Number Hunters (YGO RP/PG-16/OOC/Accepting/Started)

Has Number 5 been taken yet?

EDIT: Reason I ask is because here's my submission:

[spoiler=The Player With Panache] Name: Johann deLancie
Appearance: A tall and slightly skinny man with purplish-black hair, fair skin, and light blue eyes.  Often wears a black eye patch over his right eye, but only does so for looks, as he can see just fine out of it.  Frequently seen wearing a maroon three-piece suit with a pink shirt and purple vest, white gloves, black shoes, and a black bow tie.
Personality: Eccentric and dramatic, Johann rarely speaks in a normal tone of voice, hitting all vocal ranges.  Has a habit of breaking into grand monologues that he either doesn’t know or doesn’t care that other people can hear, and isn’t even embarrassed by it.  Don’t expect any straight dialogue out of him outside of a Duel, as he loves sounding poetic even if he isn’t.  Has an eye for the macabre, but doesn’t carry any malice, nor does he carry mercy in Duels.
Background: A respected fashion designer, Johann’s designs took a turn for the twisted when he met and fell for a gothic Lolita woman, yet it actually made him more popular.  His new inspiration was magnified upon receiving his Number, creating new designs, one of which won him his love’s heart, but the knowledge that other Numbers existed gave Johann a desire to tap into their potential.  Armed with a custom-built Deck, Johann seeks the other Numbers in order to acquire ultimate inspiration and take the fashion world by an even greater storm.
[spoiler=Deck:] Archetype: Phantasewn
Deck Info: The Phantasewn Archetype consists of Zombie-Type monsters based off of ghostly articles of clothing such as sweaters, scarves, and gloves.  Their primary strategy is to Fusion Summon non-Effect Fusion Monsters with many Phantasewn Materials, as Phantasewn monsters give Material-needing monsters extra effects if only Phantasewn monsters were used for the Summon.  However, Johann supplements their usual strategy with several De-Fusion-esque cards, including Soul Shearer, in order to Summon many Phantasewns at once while altering their Levels if need be to Xyz Summon Number 5: Doom Chimera Dragon, with it reaping the benefits of the Phantasewns’ strategy while also gaining a lot of ATK from its own effect.

Misc:
* The design that made Johann’s lover fall for him was based on Doom Chimera Dragon.
* Though his card is in English, when Johann Summons it, he refers to it by its Japanese name: Mōreiryū (Perishing-Ghost Dragon) – Death Chimera Dragon.

And yes, I do have lore in mind for Doom Chimera, which wasn't shown in ZEXAL.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My app.

[spoiler=The Outsider]

Name: Haruka Aizen

Appearance: Haruka has a pale complexion, black hair with red highlights, and royal blue eyes. Her hair just up along the sides of her head into a set of fins, while she has very long bangs framing her face from the center of the front of her hair. She also has a very long ponytail that she likes to occasionally style, or even braid to fit into a helmet better. She prefers to wear a brown leather jacket that resembles the jacket of a pilot, complete with a padded collar, around which rest a pair of polarized sunglasses on a band that wraps around her neck. Combined with her pff-white bodysuit with red and black accents, complete with matching boots, and she seems like some sort of pilot. She also has a silvery chestplate attached by a harness over her chest and breasts that has a rotating indented section at the center of the angular armor. She has a Duel Disk that matches her armor, being silvery with red and black accents, and seems pretty high-end, and a similar Duel Runner stowed away in a storage shed.

Personality: Haruka is the best and worst of her parents. On one hand, she is very intelligent and intuitive, and is able to easily figure out mechanical and engineering problems, and is quite loyal to her friends. She commonly thinks of others before herself, always tries to empathize with others, and tries to show how trustworthy and caring she is to those she trusts. On the other hand, she is quite shy and introverted, and comes off as cold or aloof to those she hasn't opened up to by not speaking very much. Plus, if pushed, she can become very stubborn and defiant against others. She also has immense insecurities due to a life of living in the shadow of her parents and constantly protected by them. She doesn't think she can meet either of their legacies, and is worried she is just a burden due to her handicap.

Background: Haruka was born to Youta and Fuyumi Aizen, Youta being a former Riding Duel champion and automotive enthusiast turned quantum physicist working with the strange energy source called Ener-D, while Fuyumi was a senior practitioner and surgeon at a major hospital in New Domino City. However, despite Fuyumi's best efforts, stress from being a surgeon caused Fuyumi to go into labor prematurely with Haruka, at which point it was discovered that Haruka had a heart defect as a result. Fortunately, acting quickly, her parents were able to rig up a special pacemaker powered by a special Ener-D capacitor. As long as Haruka was near a source of Ener-D, the battery of her pacemaker would continue to charge. Both of her parents helped to upgrade and modify the pacemaker as she grew up, until the capacitor could be stored in a special armored chest harness.
However, both of her parents were worried for her safety, and kept any vacations to places outside of New Domino City to the minimum amount of time, or brought along spare batteries of Ener-D. This led to increasing friction between Haruka and her parents, until she finally ran away a month ago, heading on her Duel Runner until she finally broke down in Heartland. Without anywhere to go, she quickly realized that duels, especially duels that she participated in, tended to give a minor charge to her capacitor: not as much as the ambient charge of New Domino's municipal grid, but enough that spending most of her day dueling would be able to stave off the eventual shutdown of her pacemaker. Signing up for underground duels, Haruka has become a rising star due to her participation in a few shady tournaments, and has won a small amount due to bets on herself and others that is giving her a roof over her head. But she still needs to duel more to survive, and wishes she could have chosen differently, instead of being stranded in a city where she is a stranger.

Deck: Haruka utilizes the Crimson Momentum archetype, which revolves around supporting low-Level Synchros and low-Level Xyzs. They also revolve around using a mechanic called Crimson Speed Counters, represented as rings on the cards. While potent, the archetype restricts itself heavily as to what it can make from the Extra Deck. Haruka's ace card is Crimson Momentum Quantum Dragon, a Level 2 non-Effect Synchro Monster with 2300 ATK.
[spoiler=Number 52]
8kwJtUD.png
2 or more (max. 5) Level 2 monsters
This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each Xyz Material attached to it. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; then target 1 face-up card you control that you can place a Crimson Spell Counter(s) on; places a number of Crimson Spell Counters on it up to the original Level of the detached card, if any. During either player's turn: You can remove any number of Crimson Speed Counters from your side of the field; return this card you control to your Extra Deck, and if you do, Special Summon a number of monsters with Levels from both players' Graveyards up to the number of Crimson Speed Counters removed by this effect, but their ATK and DEF become 500, and their Levels become 2. You can only use this effect of "Number 52: Crimson Momentum Crisis Dragon" once per turn.

Trivia: Number 52's Number regularly shifts its location each time it is Xyz Summoned due to the nature of its effect, and is rarely in the same place twice.

RP has begun.

Haven't finished character.

Hellfire, may just as well post what I've got so far.

[spoiler=With Honour]

Name: Iori Yamaguchi

[spoiler=Appearance]

Hic5dSv.jpg

She wears this during her off time and at home, but is more often seen in her school uniform and also has her training gi, which is white, when doing martial arts.

[spoiler=Personality]

Iori is a rather introverted person, happiest when by herself and doing something she loves, whether it be martial arts, dueling or something else. When she does talk to other people, she stop paying attention if it switched to a topic she hasn't any interest in. As a result of her martial arts training, she becomes very focused on completing a goal once she sets one, and will often ignore other things in the progress. During her life, she has developed a poor opinion of mankind in general, believing them undisciplined and morally lacking. This adds to her introverted personality, and makes it difficult for her to make friends.

[spoiler=Biography]

Iori is the daughter of a famous female martial artist and a historian. However, she wasn't with them for long as her mother died from illness shortly after her birth, and her father was killed in a back alley stopping a mugging when she was a toddler. She now leaves with her grandmother, and aunt, who run a renowned dojo in Heartland. As a result, Iori has spent most of her life inside the dojo and lives according to the strict discipline there. After she attempted to stop a mugging herself one time, her grandmother told her how her father died. This would darken her opinions on humanity for years to come, and after observing as her fellow school children slacked off, cheating on tests, tormenting each other and it only grew worse. She keeps these opinions to herself though, but plans to move out of the city as soon as she is old enough. As of now, she attends Heartland Academy, with most people ignoring the shy girl with the weirdly judgemental gaze.

[spoiler=Deck]

Iori uses Fire Fists, with a lot of generic FIRE support thrown. Being able to Xyz Rank 3 or Rank 4 or even Rank 5, and synchro level 6 or level 8 depending on the situation makes it a flexible deck. Iori likes to play the grind game, constantly summoning mid-strength monsters and replenishing her resources before just swarming her opponent with them.

[spoiler=Custom Cards]

Coming Soon!

[spoiler=Iori's Number]

It seems this has been decided.

EDIT: COMPLETED Biography

CHANGED Deck

Yuria Kaneko, The Fiery Passionate Protagonist Wannabe,

Accepted! I would like to see your archetype before I give you a Number.

Iori Yamaguchi

Well, I love the character! My only issue is with the use of Superheavy Samurai cards. They are Pendulum-era, and even though they only have one Pendulum Monster, I'd like for you to try for another archetype. Perhaps the Six Samurai, if they would suit your character's theme?

Iori Yamaguchi

Well, I love the character! My only issue is with the use of Superheavy Samurai cards. They are Pendulum-era, and even though they only have one Pendulum Monster, I'd like for you to try for another archetype. Perhaps the Six Samurai, if they would suit your character's theme?

I'd prefer not. Only 1 of the non-Pendulum cards mentions Pendulum cards, and we can ignore that part of his effect as it cannot apply, and I'll obviously not being using those two Pendulum monsters, as you said Pendulum monsters aren't allowed. Also, the Six Samurai don't really fit as they're a very aggressive archetype, unlike the Superheavy Samurai who're defensive..

Yuria Kaneko, The Fiery Passionate Protagonist Wannabe,

Accepted! I would like to see your archetype before I give you a Number.

Understood. As I said earlier, I want to get a post in before I fully flesh out my archtype, but I already have a rough idea of how I want to structure each card's effects.

I'll PM you directly when I'm ready for my Number.

I'd prefer not. Only 1 of the non-Pendulum cards mentions Pendulum cards, and we can ignore that part of his effect as it cannot apply, and I'll obviously not being using those two Pendulum monsters, as you said Pendulum monsters aren't allowed. Also, the Six Samurai don't really fit as they're a very aggressive archetype, unlike the Superheavy Samurai who're defensive..

Well then, I'm afraid I cannot accept this character. As I said before, this game is set in ZEXAL's point in time, and the deck your character uses consists of cards that didn't exist at the time.

Understood. As I said earlier, I want to get a post in before I fully flesh out my archtype, but I already have a rough idea of how I want to structure each card's effects.

I'll PM you directly when I'm ready for my Number.

Wonderful! Just throw in an opening post, and we can get you started.

Well then, I'm afraid I cannot accept this character. As I said before, this game is set in ZEXAL's point in time, and the deck your character uses consists of cards that didn't exist at the time.

You're acting like there is some kind of actual cannon guide to this sheet. Unluckily, YGO doesn't have that.

The only reasons we actually know any of the series take place in the same timline/universe/whatever is the BBT movie(was that even cannon?) and the references to past series in GX and 5Ds. ZeXal does reference past series occasionally, which lead to the fan-theory that it takes place in an universe where the signers of 5Ds were defeated by Z-ONE (which raises the question of why Synchro monsters are allowed, if you follow this theory, but anywho).

However, there hasn't been anything cannon, has there? They were the statue duel, but Kaiba, Jaden or Yugi were never mentioned (I'm pretty sure). Arc-V takes place in a whole different multiverse, from what we've seen so far, as seen by Jack Atlas pf 5Ds and Alexis of GX existing at the same point of time. Superheavy Samurai, in relation to Zexal, is a whole different kettle of fish as it comes from a different set of dimensions to Zexal, meaning it didn't exist before or after or during Zexal on their timeline.

OK, clearly, you've forgotten the FIRST THING you asked me.

Hum. Very interested, if a bit irate, cause I was planning something similar. Quick question: Pendulums, Synchros, Fusions and Rituals are allowed, yes? And will Numbers have that immunity to non-Numbers or not?
If I make an app, will put it here.

And my response was,

Good question. Synchro, Fusion, and Ritual Monsters are all allowed.

I am wary of using Pendulum monsters, since Yuya literally invents the concept in Arc-V, and from my knowledge, Arc-V and Zexal are different timelines created by Z-ONE's interference, Zexal leading to the Xyz Dimension that we see in Arc-V. Did I get that right? I haven't watched ARC-V yet, I'm still on Zexal II.

Anywho, I want to make sure we do stay true to some of the lore here, even if we are cutting out the major players of the anime. So no to Pendulum monsters, but the rule where only Numbers can destroy Numbers does apply. 

Granted, I should have made my meaning more clear, in that the cards I was disallowing were Pendulum-Era cards. As such, I will allow you to make a new character, if you still want to join, but your current character is still a no.

The Scotsman

[spoiler

]Name: Leslie Douglas

Appearance: While he got a great deal of his appearance from his mom's side, his face is a dead giveaway of his father's mixed heritage. From his Greek nose to his curly hair, to his blue-green eyes, his face is a smorgasbord of European nationalities, but it is his body that speaks Scottish. Tall, broad-shouldered, and light red hair to boot, slap him in a kilt and you have a contender in the Highland games. He is also a lot heavier than he looks, though his height of 6'4 stretches out the weight, which is roughly 310 pounds. He also has a slight overbite as a result of an oral surgery when he was younger, which also resulted in him pronouncing the letter S with a lisp. He also unfortunately inherited his father's poor eyesight, resulting in a thick pair of glasses.

Personality: In any conversation, makes it a goal to be unsubtle. Toning down what he thinks may as well be lying, and he expects the same from others. Otherwise, he makes honest efforts to help those that need help, unless that person has pissed him off in some shape. Has no time for pleasantries, and is a tad too direct both in mannerism and conversation. Will sometimes slip and use some Scottish slang from back home, something he loathes, as others can barely understand the Gaelic jargon. Oddly, his lack of tact seems to be nonexistent in his dueling. Brushes off most failures, but that's due to his own experience with failure. It only gets to him when he knows he could do better.

Background: The son of a nurse and a primary school teacher, Leslie always did well. Not poor, not exceptional, just well. His interest in dueling sparked when he was still in kindergarten, but a group of hustlers at his school almost squashed that interest entirely. The fire would remain untended until the summer after he graduated from primary school, where he saw old reruns of the Battle City tournament. The crazy combinations, the almost endless lucky draws, and the grand scale of the monsters peaked his interest again, and he revisited the game, this time with a better understanding of the game and a sounder mind. As he battled, he added to his once generic structure deck until it was uniquely his own. However, his new-found passion for dueling saw a direct correlation to a downturn in his academics. He barely scraped by graduation, and though his parents still supported him, he felt a personal failure, as he was once a solid B student. Since then, he has tried to temper his passion, but he still joins tournaments while trying to balance college courses at Heartland University to get a degree.

Deck: Atlantean theme, with a few liberties here and there. His deck contains a high amount of monsters, as well as a few field clearing cards. Leslie relies on being able to protect or replace his own, as long as he comes out on top. He also includes a few lesser known cards to keep his opponent on their toes.

Misc: Theme Song: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1RaG123x_wU

The Scotsman

[spoiler

]Name: Leslie Douglas

Appearance: While he got a great deal of his appearance from his mom's side, his face is a dead giveaway of his father's mixed heritage. From his Greek nose to his curly hair, to his blue-green eyes, his face is a smorgasbord of European nationalities, but it is his body that speaks Scottish. Tall, broad-shouldered, and light red hair to boot, slap him in a kilt and you have a contender in the Highland games. He is also a lot heavier than he looks, though his height of 6'4 stretches out the weight, which is roughly 310 pounds. He also has a slight overbite as a result of an oral surgery when he was younger, which asking resulted in him pronouncing the letter S with a lisp. He also unfortunately inherited his father's poor eyesight, resulting in a thick pair of glasses.

Personality: In any conversation, makes it a goal to be unsubtle. Toning down what he thinks may as well be lying, and he expects the same from others. Otherwise, he makes honest efforts to help those that need help, unless that person has pissed him off in some shape. Has no time for pleasantries, and is a tad too direct both in mannerism and conversation. Will sometimes slip and use some Scottish slang from back home, something he loathes, as others can barely understand the Gaelic jargon. Oddly, his lack of tact seems to be nonexistent in his dueling. Brushes off most failures, but that's due to his own experience with failure. It only gets to him when he knows he could do better.

Background: The son of a nurse and an primary school teacher, Leslie always did well. Not poor, not exceptional, just well. His interest in dueling sparked when he was still in kindergarten, but a group of hustlers at his school almost squashed that interest entirely. The fire would remain intended until the summer after he graduated from primary school, where he saw old reruns of the Battle City tournament. The crazy combinations, the almost endless lucky draws, and the grand scale of the monsters peaked his interest again, and he revisited the game, this time with a better understanding of the game and a sounder mind. As he battled, he added to his once generic structure deck until it was uniquely his own. However, his new-found passion for dueling saw a direct correlation to a downturn in his academics. He barely scraped by graduation, and though his parents still supported him, he felt a personal failure, as he was once a solid B student. Since then, he has tried to temper his passion, but he still joins tournaments while trying to balance college courses at Heartland University to get a degree.

Deck: Atlantean theme, with a few liberties here and there. His deck contains a high amount of monsters, as well as a few filed clearing cards. Leslie relies on being able to protect or replace his own, as long as he comes out on top. He also includes a few lesser known cards to keep his opponent on their toes.

Misc: Theme Song: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1RaG123x_wU

I love it. Accepted, and I have the perfect Number in mind for you.

I really do want to do this Roleplay, so I'll accept your conditions. I presume all cards post-Pendulum release are Pendulum-era? Does this include the Dark Magician and Blue-eyes legacy support?

As for Iori, I suppose I can switch to Brotherhood of the Fire Fist, you Superheavy Samuracistif that fits the application.

I really do want to do this Roleplay, so I'll accept your conditions. I presume all cards post-Pendulum release are Pendulum-era? Does this include the Dark Magician and Blue-eyes legacy support?

I feel as though it shouldn't so much count for that, just the archetypes and series' that were released alongside ARC-V,  the majority of which are Pendulum-centric.

As for Iori, I suppose I can switch to Brotherhood of the Fire Fist, you Superheavy Samuracistif that fits the application.

AHAHAHA! I wasn't ready for THAT.

In which case, you are so totally Accepted. I'll see about a Number for you ASAP. I think I know a good one...

Go ahead an post on the IC, then! Just update us on where you are.

Just an update.

I said this at some point, probably in the Skype Chat, but please do not control the Numbers. I will handle that so you guys can get a grasp of their personalities, then I will allow you to control them around Arc 2.

I repeat, do not make the Numbers talk in your posts. They are NPC's controlled by me for the first arc of the game. Which reminds me...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived