Tombraizer Archetype (13/?)

mr. waifu

Yologioh!

Hello everyone, and welcome to the complete opposite of Gravekeepers. The Archetype focuses on "Raizing" dead monsters to either activate effects or a reward for an effect.

[spoiler=Monsters]

Tombraizer Deity

DARK Lv. 1

800 / 0

Zombie / Effect

Once per turn, if you control a "Tombraizer" monster and this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card in defense position. You can not Special Summon any other monsters the turn you activate this effect, except "Tombraizer" monsters. If this card is sent to the Graveyard because it was sent there for a Fusion Summon, you can target 1 "Tombraizer" monster in your Graveyard: Special Summon it.

Tombraizer Phoenix

DARK Lv. 3

1400 / 1200

Zombie / Effect

If this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, you can target 1 non-Fusion "Tombraizer" monster in your Graveyard, except "Tombraizer Phoenix": Special Summon it in defense position. Once per turn, you can Tribute this card and 1 other "Tombraizer" monster: Special Summon 1 "Tombraizer" Fusion monster from your Graveyard, whose level is equal or higher then this and the Tributed card's combined level (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon).

Tombraizer Gardna

DARK Lv. 4

0 / 2000

Zombie / Effect

If this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, you can increase this card's DEF by 500. Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 "Tombraizer" non-Fusion monster from your Graveyard, except "Tombraizer Gardna". During the End Phase, if this effect was activated this turn, destroy this card.

Tombraizer Necromancer

DARK Lv. 3

1700 / 300

Zombie / Effect

Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 "Tombraizer" monster from your Graveyard. You can not Special Summon any other monsters during the turn you activate this effect, except "Tombraizer" monsters, also, this card and the Special Summoned monster can not attack this turn. If this card is sent to the Graveyard for a Fusion Summon, you can send 1 Fusion monster from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard; draw 1 card.

Tombraizer Fusioneer

DARK Lv. 4

0 / 0

Zombie / Effect

Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 "Tombraizer" Fusion monster from your Graveyard, by Tributing monsters you control whose total levels equal or exceed the Fusion monster's level (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon). You can not Special Summon any other monsters the turn you activate this effect, except "Tombraizer" monsters.

Tombraizer Spy

DARK Lv. 2

1000 / 200

Zombie / Effect

During your End Phase, if you did not Synchro or Xyz Summon a monster this turn and this card is in attack position, you can target 1 "Tombraizer" monster in your Graveyard, except "Tombraizer Spy": Special Summon it, and if you do, change this card to defense position. When you Special Summon a monster a monster from the Graveyard while this card is in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card, but destroy it during the End Phase. You can only use each effect of "Tombraizer Spy" once per turn.

Tombraizer Exalter

DARK Lv. 3

1500 / 1500

Zombie / Effect

If this card is used as Fusion Material, it can count as a level 5 monster. When you Fusion Summon a "Tombraizer" monster, you can send 1 "Tombraizer" Fusion monster from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard: Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, but destroy it during the End Phase.

[spoiler=Spells/Traps]

Tombraizer Fusion

Quick-Play Spell

This card can be used to Special Summon any 1 "Tombraizer" Fusion monster from your Graveyard, by Tributing monsters you control as the Fusion Materials, if their combined levels equal or exceed the Fusion monster's level (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon). If this card is in your Graveyard, you can banish it: Special Summon 1 non-Fusion "Tombraizer" monster from your Graveyard, but it can not be used as Synchro or Xyz Material.

Tombraizer Preparation

Normal Spell

Send 1 "Fusion" monster from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard: Add 1 "Tombraizer Fusion" from your Deck to hand, and then you can add 1 "Tombraizer" monster from your Deck to your hand.

Tombraizer Formation

Normal Trap

Tribute 2 "Tombraizer" monsters: Special Summon 1 "Tombraizer" Fusion monster from your Graveyard, whose level is equal or less then the combined levels of the Tributed monsters (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon). Then, you can Special Summon 1 "Tombraizer" Fusion monster from your Graveyard, but it can not attack or be used as Synchro or Xyz Material.

[spoiler=Fusions]

Tombraizer - Rot

DARK Lv. 5

2300 / 2000

Zombie / Fusion / Effect

Must be Fusion Summoned from the Graveyard by a card effect.

When this card is Fusion Summoned, you can equip 1 "Tombraizer" Fusion monster from Extra Deck to this card. If this card would be destroyed; destroy the equipped card instead, also, this can no longer be destroyed until the end of the turn. During your Standby Phase, if the equipped monster is in the Graveyard: You can Special Summon it, but it can not attack, also, send 1 monster from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard.

Tombraizer - Decay

DARK Lv. 5

1500 / 2500

Zombie / Fuison / Effect

Once per turn, you can target 1 "Tombraizer" Fusion monster in your Graveyard. During the End Phase, you can Special Summon that card by Tributing this and 1 other monster whose total levels equal or exceed the Fusion monster's level (This Special Summon is treated as Fusion Summon). If you do, it is unaffected by other monsters' effects, also, if it would be destroyed, you can decrease it's level by 5 instead, but it can not attack.

