Toriko

toriko-tv-3712.jpg

It’s the age of the gourmet and across the land lie countless delectable treats just waiting to be eaten. Unfortunately, many of the rarest and most delicious ingredients require special skills and incredible physical power to obtain them. Enter Toriko, a luxury food provider with a passion for anything edible. The hunter-for-hire travels across the globe alongside his new assistant, chef Komatsu, in order to sample each new ingredient and decide upon his ultimate full course menu. Armed with nothing but his “knife”, “fork” and appetite, can Toriko hunt down his prey and discover the perfect components to make up the banquet of his lifetime?

Anyone still reading this? It seemed really popular a few years ago, but I haven't heard anyone talking about this in a while. The story got a little weird with that whole arc in the clam, but it seems like it's picking up some speed again.

Discuss Toriko.

It's funking weird.

It's like a strange ass Jojos but with... Food?

I've been reading it, for some reason... Probably the same morbid curiosity that keeps me reading bleach,

I can't disagree. Toriko always operated off its own logic and the rules its world had set, which is fine. But in recent years, I feel like it went too far in that direction up its own ass. 

I remember making a status about it that you were perplexed by too over this page.

I didn't think about that Jojo comparison, but that's pretty spot-on.

It seems like its heading towards its climax though, which I'm relatively interested in seeing. I won't understand too much of what's happening, but I'm always down for more larger than life battles with monsters.

Archived