harrison Labs. Harrison Labs is well known for creating state of the art gear for military, law enforcement, and high profile people. From modifying cars into armored vehicles, to making night vision goggles and cameras, it has propelled Harrison Industries CEO Richard Harrison into the billionaire club. However, hidden from any public eye lies an ongoing, almost finished, secret project that only a few know; Project Falcon.

Inside the massive, black structure that is Harrison Labs, within a room that only the top personnel are allowed in, top scientists from all over the globe; hired by Harrison Industries, work on the top secret Project Falcon. Within the room, a tall, Caucasian, male, in his mid-forties, looks on as his scientists test various equipment. The man has neatly comed black hair and light blue eyes. He wears a white lab coat with a suit and dress pants underneath. This man in Richard Harrison and he is the president and CEO of Harrison Industries. Next to him, a younger Caucasian male, in his mid-twenties, stands, gazing all over the room, focusing particularly on the finished equipment. He has slightly spiky black hair and light blue eyes. He wears a white lab coat and his is closed, concealing the clothes he has underneath. Richard notices that he is looking around the room. "What do you think so far, Ryan?"

"It looks good so far, dad," The younger man responds. "Between this and training, I haven't had much of a social life, though. Heh, guess that's the price I gotta pay for wanting to be a hero."

"Look on the bright side, Ryan, you get to help the city once we finish. We're in the final stages of modifying the suit." Richard tells his son in.

"Guess so," Ryan remarks. "How far are we into it?"

"Well, we're almost done. "Once we finish the hi-tech suit, we can proceed further in training," Richard replies.

"You mean a National Guard General, my former USMC commander, and a police chief who's ex-military isn't enough to train me?" Ryan remarks in a humorous tone with a smirk on his face.

"Well, you have to learn how the gadgets and suit works, after all," Richard replies.

"Guess so."

"In any case, you're free to go now, as I know you have plans with Melanie today."

"Yeah, I'm meeting her and from there, we'll meet the Woodman brothers," Ryan replies. "Thanks, dad."

"Hey, even a big business guy like me knows people need to have some fun," Richard remarks with a smile on his face. "See you later."

Later, in an area close to downtown, Ryan, now without his lab coat, is driving his all black, Mercedes-Benz S class sedan. The Mercedes-Benz logo on the front of the car gleams in the sunlight as Ryan drives it down the busy road as many cars are on the road, and many people are walking on the sidewalk. This section of the city is world famous for its many restaurants. Sitting in the passenger's seat is a young, Caucasian woman, in her mid-twenties. She has long, elbow length, black hair and green eyes. She wears a gray tank top and blue jeans with a holster concealed and attached to the left. She looks outside the window as Ryan drives and Ryan takes note of this.

"Melanie, you remember how much we missed this area when were in the United States Marine Corps?" Ryan remarks. "The best restaurants in town are here. Some of them are super fancy."

"Our families would always try to meet up here when possible. Then, we joined the army, but our parents still kept in touch," Melanie remarks with a smile on her face. "I mean, our fathers have been close friends for years, and my father and uncle even offered to further train you." Melanie's father is Major General John Brooks of the California National Guard and her uncle is the police chief of the nearby small town of Morrisville. Melanie's resides in Morrisville, but visits San Morano often.

"Wish Jeremy and Kevin had the same kind of thing with their parents. Must be hard for them considering their biological father is an alleged hitman for Ronald Dale and their mother is doing prison time for drug charges and second degree murder," Ryan says somberly.

Melanie puts her hand on Ryan's shoulder. "Hey, come on. We have to give them all the support we can. They're our friends and Jeremy was one of our fellow Marines," Melanie says with a smile on her face.

"Guess you're right," Ryan says as he turns onto a side street. "This city looks nice in some areas, but places like Ironwood and Avalon Heights have gone to s***. These damn gangsters are terrorizing everybody, and Project Falcon's goal is for me to provide the city with help. The city needs a hero, Melanie. It needs one badly."

