Fakemon Design Ideas [Aria]

More Ideas:

Sim -----> A magical top hat with eyes

Salabim ------> A magical wand with three Illuminati......

Shemhamforash! -----> Magical cabinet with three different facial expressions, anger, happiness, and sadness, can split into three parts....

Three magic words, like the Abracadabra esque style, but in a more classical way....

Shemhamforash seems like the most creative idea. It reminds me of the mask representing comedy and tragedy. 

More ideas:

### Caramboguerilla -------> I'll let you guess what this is based on, but it's a Grass/Steel type

### Gattlinstar -------> A Slice of star which shoots seeds as bullets, part of the fruit army squad Grass/Steel

### Dragonfruit ------> A vicious fruit which breaths fire...... Dragon/Grass

### Enduria -----> A tough and prickly defense wall -----> Grass/Rock

More ideas:

#### Goalice -----> A combination between a goalkeeper and ice hockey, Fighting/Ice

#### Housepital -----> A gaint Hospital which can heal it's partners

#### Bandagor ------> A bandage filled with souls of the healed ones

Also, edited Squibble's arms

ZEjgq1k.png?1

Goalice is one I want to see. I'm not much a fan of designs based purely on inanimate objects (inanimate irl, that is). 

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the second starter, the grass starter, unlike many Pokemon games, the grass is second this time....

004 Cactpot

The Potted Cactus Pokemon

Lore: Cactpot have three spikes on its body to protect from aerial attackers. Its roots are firmly stuck on the pot. It is believed that a Cactpot seed came from the Golden desert 

7K8e7YG.png?1

Here's the second starter, the grass starter, unlike many Pokemon games, the grass is second this time....

004 Cactpot

The Potted Cactus Pokemon

Lore: Cactpot have three spikes on its body to protect from aerial attackers. Its roots are firmly stuck on the pot. It is believed that a Cactpot seed came from the Golden desert 

7K8e7YG.png?1

I like it, but that yellow tip on the bottom really bugs me. It's hard to imagine it balancing itself, and the color of that one spike differs from the color of the others.

It would be cool if you pixelated these into pokemon-styled sprites. I have more experience with that style, so I could judge better if you did that.

Anyway, good work. 

I like it, but that yellow tip on the bottom really bugs me. It's hard to imagine it balancing itself, and the color of that one spike differs from the color of the others.

It would be cool if you pixelated these into pokemon-styled sprites. I have more experience with that style, so I could judge better if you did that.

Anyway, good work. 

Thanks for your reply! and one thing to note Cactpot is intended to be levitating....

Should I make it levitate, or grounded for added bonus?

Also, I might need your assistance to Pixelate these, since you have the potential to do so....

Thanks for your reply! and one thing to note Cactpot is intended to be levitating....

Should I make it levitate, or grounded for added bonus?

Also, I might need your assistance to Pixelate these, since you have the potential to do so....

Levitation? Grass types rarely have that ability.

I would make it grounded.

Step 1: Copy/paste the fakemon into MS paint, or whatever you use. 

Step 2: Resize it to make the dimensions reasonable. For small fakemon, I would usually suggest around 40x40. Larger ones can be 64x64. 

Step 3: Fix any distortions caused when you resize it, and try to make the pallet 16-bit. 

For a tutorial on the basics of MS Paint, refer to my pal, Jappio~

Third starter is up now.....

Might be a perfect ally to bring on a BBQ party...Roast those steaks

F33EOcC.png?1

Pyrago has two eyes, but only one is virtually visible from the viewpoint

So which of the three starters would you choose?

Cactpot, Squibbble, or Pyrago?

Well, I like all three, but Water starters are usually my favorite....

The evolution chart coming soon......

As well as Legendaries

New Fakemon Idea:

Erashell, the Eraser Pokemon....

------> Level 30

Evolves into Erasnail, the Correction Pen Pokemon

And here's the sprite design....made using MS Paint

HecwHEV.png?1

CnC?

Sorry for not being very active lately. I was hoping I could narrate my CnC into a video, but my mic broke.

I'll state my CnC in text right after I finish fixing up the errors of this sprite myself, to give you a better idea. What I show you can be applied to future work. 

