Kaze’s Card of the Week (#1)

Welcome to my first Card of the Week. Each week I will look at a card that is not yet available in North America and try to give useful advice on using it when it comes out. Can’t wait for the card to come oversees? Well there will be a proxy you can print out at the end of this article that you can test yourself.

This weeks card is: Chrysalis Party! (a.k.a Cocoon Party)

312px-ChrysalisPartyTAEV-JP-C.jpgChrysalisParty.jpg

I know most of you are seeing this and thinking: “Not more crappy Neo-Spacian support”. But this card is a lot better than most might think. I chose to review this card on the fact that it can flood your field giving you an instant +4 advantage over your opponent. There’s a number of different strategies you can use in order to turn this group of cocoons, into victory! But before that, we need to look at getting “Neo-Spacians” to the Graveyard.

1) Setting up the field.

-For those of you are not playing in Advance Format, the most obvious choice to use would be a painful one, Painful Choice. However, for those of you like me who enjoy playing in Advance Format, it will be a tad harder. With Card Troopers in such high demand, if you’re lucky enough to get one, throw it in the deck.

-The next easiest way to get the spacians to your grave is to discard them. You’re about to get a +4 boost from Chrysalis Party, so don’t be afraid to use cards like Magical Shard Excavation(-2).

If you don’t want to lose any advantage you might have, throw in 1 to 3 Lightning Vortex. Even Neo-Spacian Aqua Dolphin can help discard cards.

-Alternatively to all that, you could just play them on the field and wait for them to be destroyed.

2) Using the card to the fullest.

-Say you now have 5 different Chrysalis on the field (You made proxies...). The absolute first thing you should do is switch as many as you can for whatever Spacian counterparts are left in your deck. Remember, you need Neo Space to activate this effect. If there aren’t any, use Pot of Avarice to put them back. What come next depends on the situation:

a) You were able to bring out either Air Humming Bird or Aqua Dolphin. As soon as they hit the field, activate their effects. Also, if Dark Panther is on the field, you can use their effects again by Creature Swap-ping either of the two to your opponent and copy their abilities. After using everyone’s effect, use either your newly obtained monster or Dark panther to destroy the opponent’s Spacian and have all your monsters pile up on him.

b) With all these monsters on your field, it’s about time you gave 1 some extra ATK to barrel through all your opponent’s defensives. United We Stand will increase the ATK of the equipped monster by 4000! This is especially good if you control Aqua Dolphin on the field.

c) Say you were able to get 2 Neo-Spacians on the field, that still leaves you with 3 Chrysalis monsters. What do you do with these? Tribute them for stronger monsters. More competitive players out there may use Monarchs, but you could use Neos too. Summon Neos to the field and fuse him with any of your Spacians. Another alternative is that you could have played a Destiny Hero monster before using Chrysalis Party. Then, you could tribute it and 2 other monsters to summon Destiny Hero Dogma.

So, as you can see, the main bases of this strategy is to gain field advantage over your opponent and finish him off by bringing out a strong monster (Tribute for it, take it from your opponent, use United We Stand, etc.) and having the rest of your monsters pile up on his Life Points.

3) Deck Construction

This is a short list of cards you should include on your deck along with your choice of Chrysalis and Neo-Spacians.

3 Card Trooper (Optional)

2 Elemental Hero Neos (or Monarchs)

3 Neo Space

3 Lightning Vorex

2 Creature Swap

1 Magical Shard Excavation

1 Pot of Avarice

1 United We Stand

Throw in the generic staples that every player uses along with the Spacian/Chrysalis and you have a deck.

I hope you all enjoyed my review. The second installment will be posted next week when we’ll be looking at Gandora the Dragon of Destruction. See you next time!

Awesome review! I really like that Gandora card, so I can't wait to see that one too.

I hope you enjoy it next week.

Incorrect.

It will be released in English a week or so after it's released over there (And it's not out there yet.)

Therefore it is TCG.

Why don't you do a report on good OCG stuff? Try Gorz.

I'm sorry, I included "OCG" because there was already something called "Card of the Week". Is there a better name you can recommend for me weekly articles?

i now good card review and great deck advice thxs

but dont try to copy my format change uit up a liltle bit

What do you mean? I read your review on Fire Princess and all it was was one extended paragraph. What "format" am I copying?

Awesome review! I really like that Gandora card' date=' so I can't wait to see that one too.[/quote']

Incorrect.

It will be released in English a week or so after it's released over there (And it's not out there yet.)

Therefore it is TCG.

I'm sorry, I included "OCG" because there was already something called "Card of the Week". Is there a better name you can recommend for me weekly articles?

Kaze's card of the week.

And stop arguing "I got there first, so I should be the main one." Quiet.

Kaze does his own and Cyberdude does his own.

Although Kaze's is much better imo, as he actually UNDERSTANDS the card he does.

Awesome review! I really like that Gandora card' date=' so I can't wait to see that one too.[/quote']

Incorrect.

Therefore it is TCG.

Kaze's card of the week.

And stop arguing "I got there first, so I should be the main one." Quiet.

Kaze does his own and Cyberdude does his own.

Although Kaze's is much better imo, as he actually UNDERSTANDS the card he does.

Thanks, but I thought we were arguing wether I "plagerised" his reviewing format or not. I have no problem who was here first.

Archived