King Ramses | Superhero Idea

Delibirb

If you were paying attention to my few and far between remarks about superheros, some might know I've been designing and creating a universe around a superhero, and particularly having a hard time creating other heroes to inhabit that universe with them. This is not that hero, but he is a hero in that universe. In what capacity, I don't know yet, and for now I'm not going to be expanding on it even on my own as much as I am the original. But I wanted to write him down some, so here is King Ramses.

No, he's not the actual King Ramses from ancient Egypt. But he is an Arab living in Egypt with a pretty unique power. Now, in my superhero universe, there will be no mutants, no human is born with powers. Either they were given to you or you aren't human. Bahadur Al-Malik is no different. No, he isn't an archaeologist, he actually owns a respectable hotel in Cairo. One day he witnesses one of his patrons' murder by a mysterious assassin, who appears to search for something but leaves, having failed to find it. The victim informs Bahadur of where to find the object the killer sought.

Weeks later, Al-Malik's business is in shambles following the scandal of the murder. He decides to go searching for the dead man's treasure. When he arrives, he finds what appears to be a mummified hand. Touching it gives him a vision of the Egyptian king of Gods, Osiris, who reveals that this is his own hand. Osiris grants Bahadur the power to summon the power of long forgotten Egyptian mythical beings and powers. At the pharaoh's request, the new hero King Ramses begins to hunt down the assassins who seek the various pieces of Osiris' body, cut apart by his brother Set and hidden by his people. The goal is to allow Isis to resurrect Osiris long enough to allow him to use his power and create Horus to guard Earth from Set and other forces of darkness and evil.

I would really like to hear your ideas on how the origin story can be improved upon. No ideas for later adventures, however, as those will almost certainly need tying in with the adventures of my other hero in one way or another.

Osiris grants Bahadur the power to summon the power of long forgotten Egyptian mythical beings and powers.

Sounds pretty lame. Then again, the standard "advanced strength, super speed, advanced stamina" isn't much better.

There's lots of aspects to Osiris. He was God of Death, God of the Afterlife, Resurrection, Vegetation, Flooding of the Nile. I'm just doing a cursory skimming of Wikipedia, you probably put more research into this.

Why not, each bodypart gives you part of Osiris's power? His left hand is able to instantly kill someone. His right hand is able to resurrect the dead (or in a broader sense, restore the power of long forgotten Egyptian mythical beasts and heroes). The owner of the left leg can control water, or just control the Nile, or something like that. The owner of the right leg can control vegetation and plant life. The Owner of the head can teleport to the other side of death and teleport back... or something. Just brainstorming here.

I was planning on having Ramses powers become either stronger or perhaps easier to control as he found more pieces. I didn't want him to become essentially Neo!Osiris because the whole point is he is helping Osiris. He'll probably get access to new power as he finds more body parts put they won't be achieved as a result of that specific part, rather it'll be because he is becoming closer to Osiris and so his range of power becomes greater. It also means that other people won't be able to have Ramses power, as it isn't a result of him owning the pieces, it's a gift from Osiris as reward.

That said there will likely be artifacts belonging to other gods that will have great power related to its owner's purpose in the pantheon.

Archived