Fusionbreak Beast

Atypical-Abbie

A Fusion Monster for Beast, Beast-Warrior and Winged Beast-Type monsters, it increases its own Level and can Special Summon up to 2 monsters by destroying itself. I find it pretty unique myself.

FBMkR1A.png

2 Beast, Beast-Warrior and/or Winged Beast-Type monsters
Must be Fusion Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn: You can pay any number of LP in multiples of 500; increase this card's Level by 1 (max. 12) for each 500 LP you paid. While this card's Level is 10 or higher, this card gains 1500 ATK and DEF. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can Special Summon up to 2 Beast, Beast-Warrior and/or Winged Beast-Type monsters whose combined Levels are less than or equal to this card's Level from your hand and/or Graveyard, and if you, do destroy this card.

IMO....

Must be Fusion Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.

Should become:

Must first be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Material Monsters

And then give that last effect a hard OPT clause.

Mainly because it would be fun if you let This card interact with things like Uniflora/etc. Plus, with cards like Aeyers Rock/etc, you could get a lot of silly plays going with Decks like Tanuukis/etc. Wouldn't really be gamebreaking or anything, since, you know, it's fuckin' Tanuukis.dek, but you get the idea.

IMO....

Should become:

And then give that last effect a hard OPT clause.

Mainly because it would be fun if you let This card interact with things like Uniflora/etc. Plus, with cards like Aeyers Rock/etc, you could get a lot of silly plays going with Decks like Tanuukis/etc. Wouldn't really be gamebreaking or anything, since, you know, it's fuckin' Tanuukis.dek, but you get the idea.

I was on the fence about that when making it, but I feel like that's less of a negative effect, and I am not so sure about being able to re-Summon it either.

This card has Fire Fist bait written all over it, 1000 to fetch the lvl 3 tuner and an extra. 2000 to grab a Wolf Bark and another. It also boost Fire Kings, Kaoki Meiru Beast Warriors. Tanuuki's obviously would benefit the best from this card, especially if @Armz suggestions are made

I was on the fence about that when making it, but I feel like that's less of a negative effect, and I am not so sure about being able to re-Summon it either.

If it were able to Summon anything more, you'd end up investing LP based on what you wanted to Summon. Hell, you'd likely have to pay a lot more if you wanted to Summon more then 2 monsters of any actual value, off this card.

But it's your card, so you ultimately get the final say in the matter.

So you're paying 3000 LP to make it 3000 ATK? :/ I don't know how appealing that sounds. I do however like the idea of it having generic Fusion Materials and being able to SS multiplie monsters. But I would change a few things:

1: Change the Fusion Summon only restriction like Armz suggested, or give it an similar clause to Beast-Eyes, where you have the option of either Tributing or sending the Fusion Materials to the Graveyard.

2: Instead of saying "While this card's Level is 10 or higher, this card gains 1500 ATK and DEF", change it to "If this card's Level is 10 or higher: This card's original ATK and DEF become 3000" or "If this card's Level is 10 or higher: This card's original ATK and DEF is doubled", and maybe even add a "This effect cannot be negated" just to prevent this from running into a Breakthrough Skill or something. Cause as it is right now, it could easily lose it's Level boost (and therefore ATK boost) if it's effect is negated.

3: I would change the last effect to "During your Main Phase: You can Tribute this Fusion Summoned card; Special Summon up to 2 Beast, Beast-Warrior and/or Winged-Beast-Type monsters from your hand and/or Graveyard whose combined Level are equal to or less than this card's. You can only use the effect of Fusionbreak Beast" once per turn."

So you're paying 3000 LP to make it 3000 ATK? :/ I don't know how appealing that sounds. I do however like the idea of it having generic Fusion Materials and being able to SS multiplie monsters. But I would change a few things:

1: Change the Fusion Summon only restriction like Armz suggested, or give it an similar clause to Beast-Eyes, where you have the option of either Tributing or sending the Fusion Materials to the Graveyard.

2: Instead of saying "While this card's Level is 10 or higher, this card gains 1500 ATK and DEF", change it to "If this card's Level is 10 or higher: This card's original ATK and DEF become 3000" or "If this card's Level is 10 or higher: This card's original ATK and DEF is doubled", and maybe even add a "This effect cannot be negated" just to prevent this from running into a Breakthrough Skill or something. Cause as it is right now, it could easily lose it's Level boost (and therefore ATK boost) if it's effect is negated.

3: I would change the last effect to "During your Main Phase: You can Tribute this Fusion Summoned card; Special Summon up to 2 Beast, Beast-Warrior and/or Winged-Beast-Type monsters from your hand and/or Graveyard whose combined Level are equal to or less than this card's. You can only use the effect of Fusionbreak Beast" once per turn."

The boost is really a bonus effect, was just gonna give it the Level and SS effects, I doubt anyone is going to use it that way regardless, you rarely use Castel's other effect, but it's there if you want it, same thing here.

1. Am still thinking about that.

2. Again, it isn't a primary function, and not sure why I would have it be activated instead, wouldn't change the fact that it could be negated, and I don't like to have effects the "cannot be negated" clause outside of negative effects that you want to avoid being negated.

3. That would break the card if you wanted to change its Level and then SS something higher Leveled, so no.

Archived