most broken card of yugioh

which card do you think is the most broken card in yugioh?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. which card do you think is the most broken card in yugioh?

• Chaos Emperor Dragon,Envoy of the End
    • Black Luster Soldier,Envoy of the Begining
    • Chimeratech Overdragon
    • Armitael,Phatasm of Chaos
    • none of the above

NO! NO DISCUSSION OF BANNED CARDS IS COMPLETE WITHOUT BEWD AND EXODIA!

Actually' date=' one of Atem's lists features a banned Exodia head.

sorry but like i said earlier.....Skill Drain blows CED Away.....

Why yes, I think I WILL summon CED before nuking your field with one of the various nuke cards that Traditional Format has to offer.

It's a pro move.

any monster card you deem worthy of being called broken is useless against a skill drain

Makyura the Destructor. Gorz' date=' Emissary of Darkness. Sangan. Treeborn Frog. Witch of the Black Forest. Off the top of my head, those are five banworthy monster cards that cannot be negated by Skill Drain.

which proves just how broken it really is

By this logic, Solemn Judgment, Dark Bribe, and Divine Wrath should all be banned.

especially in a starting hand and if you have 3 of it....

Outside of FTKs' date=' cards are no more broken in the starting hand than they are at any other time of the duel.

meanwhile only mst and heavy can decimate it.....and we can only run 1 of each...

Those are the only s/t removal cards in the game? When did this happen?

that still leaves 1 more skill left...

Because everyone draws all three copies of a single card during the course of the average duel' date=' right?

and not many people run DMOC

Since when?

and faith was banned

Unjustly.

Tell me, are you consciously trying to mask your inability to string together a complete sentence by placing an ellipsis after every five words you type, or does it happen automatically?

Now, here's what you're missing: since it affects both players, Skill Drain needs the entire deck to be built around it, which limits that deck's monster options from the start: you've got Cydra, Exiled Force, Sangan, and not a whole lot else. If you don't happen to draw Skill Drain - remember, Skill Drain isn't searchable, so you're relying on a 3/40 draw - your opponent has a major advantage thanks to the variety of effect monsters available to them, compared to your limited selection. Even if you do draw Skill Drain, you've done little more than equalize the playing field. The only way Skill Drain can even be decent is if it's in a specially constructed Skill Drain Oppression Bushi, and that deck is far from broken.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skill drain negates negative effects too, so you can put Giant Kozaky in a Skill Drain deck. And I can't believe none of you have mentioned Vennominaga! Unaffected by effects, tons of ATK (usually), and if it's beat in battle it can easily come back (albeit weaker)! And that's the weak part of it. If it inflicts battle damage, it gets a Hyper-Venom counter. If it gets 3, YOU WIN THE DUEL. How can you say that's not broken?

Skill drain negates negative effects too' date=' so you can put Giant Kozaky in a Skill Drain deck.

[/quote']

Yes, and he sucks there too. Or did the game suddenly start being about LOL ATK?

And I can't believe none of you have mentioned Vennominaga! Unaffected by effects' date=' tons of ATK (usually), and if it's beat in battle it can easily come back (albeit weaker)! And that's the weak part of it. If it inflicts battle damage, it gets a Hyper-Venom counter. If it gets 3, YOU WIN THE DUEL. How can you say that's not broken?

[/quote']

Because it can't be summoned with anything even coming close to resembling consistency?

Skill drain negates negative effects too' date=' so you can put Giant Kozaky in a Skill Drain deck.

[/quote']

Yes, and he sucks there too. Or did the game suddenly start being about LOL ATK?

Skill drain decks are ALWAYS about LOL ATK.

And I can't believe none of you have mentioned Vennominaga! Unaffected by effects' date=' tons of ATK (usually), and if it's beat in battle it can easily come back (albeit weaker)! And that's the weak part of it. If it inflicts battle damage, it gets a Hyper-Venom counter. If it gets 3, YOU WIN THE DUEL. How can you say that's not broken?

[/quote']

Because it can't be summoned with anything even coming close to resembling consistency?

Since when was that a requirement in this thread?

[/quote']

No, BAD Skill Drain decks are about LOL ATK. Good Skill Drain decks use monsters whose effects work even in the presence of Skill Drain - Exiled Force, for example - and are generally control decks used to shut down the opponent's strategies.

[/quote']

Ease and consistency of use is a factor when it comes to how broken a card is.

[/quote']

No, BAD Skill Drain decks are about LOL ATK. Good Skill Drain decks use monsters whose effects work even in the presence of Skill Drain - Exiled Force, for example - and are generally control decks used to shut down the opponent's strategies.

Exiled force's effect requires you to tribute it. That happens while it's face-up on the field. Skill Drain negates the effects of cards that are face-up on the field. Do the math.

[/quote']

Ease and consistency of use is a factor when it comes to how broken a card is.

Okay then.

[/quote']

Exiled force's effect requires you to tribute it. That happens while it's face-up on the field. Skill Drain negates the effects of cards that are face-up on the field. Do the math.

Skill Drain only negates the effects; you can still pay costs. Tributing Exiled Force is a cost. When Exiled Force resolves, it is in the graveyard, and so is unaffected by Skill Drain. Do the math.

[/quote']

Skill Drain only negates the effects; you can still pay costs. Tributing Exiled Force is a cost. When Exiled Force resolves, it is in the graveyard, and so is unaffected by Skill Drain. Do the math.

*Gets his abacus out* *Click, click, click, click* I see... I forgot about the whole cost/condition/effect thing. But still, why not put those Skill Drain proof monsters AND high ATK monsters with negative effects in?

[/quote']

*Gets his abacus out* *Click, click, click, click* I see... I forgot about the whole cost/condition/effect thing. But still, why not put those Skill Drain proof monsters AND high ATK monsters with negative effects in?

Two reasons:

1) Even when Skill Drain is on the field, ATK is still LOL ATK.

2) High-ATK monsters with negative effects are essentially dead draws if you can't draw Skill Drain. That's where consistency comes in. Stuff like Exiled Force works at any time.

[/quote']

Two reasons:

1) Even when Skill Drain is on the field, ATK is still LOL ATK.

2) High-ATK monsters with negative effects are essentially dead draws if you can't draw Skill Drain. That's where consistency comes in. Stuff like Exiled Force works at any time.

hahahahaha!!! giant kozaky on the field while skill drain is active...

LOL giant kozaky attacks!!

LOL MST over skill drain as a chain!!

LOL giant kozaky destroyed!!

LOL 2500 damage to you!!

LOL BAD SKILL DRAIN'S DECKS!!

my money is with crab on this one...

Archived