10 Cloverfield Lane

vla1ne

and your question about if it's a sequel, it's not, it's actually a spin-off of the first Cloverfield, there's a true sequel of it on it's way though.

according to the creator, [spoiler=severe spoilers, they shouldn't ruin the movie, but just to be careful] this movie takes place around the same time as cloverfield, in the same universe. the alien/monster is different, but there's a lot of small things in this movie that tie into cloverfield (like the fact that goodman worked for the same company that was apparently responsible for the satellite crash at the end of cloverfield), and even some hints to a super 8 relation. the movie appears to seal the franchise as an anthology, with different events occurring around the same widespread doomsday event. also, at the end of the movie, there's a broadcast sent out, i won't say what it says here, but know that it could very well lead to a sequel that crosses both movies together.

Ah, a spin-off, that was really the only question that was bugging me. Cloverfield is honestly one of my favorite "found footage" films. I heard about it from a guy on YouTube and it really piqued my interest. I just really wanted to know if it was actually related to Cloverfield or not before going in to see it.

Archived