Pre-Fic Character Discussion

Sluggaholic

So, after some procrastination, and a lot of waiting for the year to be over, finally, Finals approach. After stepping across this threshold, a new world'll be opened to me, and freedom awaits. With this comes my need to write, mainly to keep my writing up to par with the A I now hold in my English Classes. So, I figured "why waste my time over the summer when I can WRITE!", and thus an idea was born.

With that out of the way, I'd like to welcome y'all to my board. I'll be posting my characters that I have for my upcoming Yu-Gi-Oh fanfic, "Pillars", here. I'll try to avoid posting too much info about them, so if you DO decide to read it, you'll not be spoiled. Still, I'll provide the basics (I feel) for each of the main characters.

- - - - -

[spoiler=Trenton]

Name: Trenton T. Price

M / 17 / H: 170 centimeters (~5'7") / W: 71 kilograms (~157 lbs)

Skin Info: His skin's not milky white, however, not quite brown. More of an almond colour, though on the darker side.He has very few blemishes, and those he does have go mostly unnoticeable. What he does have, however, is a curved scar stretching under his eye, and hooking towards his nose, along with perpetual bags under said eyes.

Appearance: Besides what's been described with his eyes before, they're a deep navy blue, like dark, dark jeans. While normally, they have a slight glint of humor, they're much more often seen with a icy glint of dislike. He has an easy smile, but a hard grimace, and his neutral face is naturally upset, with thick, furrowed black brows. He has short eyelashes and sunken eyes, only adding to his somewhat gaunt, and yet angry look. His nose is surprisingly soft, along with his jaw, and his ears are rounded. Though, these ears often hidden by his long, dark grey (or perhaps black) hair that's a mixture of soft and coarse, with it being rough in some areas, yet softer in others. He uses gel to spike it up to the left, while sweeping his shining bangs to his right, going a tad over his eyebrow. Other than that, he keeps his hair out of his face, letting it grow (at a maximum) to the bottom of his neck, nearly reaching his shoulders.

His shoulders are strong, but show no real signs of active work on them. He's in shape, mind you, but he hasn't worked out (seriously) a day in his life. His arms are somewhat skinny, but his chest is surprisingly broad, and his stomach flat. His legs are longer than his torso, and make up most of his height, and have pretty obvious definition to them. The flats of his feet are very calloused, though his hands are not.

He dresses business casual, and given where he lives, he dresses a little more open than what you'd expect. Choosing to not wear a vest or jacket, he often has a button-up white short-sleeved shirt and black slacks or perhaps jeans (those are the same blue as his eyes, however). He's often seen with a black cloth belt, showing more of his casual-ness and black sneakers with white highlights.

On his belt he has his Deck Box: black and white like his shoes, though it does have blue highlights. His duel disk is nothing special- it's the standard blue kind you see in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds (think of Leo's Duel Disk). The only thing remotely his own is the special emblem he has engraved on the top of it: it's a three-pointed trident with curling outer prongs that connect with the center prong to form a golden diamond; a half circle is in between the three prongs, with diagonal white cuts in it to give it the illusion of having eyes.

Deck: At the beginning of the story, he uses a specialized Penguin Deck with some of the classics (Penguin Soldier, The Great Emperor Penguin, Nopenguin), along with some of his own- the "Penguin Royalty", he calls them (Pilu, Penguin Prince, Prite, Penguin Knight, and The Penguin Emperor, Ermal). Later on in the series, he'll obtain a new set of cards and his third and final ace: this will be the Graydles and Graydle Dragon, respectfully. 

Aces: The Penguin Emperor, Ermal / Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier / Graydle Dragon

Along with this, he has one Xyz, Silent Honor Ark, though he rarely can use it, since so few of his monsters are level 4.

Personality: While generally upbeat and even a bit goofy, nowadays it's gotten harder and harder to make Trenton smile. He constantly seems to doze off, staring off into some unseeable, unfathomable abyss of some negative emotion, which has made his previously soft facial expression grow naturally harder. Not one to forgive and forget easily, Trenton's known to hold grudges against people he feels have wronged him, and will seek revenge as soon as he can. Even so, because of these wrongs done to him in the past, he has become incredibly loyal, not wanting others to feel the constant frustration and latent rage that he does. Kind to those he trusts and cares for, he'd do so much for them that it's seen as overwhelming, at times.

- - - - -

That's all for now. I plan on adding the other two main characters later, for now, I've got to do some studying.

Why is this called a discussion? What is there to discuss here? All we have is a physical description (and what can I really say about that? "A scar!? NEVER!") and a vague personality but... I mean, it's not really up to you to say "his personality is this". Personality is deep and complicated and it can grow and change as the story evolves.

Just my two cents.

Archived