Tombraizer - Ghoul

DARK Lv. 10

3000 / 2400

Zombie / Fusion / Effect

If this card was Special Summoned during the End Phase: You can change it to the Main Phase 2. Every time a "Tombraizer" monster is Special Summoned: You can target 1 "Tombraizer" card in your Graveyard: Add it to your hand, and if you do, send 1 "Tombraizer" Fusion monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. Once per turn, you can target 1 "Tombraizer" monster in your Graveyard: Special Summon it, but it fan not attack or be used as Synchro or Fusion Material.

Cool.

Deity needs to have a place to Special Summon from. Without it, it’s hard to size up his effect. The special summon clause may hamper you a bit for getting out a monster that weak, but I haven’t read the other cards yet, so perhaps it does do something strong. I find that its float can help you prolong your combos a bit, which leads me to believe the deck would OTK well. The DARK attribute and Zombie-type helps this, since both have a good deal of support.

Phoenix in conjunction with Deity can cause many loops. Neither of them have a once per turn clause, so while one free extra fusion is okay, infinite ones are not. Also, its effect should require you Special Summon a Fusion Monster, and I don’t believe you can exactly make a fusion summon from Grave work, but I’m not certain of that ruling. All in all, I see crazy potency with this card.

Gardna’s first effect is basically useless, but its free summon lets you turn the Phoenix loop into a +2, which is a bigass no-no. Sure, it takes investment, but investment in a really easy place to fill up (see Foolish Burial, Mathematician, Armageddon Knight, and Uni-Zombie). I would have preferred it had more of a “Gardna” effect rather than just being a free summon. This one could use some work.

Can’t these all be considered Necromancers?
OT: Free summoning in this deck severely bothers me. Since there are no costs, they come out really easily from a place that’s easy to fill up as I mentioned earlier. The clauses help, but depending on what you have to Fusion Summon, that might be a concern. Not to mention he lets you float for filling your Graveyard. Hay papi.

Fusioneer is the same thing as Phoenix in a way, so it’s not particularly important, except for that level 4. 1 might be fine, to be honest. Its effect just does what a fusion spell can do, and it doesn’t have an inherent summon, which would slow down the apparent engine this deck has with its free grave summons.

Spy is probably nice to have in grave for when you need to make a fusion monster, since it free summons itself without reliance on any other cards. The first effect is pretty slow, since by the end phase you’ll have to rely on quickplay stuff to fusion summon.

Exalter is quite a thing that exists. With him, Fusioneer, and Deity, it’s an instant Ghoul. He also fills up your Grave with extra deck guys for more summons and then summons himself, which…….yeah, we get it, your deck summons a lot. Reminds me of burning abyss but with no Nomi Clauses.

speak of the devil, here’s the quickplay fusion I was talking about. While it’s definitely different, it’s not particularly balanced, since you can poke with all your little guys and then fusion summon. Unfortunately, though, I find that the only card that consistently fills your Grave with fusion monsters other than a select few would be…Gale Dogra. Oh, and hey, it’s a free summon. Lots of card economy here.

Preparation….what? It can technically work, but it’s not even remotely flavorful or sense-making. Not to mention it’s ideally a free +1, and if you were going for a Tombraizer fusion to send to the Grave, it’d be a +3.
You should try and stay away from making 1-2 key combo pieces in your deck. I tried it, it’s a hassle sometimes, unless they’re searchable, which (unless I missed something) this isn’t.

>disintisect formation
who you tryna fool with this
OT: So it’s a +2+x as well? Summoning a small fusion and then bringing out your biggest one seems like a good trade-off for your piddly little zombies that’ll just come back to be fused again. This HAS to have an OTK.

Ah, so the fusions are as low leveled as I feared.
You still need to write the fusion materials for the fusion monsters. The fusion cost you have written should go in the actual effect. Rot sure speeds things up a bit, but I give you credit for creativity. Pulling off this one Fusion Summon will probably give you your Wincon later on, since you could probably make Ghoul turn 1 with enough resources. 

Decay is interesting. I’m bothered by the word “unaffected” without a temporal clause anywhere, but maybe that’s just me. You’d only use it to make Ghoul, obviously, but maybe it could end up being a tag-out for something. 

what the funk is Ghoul
mmkay so he turns back time so that you can do………….what, exactly? You won’t gain another NS, I believe, so that’s not a big deal, just super weird. He’s also plus city, since he only gives you advantage, and summons you Xyz fodder, which you probably won’t pull off too often given your other clauses. 

I observed that this deck has no removal, and often doesn’t do much attacking. That gives it a weakness, but it might be too much of a weakness. It’s obviously got some great stuff summoning-wise, but it’s lacking in the removal and attacks department, both of which are needed for an Aggro Deck, which this appears to be. 

Don’t give up

Archived