Ryan turns into a public parking lot, next to the restaurant where Melanie and him plan to meet the Woodman brothers. He parks the Mercedes and he and Melanie step out of the car. As they step out of the car…

POP POP POP

Ryan and Melanie are stunned by the sudden sounds.

"What the hell was that?! Sounded like gunfire!" Ryan shouts.

"It came from the restaurant!" Melanie shouts. Then, Melanie reaches into her holster and pulls out her .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol, which is chrome silver and black in color. "Dammit, I was hoping I'd never have to use this thing," Melanie remarks in an annoyed tone. Before Ryan can say anything, more gunfire is heard. This time, it sounds differently.

"That sounded like automatic gunfire!" Ryan shouts.

"Take cover, I'm going to check it out," Melanie warns him. As Ryan takes cover behind his Mercedes-Benz, Melanie approaches the restaurant with her pistol at the ready, she slowly approaches the restaurant, not knowing what to expect. The restaurant itself is red, green, and white in color, with the words "Italian Cuisine" in big, silver, letters, fat above the front door. As she approaches, she notices the restaurant is eerily quiet, and that the restaurant looks to be in shambles, with food on the floor, spilled drinks, and people lying on the ground and hiding under the table. However, before she can enter, two men wearing black ski masks and all black clothing exit the restaurant, and spot Melanie and spot the pistol in her hand. One man carries a black AK-47 assault rifle and his partner carries a black Browning 9mm handgun. The man with the AK-47 turns the rifle on Melanie and opens fire, but she is able to find cover behind a parked car, and returns fire with her handgun, knowing that she's outgunned. "s***, get here soon SMPD," Melanie thinks to herself as her as the bullets fly.

Suddenly, a bullet from the AK-47 barely misses Melanie's arm. Realizing this close call, she ducks behind the car, with her gun ready in case the approach her. However, before Melanie or the gunmen can do anything, sirens are heard and the first police officers arrive on the scene in marked, black and white, Dodge Charger patrol cars. The gunman with the AK-47 turns his attention on the officers and opens fire on the officers. The police officers immediately take cover and return fire with their pistols and the gunman with the AK-47 drops to the floor right in front of his partner. The officers then point their pistols at the second gunman. "Drop it! Drop it now or you're a dead motherf***er!" A police officer shouts. The second gunman hesitates but eventually, drops the gun and it falls to the ground. While one police officer notices Melanie behind the car and goes to check on her, and other officer enters inside with caution, the other two officers approach the second gunman and one proceeds to detain him while the other holds the gunman at gunpoint. The police officer who entered inside looks around with caution, and a look of horror and shock comes over his face as he realizes they are multiple people shot, including someone who appears to be the manager of the restaurant. "Dispatch, we have multiple people shot. Need SMFD out here now."

'10-4, SMFD is on their way," A female voice on the other end says. The police officer notices a young Caucasian man with messy brown hair and dark blue eyes, shot in the leg with blood on his brown pants. Next to him lies a similar looking young man, however, he is not moving. The officer approaches the two young men. "They killed my brother! They killed my brother!" The young man shot in the leg shouts. Outside, as the police officer who approached Melanie makes sure she's okay, Melanie hears the screams of the young man, and a grim look comes on her face, like she recognized the voice. "No…." She says somberly. The police officer with her notices this. "Something wrong?" He asks. "The guy that's screaming, he's a friend named Jeremey Woodman…."Melanie replies." Ryan, who is speaking with a police officer that arrived later, heard what Melanie said and a somber, grim look comes over his face as well. "s***…." He thinks to himself.

The area is now swarming with police and EMTs. As the EMTs treat the injured and load several into different ambulances. A crowd has gathered nearby, and many of them are in shock of the carnage. Ryan and Melanie are with the young man who was screaming, Jeremy Woodman, and all there are sitting on the curb of the sidewalk close to the restaurant. All three of them are in mourning, as Jeremy's brother, Kevin, is among the five people that were killed.

"Can't believe this s***, man…"Jeremy says as he cries over his brother's death, with tears streaming down his cheeks. Ryan and Melanie are also sad, but unbeknownst to Melanie and Jeremy, Ryan's anger is building inside. Then, a tall, intimidating police officer with somewhat curly black hair and dark blue eyes approaches the trio. The officer is Caucasian and in his mid-forties, and wears black shirt with a black leather jacket over it, along with black pants. The trio looks up at him.

"I'm Captain David Lucana and I'm the head of the department's Gang and Organized Crime Unit. Let me start by saying I am deeply sorry for your loss. We'll solve this case. You have my word." Jeremy is too shaken and sad to say anything.

"What's Gang and Organized Crime doing here, if you don't mind me asking?" Melanie asks Captain Lucana.

"Well, we're working with the Homicide Unit as we identified both the deceased gunman and the captured gunman. Both are members of the Venom Boys street gang."

"Why would they randomly do this?! We never did anything to them?!" Ryan angrily asks Captain Lucana, who remains professional.

"We believe it's a retaliation of a raid we did on of their drug houses," Captain Lucana replies. "Don't worry, we'll get them. All those bastards will go down, one way or another. That's a promise."

"Thanks….Captain…" Jeremey says in a quiet and somber tone.

"I lost a friend today…it's the last straw…It's time, dad…" Ryan thinks to himself.

Several days have passed since the massacre at the restaurant and loss of Kevin Woodman. After confirming her story, the department have returns Melanie's pistol to her. Jeremy has been locked in his room at his aunt and uncle's house, only talking to them, Ryan, Melanie, and any police officers that have questions for him. As for Ryan, after convincing his father that he needs to start now, the suit and gadgets have been tested and with further training, he is now ready…

It's evening hours, and Ryan is standing on a rooftop of an old building in Venom Boys territory. He wears a black helmet that alters his voice and conceals his identity, only exposing his eyes over a protective, bullet proof, glass. The top of the helmet is shaped like the head of a falcon. He wears a suit of armor over the rest of his body that is also black and has gadgets attached on where the armor is over his arms, and on his back is a gliding mechanism shaped like the wings of a falcon. The helmet also provides radio contact with his father, a camera that can zoom in and out and send videos to the police if need be, and a police dispatch scanner in it as well. In addition, the helmet provides x-ray view and heat vision view. He's ready to fight crime.

"Can you hear me, Ryan?" Richard says over the radio.

"Loud and clear, dad," Ryan replies. "However, call me Black Falcon. You know, I've idolized Batman since I heard about him, and now it's time to follow in his footsteps for my hometown. Let's do this."

"Remember, the target is the Venom Boys, and their leader, Raquan Jackson. He's known on the street as Mamba, and he's a ruthless gangster suspected of at least seven murders and other murders he ordered. His whole crew is dangerous. Use caution."

"Will do," Ryan replies. Suddenly, Ryan sees what appears to be a drug deal going on. He notices a young, African-American man with black dreads and wearing a gold t-shirt and green pants, giving a bad of white powder to a young, Caucasian male with blond hair. "Gold and Green are Venom Boys colors. I'm going in." Ryan tells his father. Using the gliding mechanism, he jumps off the building and dives down, landing on his feet right behind the drug dealer. The young, Caucasian male notices this, drops the bag of white power, and runs off, much to the confusion of the dealer. "Yo, where the f*** you going?" The dealer then turns around, and becomes horrified at the sight of the Black Falcon, who grabs him before he can draw his gun and drags him into a dark alleyway.

Inside the alleyway, Black Falcon holds the drug dealer up against the wall, his right hand gripping on his neck, and threatening him with the gadget attached to his left arm, a rifle barrel shaped device that fires electricity instead of bullets. The dealer is sweating heavily, clearly terrified, and not knowing what to expect from the Black Falcon. "Yo, you don't got to do this. I'll give you drugs or guns or

whatever you want!"

"Shut up. Or I'll zap you so hard you'll wish you never born," Black Falcon says in a serious,

menacing tone. "Maurice "Dreadlock" Johnson. Drug dealer, Venom Boys OG, and suspected of a quadruple homicide that happened a month ago."

"How do you know all that?!" Maurice says in fear.

"I have my connections. Now, tell me where Mamba is you damn son of a b****."

"I-I don't know! I swear!"

"Suit yourself, bastard," Black Falcon says as he prepares to use his electricity gun. Realizing this, Maurice screams in fear. "Okay, Okay! I'll tell you! I'll tell you! He's at a drug house on the other side of Ironwood! Address is 347 Maple Boulevard! Just please….don't kill me…"

"Oh, I'm not going to kill you. I'm not a scumbag like you. However, it's time for a nap," Black Falcon says. He then punches Maurice hard, knocking him out. As Maurice falls to the ground, Black Falcon sees several bags of white powder in his pocket. "Cocaine. That'll give him some time." Before Black Falcon walks out of the alleyway, he radios in with his father. "Dad, send in an anonymous tip to the police. Tell them they'll find Maurice Johnson knocked out with a gun and cocaine on him."

"Roger that. What will you do now?" Richard asks his son.

"What Batman would do; Beat some criminal asses and get some more info," Black Falcon replies before gliding off towards a different location.

Two days later, in the quiet, small town of Morrisville, Melanie is at her home where she lives with her uncle, Morrisville Police Chief Rick Brooks. She is in her living room, sitting on the sofa and watching television while cleaning her favorite firearm; her personal AR-15 semi-automatic rifle. The living room is rather large, with family photos on shelves and two large windows on the right in which one can see the street from. The front door is close to the living room as well. As she cleans her rifle, a news report comes on that catches her attention.

"In San Morano, multiple members of the Venom Boys street gang are now the hunted instead of the hunter, after several encounters with an armored vigilante who calls himself the Black Falcon. All of them were either caught on camera in which the footage was sent to the police, while others were found unconscious with either a gun or drugs on them," The female news reporter on air says. "We have spoken to residents in Ironwood and beyond and the sentiment is same, public opinion seems to be in favor of this Black Falcon already. However, law enforcement and the city council remain wary. However, he does have one powerful ally; Mayor Kenneth Brown himself." The screen turns to footage of a press conference held by the Mayor in regards to the Black Falcon. In the background is the large, Victorian-style, city hall of San Morano. Outside, Mayor Kenneth Brown is speaking to multiple reporters and a large crowd of people. The mayor is an African-American male in his early fifties, and he is bald with brown eyes. The mayor wears a black suit jacket over a white dress shirt and he is also wearing a tie and black dress pants. The mayor's expression is serious, but he is not angry. "When I was growing up in this city, I saw my best friend get shot and killed by a gang member who mistook him for a rival," The mayor say, almost looking like he is about to cry. However, he regains his composure. "Today, it's no different. The brave men and women of the San Morano Police Department and the San Morano Fire Department see this type of tragedy every day. We need to put an end to this violence, and I believe that is what this Black Falcon is trying to do. Yes, the police and the city council are wary, but I will tell everyone who is present and everyone who will see this on the news; the Black Falcon has my full, 100%, support!" Mayor Kenneth Brown says in a passionate tone, resulting in roaring applause and cheer from the crowd.

As the news coverage continues Melanie smiles. "Being best friends with a superhero is not something I thought would happen," Melanie remarks to herself. "Good work, Ryan."

The next day, in the afternoon, Ironwood residents have somewhat begun coming out, as many Venom Boys are too afraid to come out now, fearing the Black Falcon will get them. Inside an old, abandoned, store with boarded up windows, at least twelve members of the Venom Boys sit or stand inside, with semi-automatic pistols, assault rifles, and machine pistols at the ready, fearing what will happen next. Crates and boxes scatter the floor, the content of which is probably not legal. Sitting on the other side from where the front door is a young, African-American male, in his late twenties. He has messy black hair and he wears a gold and green bandanna on his forehead. He also wears a t-shirt with a gold jacket over it and baggy pants. In his right hand is a Tek-9 machine pistol. He is heavily sweating, looking around anxiously, and not knowing if or when the Black Falcon will come for him. Another gang member, who is armed with an AK-47, notices this apparent fear. "Yo, Raquan, chill out homes," The gang member says.

"You shut up! We're not dealing with the cops here!" Raquan snaps at the gang member.

"Calm down, Raquan," Another gang member, armed with a .45 caliber pistol, says. "We'll shoot his b**** ass down if he comes for us."

Raquan looks around nervously, and turns to the gang members watching the door. "Anything?"

"Nah, ain't anything here," One of the gang members says. As the gang member turns back around, the boarded up window is shattered and someone grabs the gang member and drags him out.

"He's here! That motherf***er is here!" Raquan shouts. Suddenly, the second boarded up window is shattered and the second gang member keeping watch is grabbed and drag outside. Just after that, the door is kicked and the Black Falcon enters. The gang members immediately open fire, but Black Falcon is able to stand his ground thanks to his armor, and with the device attached to the armor covering his right arm, which is a second electricity gun, and with the electricity gun on the armor covering his left arm, he gives a jolt to several gang members, who scream in pain before falling to the ground. The remaining gang members still unleash lead on the Black Falcon, but the Black Falcon manages to evade it and land several blows on the gang members, knocking them to the ground. Eventually, the only one left standing is Raquan "Mamba" Jackson. Scared for his life, he reloads but Black Falcon throws a shuriken like weapon at him, which knocks the Tek-9 from his hand. Black Falcon then approaches Raquan, who tries to pull out a semi-automatic pistol, but before he can, Black Falcon grabs him and slams him against the wall with his left hand, and he points one of his electricity guns with his right.

"Raquan Jackson. You seem scared. What an ironic twist of fate," Black Falcon remarks in a sarcastic, almost sadistic tone. He presses Raquan against the wall, and Raquan is now even more terrified. "There are probably drugs in those crates and boxes. That and the guns are enough to give you some hard time. Maybe I should put you out of your misery right here and now," Black Falcon remarks in a sadistic tone.

"No, please man…don't do this…" Raquan begs for his life as Black Falcon grabs Raquan's semi-automatic pistol and points it at him. "The power of the gun, one pull can change a life forever…" Black Falcon remarks. "How does it feel, you bastard. To be terrified like you terrify the people in this neighborhood. All the sons and daughters you and your gang have taken from this word. All the mothers and fathers crying because of you and your gang's violent acts. You probably ordered the massacre at the Italian restaurant as well."

"No, please!" Raquan begs for his life.

"Don't worry, I'm not a killer," Black Falcon says as he drops the gun and lets it fall on the floor. "Besides, Batman wouldn't kill anyone," Black Falcon thinks to himself. At that moment, both Black Falcon and Raquan hear sirens and they are getting louder. Black Falcon, not knowing what the police will do, knows he better leave. Before he leaves, he turns to Raquan Jackson and looks him dead in the eye. "Remember me, Raquan Jackson. When you're serving a life sentence, tell everyone about me. Remember, fear, respect. I am the one who will take down scumbags like you, I am the Black Falcon!" Black Falcon then tries to leave, but before he does, the police enter the building with guns in hand. Rather than order Black Falcon to the ground, they are stunned at what they see. One of the officers present is Captain Lucana, who is armed with an M16 rifle.

"What do we do, Captain Lucana?" An African-American detective wearing body armor over a brown, casual business shirt says. The detective is in his mid-thirties, has neatly comed black hair, and brown eyes.

"Stand down, Detective Jones." Captain Lucana tells the detective, "Stand down, all of you," Captain Lucana orders the rest of his men. "We don't need to worry about him. Let's gather up these gang banging bastards and lock em up."

"Captain, there's a lot of guns here. Probably illegal and I'd check these crates and boxes as well. Probably more guns along with drugs as well," Black Falcon tells Captain Lucana.

"The footage you sent and the guys you left. About that, thanks to you, the guys we arrested are all talking, expect for Maurice Johnson. Don't worry, he's facing some hard time for cocaine possession and a parole violation," Captain Lucana says.

