Live-Action Beauty and the Beast

Shradow

We got a teaser trailer.

I hope Disney doesn't mess this up (I don't think they will, it's Disney, there's just that stigma about live-action adaptions), it looks really cool so far. I'm always glad to see more Emma Watson, too, she should be a good Belle. We've also got people like Ian McKellen as Cogsworth, Ewan McGregor as Lumiere, Kevin Kline as Maurice, and Stanley Tucci as a new character Cadenza, so at least the cast is exciting.

• 3 months later...

We got more news (and some images!) of the movie!

comparing the casts

Lumiere

fxeqcae0bktqrsmength.jpg

Original voice actor: Jerry Orbach

2017 actor: Ewan McGregor

We still aren't seeing Lumiere's human-like form, but his candlestick design is already far more intricate than his 1991 animated counterpart.

Cogsworth

vx950djbw9bmdebzsxrp.jpg

Original voice actor: David Ogden Stiers

2017 actor: Ian McKellen

Cogsworth's face shows a nice, maybe even snarky personality. From the brief snippet of audio we heard in the teaser trailer, I'm already sold on Sir Ian McKellen's portrayal.

Prince Adam

zz0mze34nplofi4x8ocb.jpg

Original voice actor: Robby Benson

2017 actor: Dan Stevens

Dan Stevens is looking pretty tame in this behind-the-scenes photo of Prince Adam. I hope he'll be able to unleash this inner monster when portraying the Beast!

Gaston and Le Fou

henpw4uozzrfdpxsvm3w.jpg

Original voice actors: Richard White and Jesse Corti

2017 actors: Luke Evans and Josh Gad

While not in costume, these two costars seem to have become even closer than their animated characters while filming. This is the new bromance movie I never knew I wanted.

Belle

dqownifypfszjobhyhaz.jpg

Original voice actress: Paige O'Hara

2017 actress: Emma Watson

Emma Watson has always been like a real life Disney Princess in my eyes, so it'll be fantastic to see her officially step into the role, not to mention into that gorgeous golden ballgown.

• 2 months later...

Archived