Sorry for not being very active lately. I was hoping I could narrate my CnC into a video, but my mic broke.

I'll state my CnC in text right after I finish fixing up the errors of this sprite myself, to give you a better idea. What I show you can be applied to future work. 

Thank you for the compliment....

Well, I have created and writed more than 150 Fakemons now....I'll show you the list when it's finished....

I have completed the edits. I have the augment on the left, and the original on the right. I will be comparing them often in my review.

Snailuggage%20Edit_zps65hsfkpx.png

Yours has some issues with the concept.  I don't think it's very obvious that it's a snail just by looking at it. This is because the shell is very irregular, and the other iconic traits of a snail are on its face, which is hidden. On mine, I decided to reveal its face, showing those elongated eye sockets, a trademark quality of a snail. I also fixed the shading, using a sprite of Crustle as a reference. In doing so, I managed to reduce the pallet to reasonable levels. As you can see, yours had 4 colors above the limit I suggested (with pure white being represented in the red box). Next was the "eraser" part. The grey platform it stands on looked strange, so I swapped it for a simple circular shape. I also fixed the eraser itself, making it look more 3-D with my darker shading where the light doesn't hit. Finally, I edited the outline tremendously. You used way too much black. For the bottom outlines where the shell touches the slime, I made the outlines dark grey. One thing I forgot to do was shade under the ring, but you can do that yourself. 

My tip to you is that, next time you color your sprites, use a pokemon that closely resembles your intended shading patterns. Don't forget to keep track of the color limit. That sums up my CnC. 

I have completed the edits. I have the augment on the left, and the original on the right. I will be comparing them often in my review.

Snailuggage%20Edit_zps65hsfkpx.png

Yours has some issues with the concept.  I don't think it's very obvious that it's a snail just by looking at it. This is because the shell is very irregular, and the other iconic traits of a snail are on its face, which is hidden. On mine, I decided to reveal its face, showing those elongated eye sockets, a trademark quality of a snail. I also fixed the shading, using a sprite of Crustle as a reference. In doing so, I managed to reduce the pallet to reasonable levels. As you can see, yours had 4 colors above the limit I suggested (with pure white being represented in the red box). Next was the "eraser" part. The grey platform it stands on looked strange, so I swapped it for a simple circular shape. I also fixed the eraser itself, making it look more 3-D with my darker shading where the light doesn't hit. Finally, I edited the outline tremendously. You used way too much black. For the bottom outlines where the shell touches the slime, I made the outlines dark grey. One thing I forgot to do was shade under the ring, but you can do that yourself. 

My tip to you is that, next time you color your sprites, use a pokemon that closely resembles your intended shading patterns. Don't forget to keep track of the color limit. That sums up my CnC. 

Thank you for the sprite fix!

I appreciate all comments, suggestions, and tips....

Well, the outline tip is really helpful, but personally, I think green slime blends quite well with the chocolate and creme shell, and the reason I made the eyes inside the shell, is to resemble a timid/scaredy snail, which will evolve into a quite ferocious one...

Anyway, I used way too much color and should minimize it for effectiveness....

Finally, The Xeneria Region Pokemon List is finished with more than 300 New and Original Fakemons

This interesting region will be part of my fangame, with various different environments, a chilling peak, scorching desert, candy land, abandoned factory, creepy mansion, medieval castle, and many more....

Also, the sub-Legendary Pokemons will be based on Time Devices

Enjoy.

Here's the first half of the Pokedex

[spoiler=#001-053]ZazOEgy.png?1

[spoiler=#054-0107]AGZuNR9.png?1

[spoiler=#107-149]4hPZCkQ.png?1

Which one pique your interest the most?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! That's a huge collection. Are these just ideas, or do you actually have them drawn?

The types for the starters seem too dynamic. By that, I mean the dark type transition for all the final evolutions seems out of place.  

Anyway, Hellragon seems to be the most interesting idea in my opinion. The least interesting is Pokeye. A pokeball-bassed pokemon has already been made (voltorb). I would base it off a different type of ball, for the sake of originality. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived