Number Hunters (YGO RP/PG-16/OOC/Accepting/Started)

Any other suggestions on getting rid of these lag posts, also for some reason my image link is broken no matter how I put it in :( things aren't going well for me post wise

Edit the post and put 1 word...

IGNORE

also, regarding the picture, on the imgur post, right click and click "Copy Image URL" and click the photo button on the post, then put it in.

EDIT: Okay, first save the image and post it on your imgur account, then do the thing I said

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Jacob Allister]

Name: Jacob Alister

[spoiler=Appearance] SfXrATh.jpg 

[spoiler=Personality]

Jacob is a quiet young man that, despite seldomly trying to change the topic of a conversation, always has something to say. In addition, most of his comments seem to be sarcastic remarks, which has made people in the past think he's just a jerk. In reality, Jacob is a very observative person, albeit a bit socially awkward after spending most of his childhood alone. One'd realize after short time that Jacob is a truly good person who takes care of his friends, sometimes to his expense. When dueling he tends to mumble to himself a lot, staying concentrated in the fight and managing his resources excellently. He constantly makes changes to his Deck to switch up his strategy.

[spoiler=Biography]

Raised by his father after being abandoned by his mother at an early age, Jacob's life was filled with turmoils from the very beggining. His father took to drinking near that time, and became quite a violent person. This forced Jacob to spend less and less time at home, instead wandering around aimlessly, mowing lawns and whatnot to earn the allowance his father'd never give him. With the little money he managed to save, Jacob bought his first Duel Monsters booster park, after overhearing some kids talking about the game in the park. Having a wild imagination, as any other child his age, he was awestruck at how 'cool' and 'heroic' the monsters in his cards looked, and eagerly learned how to play. Spending most of his free time trading and collecting cards, as well as forming new strategies, Jacob soon became a strong duelist, choosing a Koa'ki Meiru Deck which he manages perfectly. As soon as he was old enough to work, he left his father and has since lived alone.

Deck: Koa'ki Meiru. 

Misc: N/A

Good question. Synchro, Fusion, and Ritual Monsters are all allowed.

I am wary of using Pendulum monsters, since Yuya literally invents the concept in Arc-V, and from my knowledge, Arc-V and Zexal are different timelines created by Z-ONE's interference, Zexal leading to the Xyz Dimension that we see in Arc-V. Did I get that right? I haven't watched ARC-V yet, I'm still on Zexal II.

Anywho, I want to make sure we do stay true to some of the lore here, even if we are cutting out the major players of the anime. So no to Pendulum monsters, but the rule where only Numbers can destroy Numbers does apply.

Just feeling the need to correct something here...

Arc-V, as it seems, takes places in a completely different group of timelines compared to the other series which go DM -> GX -> 5D (Z-ONE's intervention) -> Zexal as Arc-V has characters from the show return, without any of the stuff like Meklords, Numbers or Yubel still existing. They do drop the occasional reference (see Jack's summoning for Tyrant). So yeah, Zexal and Arc-V are completely different things, like think of the DMGX5DXal time line as DC's Earth 1, while Arc-V is the Amalgam universe.

Oh, and I've a couple of semi-generic/generic ideas for Numbers if you want me to PM you them.

[spoiler=App WIP]

0YxD9d9.jpg?1
Name: Ayako Kurosawa (彩子 黒澤 lit - Desire Child, Black Marsh)
[spoiler=Appearance:]aM4V2mi.jpg

Personality: Despite how she looks, Ayako is shy outside of duels, but gets talkative when in one or watching one. She enjoys watching anime and has above average IQ for her age. When she is put under pressure she will easily make mistakes and leads into a snowball effect. Despite this she wants to make friends but has difficulty approaching people and actually distances herself from them more than she approaches people as she is afraid that she will just lose them. She can usually be found outside of classes to be aimlessly wondering around and watching any duel take she sees. Outside of the school grounds she can usually be found either at a game store, a bookshop or a library. She doesn't like load noises and has a tendency to leave if there is too much noise in one place. Despite being shy she does attempt to overcome it by taking part in large events and is wanting to become an influential figure in the duelling world.

Background
Deck: Cyber's
Misc: [spoiler=Theme]

Just have to think up a background and I'll be done.

Also any restrictions on archetypes when making a deck. For example, could I run Galaxy Soldier in Cybers or not? No real problem either way, I can jjust edit a ready made Cyber deck I have.

[spoiler=Yuria Kaneko, The Fiery Passionate Protagonist Wannabe]

lIfwpBH.png

"You better bring your A Game, or else I'll kick your ass back to next week!"

Personal Information
Name: Yuria Kaneko
[spoiler=Appearance:]A little small for someone her age, Yuria only stands at 155cm (5' 1") tall, and weighs in at a meager 50kg (110lbs). She also has a BWH ratio of 22-16-19 if measured in inches and 56-41-48 if measured in centimeters. Yuria wears her Duel Disk on her left arm, indicating that she's right handed.

sample_59d23559b65c0bba37e55f84e4e8ffbcf

[spoiler=Personality:]Not surprisingly, Yuria is a passionate young duelist, who is always eager to show the world exactly what she's capable of. She has a tendency to think with her heart first and her actual brain second, which may lead her to her fair share of troubles, but she's not afraid to dive right into the thick of things, and she has a level of bravery that's worth commending; especially for a young girl her age. Some may think that Yuria is too brave for her own good, and her natural cockiness may attest to such thoughts. But Yuria herself feels obligated to exercise her strong sense of justice whenever and wherever it needs to be applied. This bravery and sense of justice especially shows in her duels, and she's not afraid to play aggressively, even if her opponent has a way to punish her for making such plays.

However, Yuria can be rash in her judgment, and is quick to antagonize people based on first impressions alone, ignoring the big picture entirely. She is also prone to manipulation to an extent, though she'd never allowed anyone to have her commit a crime or anything evil, and that's unlikely to change any time soon... with any luck. The most worrying thing about Yuria is that she imagines herself as having "plot armor", or so she calls it, that renders her invulnerable to losing a duel regardless whether the odds are stacked against her due to the skill of her opponent at hand or a clutch draw on their end, rendering any reality checks able to hit her that much harder.

It should be noted that Yuria heavily prefers Synchro monsters over Xyz monsters, despite her Deck being more than capable of performing both these types of Summoning. Yuria is especially none too interested in collecting all the other Numbers, much unlike the other Number Holders or Hunters. To her, the Number cards are just Duel Monsters cards just like the rest of them, and she certainly doesn't understand what would drive someone to take a Number card away from its original owner. Perhaps she never will. But in any case, Yuria has made it her personal mission to return any Number that was ever stolen from someone back to their rightful owner's hands. And she'll be damned if she ever lets anyone successfully stop her from performing this noble mission. It's a mission that Yuria wants to put every ounce of her capabilities as a human being into seeing through, and with Yuria being as stubborn as anything, it will only be a matter of time before such an accomplishment is ultimately achieved.

[spoiler=Background Info:]Yuria Kaneko had grown up with abusive parents, who would often fight with one another. Some of those fights would get physical, and Yuria would always be left cowering in one corner, covering her ears while her mother, Machiko Kaneko, and her father, Keitaro Ohashi, traded blows with one another, as well as verbal attacks. Eventually, Keitaro got himself arrested for domestic violence and was sent to prison for several years, but that only enabled Machiko to turn on Yuria herself. This kept going for several years until one night, deciding that she had enough, Yuria managed to sneak outside and find her way to the house that her best friend, Utemaro Mori, lived and knocked on the door. It was Utemaro's mother, Masumi Mori, who let Yuria in, after seeing that she had been hurt and how scared she was, and showed her to where she could crash for the night. Well, at least she tried to. It turned out that Yuria couldn't sleep all that well, so she rose from the couch that she was sleeping on, and flicked on the TV to watch some anime. Masumi had noted that the TV was on but, rather than yell her head off at Yuria like Machiko would always do, Masumi calmly sat down next to Yuria and watch the anime with her. After asking her what she liked about this particular anime that she was watching, just as it was drawing to a close, Masumi had told Yuria that anyone could be the protagonist of their own lives. However, Yuria and Utemaro would find themselves waking up to a confrontation between their own individual mothers, with Machiko naturally being the aggressor of the two. She had shot Masumi once in each shoulder with a gun, threatened that those were warning shots and aimed the gun right at her temple, refusing to lower it until Yuria returned to Machiko's side. Yuria looked as though she was about to comply... but without warning, she immediately tried yank the arm that Machiko was holding her gun in. Unfortunately, this wasn't enough to save Masumi from any further harm, as Machiko ended up immediately unloading the rest of the clip in her panic, three more bullets of which grazed Masumi's left ear, and plenty of stray ones which broke the windows of the house itself.

Eventually, the police arrived to the scene to take Machiko in, and an ambulance raced to the house as well, with paramedics ready to tend to Masumi's wounds. But Masumi was bleeding too heavily by the time they got to her, and she'd lost her life before the medics were able to stabilize her in spite of their best efforts. Even worse, even though Machiko was taken to court for making such a scene, the jury had found her not guilty due to temporary insanity. They were likely bribed into reaching such a conclusion by Machiko's attorney, who was obviously greedy for victory and not afraid to play dirty. Yuria did have a small victory in that Machiko got a restraining order that disallowed her to ever see her daughter again, but it wasn't enough to ease Yuria's troubled mind. She was still angry at Machiko for ruining her life, and getting away with what was effectively murder. But it was from that point on that she decided that if she ever needed justice to be served, she'd have to serve it herself.

Dueling Information
Deck: Xicserata

Deck Info: The Xiscerata archtype consists of Level 2 or 3 Main Deck monsters and a few Rank 2 or 3 Xyz monsters, but also carries Levels 9 or higher Synchro monsters that typically require double-tuning. The Main Deck Xicseratas are actually very weak from a statistical stand-point, but they can easily swarm to make up for this, and the tuners' optional ability to be Tribute Summoned make for potent removal when combined with Soul Exchange, especially considering the pluses that come from summoning them that way. The Xicserata Xyz Monsters have a... decent level of ATK and/or DEF considering their rank, but are generally not worth Summoning over the Xicserata Synchro Monsters except in a pinch. They do however tend to give control decks the proverbial "middle finger" and, while they still have Xyz Material, are plenty capable of protecting their Synchro counterparts if need be. However, the Xicserata Synchro monsters are the real playmakers of the archtype, having high ATK and DEF as well as powerful effects orientated around battle and/or removal, and are strong against Xyz Monsters in general, ironically enough. The Xicserata Main Deck monsters are all Insects, whereas their Synchro monsters are all Machines and their Xyz monsters are all Fiends, but every single Xicserata monster is of the DARK attribute.
Signature Cards: To come
[spoiler=Custom Cards:]The entire Xicserata archetype

[spoiler=Swarming For Blood]Swarming for Blood

Normal Spell Card

Activate when your opponent controls at least 2 monsters and you control no monsters. Special Summon any number of Insect-type monsters from your Deck in Attack Position, whose combined Levels are less than or equal to the Levels or Ranks of all monsters your opponent controls. The End Phase of your turn initiates immediately after this card resolves.

[spoiler=Top Priority Tuning]Top Priority Tuning

Counter Trap Card

Activate only during your opponent's turn, when he or she activates a card effect that would remove a monster you control from the field, if you control a face-up Tuner monster. Negate that card effect, and if you do, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon 1 Synchro Monster using monsters you control.

Miscellaneous Information
Main Theme Song: Part of Me, by Katy Perry
Duel Theme Song: The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki OST: Get Over The Barrier
Ideal Voice Actresses: Maggie Flecknoe (En)/Atsuko Enomoto (Jp)
Tidbits of Trivia:
  • Yuria prefers to use her Synchros over Xyz in general; even her Number of all things. In truth, Yuria would rather not have to summon her Number at all if she can avoid it, though thankfully her Synchro monsters can handily remove the Numbers in their own accord, due to their anti-Xyz nature
  • Yuria loves watching anime and, when she takes a break from kicking people's butts at Duel Monsters, will often sit down and watch a few episodes of her favorite shows. She especially likes adventure anime, and especially the ones where the women are the main protagonists.
  • Yuria, unfortunately, is still stuck in a Duel Academy trying to make it through and get decent grades. Her written exam result need improvement, and her duel puzzle solving ability is atrocious by any standard, but her practical exam results are even better than those of the top ranking students in her school. It's these outstanding practical exam results that, more often than not, carry the rest of her grades to acceptable levels overall.

@SpasmicUnitato

True... But, there is Number 95...

wait, did I put that in Forbidden Numbers? Crap I did. Well I'll just.... * fixes subtly*

Which is totally not in the Forbidden Numbers list at all, I don't know why you would think that, HAHAHAHA.

@Admiral_Stalfos19

Great to hear, I await your application with baited breath.

The Newbie

Name: Riichi Asai
[spoiler=Appearance:] WTXYvx7.png

[spoiler=Personality:] Riichi is a friendly person, and, while able to be rather manipulative, prefers not to. He is very laid back most of the time, and isn't too self-conscious, not really caring if people think badly of him, but he tries to be as close to his friends as he can. For those who don't like him, he tries to ignore them, but he can be scathing when he loses his temper. While being a science nerd, Riichi also really enjoys sports, and, while having heard of Duel Monsters, doesn't think much of it, preferring to spend his time doing other physical activities.

Well, this was true, until he became a Number Holder.

Riichi, curious as to the special properties of his Number, began to learn and play Duel Monsters, and picked up it rather quickly. While he still can make mistakes, as he is new to the game, and is not too aware of the capabilities of other Decks, he has a good grasp on the basics of the game, and enjoys it. Riichi is interested in obtaining other numbers for the sole purpose of seeing what would happen if he collected all of them.

[spoiler=Background:] Riichi grew up as a single child to a single mother, with the wait of responsibility early on his shoulders as his dad left when he was 8. While his mother was rarely around, having to work for the both of them at first, Riichi wasn't the rebellious type, and tried to lead the best life he could to make his mother proud. While holding a bit of resentment towards his father, he was mostly a happy figure, leading him to many friends as his life went on.

As he started getting hobbies, he became the definition of "casual". Avoiding tournaments and the like, trying to play for fun rather than to win, however, while this did increase people's opinion of him, it was countered by the lack of "honor" he has for anything. He didn't really feel bound to any one particular person outside of his mother, and this got on a few people's nerves. So, not particularly liked or hated by people, just sort of...there. However, he is close to the friends that he has.

[spoiler=Deck:] A custom R9 Archetype called "Space-Cruiser". Basically machines that are either L9 or manipulate their levels to become L9, and their effects focus on being used as/being detached as Xyz Materials 

[spoiler=Misc:]Battle Theme: Slightly More Important Boss Fight
Favorite Color: Brown
Playstyle: Defensive

Archived