Planar Nexus (written)

heraldry_lord

Planar Nexus

Mana Cost: {5}{W}{U}{B}{R}{G}

Sorcery

Planar Nexus can't be countered by spells or abilities.

Search your library for a white permanent card, a blue permanent card, a black permanent card, a red permanent card and a green permanent card, and put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.

While not necessary to specify "permanent card" for each (the rules will prohibit sorcery and instant choices from being meaningful anyway), you probably should write it in anyway - it helps avoid people asking an obvious rules question.

As a rule, I'm not a fan of uncounterable cards that will almost certainly win the game, and this does just that. This allows searching 1-2 infinite permanent-only multicolored combos and instantly setting them up.

Comparing this to Conflux still shows this card extremely powerful - for two more mana and not being able to search up instants and sorceries, the card becomes uncounterable and puts the permanents directly onto the battlefield.

8+ mana spells are priced such that they will be basically "impossible" to cast in the average Standard, Modern, Legacy, Vintage, or even Duel Commander game, but this card would give five-color Commander decks an even bigger edge and would almost certainly be banned in the only format interested in playing it - Multiplayer Commander.

• 2 weeks later...

While not necessary to specify "permanent card" for each (the rules will prohibit sorcery and instant choices from being meaningful anyway), you probably should write it in anyway - it helps avoid people asking an obvious rules question.

As a rule, I'm not a fan of uncounterable cards that will almost certainly win the game, and this does just that. This allows searching 1-2 infinite permanent-only multicolored combos and instantly setting them up.

Comparing this to Conflux still shows this card extremely powerful - for two more mana and not being able to search up instants and sorceries, the card becomes uncounterable and puts the permanents directly onto the battlefield.

8+ mana spells are priced such that they will be basically "impossible" to cast in the average Standard, Modern, Legacy, Vintage, or even Duel Commander game, but this card would give five-color Commander decks an even bigger edge and would almost certainly be banned in the only format interested in playing it - Multiplayer Commander.

OK, I removed the uncounterability (Is that even a word? XD), and added "permanent" to the text to clear up any possible doubt.

Also, I did model this off Conflux (one of my favourite lore cards).

When you slam down a sequence of powerful permanents you've practically won the game. Omniscience first comes to mind, followed by other sick game-winners like Craterhoof, Ender of Games or Progenitus if you're that ballsy. The only drawback here is that this checks only the library - if any of your super powerful things end up in your hand you can't quite get it with this card.

Still, such a prohibitive cost will put it on par with Omni and pals in the I-effectively-win realm. Push it up to WWUUBBRRGG?

Archived