"You don't seem that wary of me, Captain," Black Falcon remarks as the other officers detain the gang members, including Raquan, and seize guns and drugs.

"I was at first. But after seeing this, you have a new friend," Captain Lucana replies. "This is a pretty good sized bust we made today, all thanks to you."

"Thank you, Captain. Has anyone mentioned the massacre?"

"Oh yeah, they're talking, and pointing the finger at that son of a b**** being the mastermind." Captain Lucana says, pointing at Raquan. "We'll take it from here."

"Not a problem. I wish to work with law enforcement, not against law enforcement."

"Well, consider me your partner," Captain Lucana says as he holds his M16 with his left hand and extending his right hand out for a handshake, which Black Falcon accepts. "Thank you, Black Falcon," Captain Lucana said.

"I look forward to working with you," Black Falcon says before he takes off into the afternoon sky, as Captain Lucana looks on.

The next day, at the large, white and gold-colored Harrison family mansion, Ryan and his father sits on a sofa in one of the many large rooms, watching the news. On the news is yet another story on the Black Falcon.

"Several thousand dollars' worth of cocaine and heroin along with many firearms was seized yesterday by the San Morano Police Department's Gang and Organized Crime Unit in an apparent raid on a Venom Boys hideout. However, they are not crediting themselves, but rather, crediting the Black Falcon. One detective said if it wasn't for the Black Falcon, they would have never stumbled upon this. Raquan Jackson, the leader, is facing a thirty year sentence for the drugs and gun charges, plus new federal chargers as well," A male news reporter on the air says. Richard picks up the remote and closes the television. He then turns to his son and smiles. "I'm proud of you."

Ryan smiles. "Thanks, but my work is not done."

"I know. That's why you need to keep fighting."

"Guess you're right," Ryan remarks.

At a tall, skyscraper office building located in downtown San Morano, on the top floor, two men are meeting in a fancy, large office. One man, a Caucasian in his early forties, has neatly comed brown hair and light blue eyes. He wears a fancy, white suit with a white dress shirt underneath and a fancy watch on his left wrist, along with a red tie above the shirt and white dress pants. The second man is also Caucasian, in his early fifties, and he wearing a black fedora, sunglasses, a black jacket, a red dress shirt, and black pants. The man in the white suit looks at the man with a serious, menacing glare, but the second man is not fazed. "That bloke Falcon might pose a problem to our operation, Walter," The man in the white suit says. "Take him out."

The second man, Walter Woodman, shows no emotion or concern. "As you wish, Ronald," he coldly replies.

"By the way, I heard about your son Kevin's death. I've decided to serve my own justice. Raquan Jackson will die before he can reach prison. That's all I'm saying." The man in the white suit, Ronald Dale, says with a sadistic smile on his face.

"So be it," Walter says. "Shall I go now?"

"Of course, but remember, this is not like previous hits. It's going to be the hardest yet."

"I've never failed in killing anyone, and I won't fail now," Walter says

"Excellent. Off you go now," Ronald says. Walter takes one more look at Ronald before turning around and calmly walking out of the office.

End of Chapter One.

There's no point in describing someone's appearance the moment they appear, especially of minor characters like the random police officer at one point. It becomes quite banal. The only time you should directly describe someone's appearance as they appear is if their appearance is important at that very moment, like if there was something peculiar about their appearance that Black Falcon takes notice of or if there's some bombshell beauty walking up to Ryan.

I guess it's okay when introducing a character sometimes, but when you are introducing multiple characters, describing them all is bad.

If you want to give readers an idea of someone's appearance when it's not important, you can do it indirectly like. "Mrs. X pushed a strand of her blonde hair back behind her ear."

Also, instead of describing someone's emotions like "Ryan and Melanie are stunned by the sudden sounds", describe their reaction which would imply their emotions, like "Ryan and Melanie froze and frantically looked around for the source of the noise."

Nice chapter.

Archived