Cars 3

So new details are starting to surface about Cars 3, and I'm kind of intrigued by the latest information about it. Here's what an article says

In case you’ve forgotten, Disney and Pixar Animation still have Cars 3 on the way to theaters. With Finding Dory coming to theaters in June, I wouldn’t be surprised if some kind of short teaser trailer debuted with that Pixar sequel in order to get families excited about the return of Lightning McQueen (Owen Wilson) and his trusty tow truck sidekick Mater (Larry the Cable Guy).

But when Cars 3 arrives next summer, Mater won’t be the only friend that Lightning McQueen has on the road. Some new concept art and details about the animated sequel introduce us to a new character, one who will help Lightning McQueen adapt to the fast-changing world of racing that seems to be leaving him behind as newer, more high-tech cars start leaving him in the dust.

See the Cars 3 concept art and learn more about the new character after the jump.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The car on the right in both images is Lightning McQueen, but who is that other car with him? The newspaper reveals the yellow car is named Cruz Ramirez, a young Hispanic female race car who is tasked with training McQueen in order to help him stay competitive in the racing world. Could this be the Rocky Balboa of the Cars franchise?

• 2 weeks later...

But when Cars 3 arrives next summer, Mater won’t be the only friend that Lightning McQueen has on the road. Some new concept art and details about the animated sequel introduce us to a new character, one who will help Lightning McQueen adapt to the fast-changing world of racing that seems to be leaving him behind as newer, more high-tech cars start leaving him in the dust.

Interesting, I think there will be a battle between Mater and the female car for true friendship, and the clash of different ages, one antique, one modern.......

The story line should be interesting enough, considering we are moving to a technology based era....

Archived