◇ Void’s Spliced Card Artwork Gallery ◇

◇ Void ◇

◇ Void’s Spliced Card Artwork Gallery ◇

This is a selection of card artworks I have produced for Yu-Gi-Oh cards, by splicing together either artworks from the card game, the franchises other media and fan sources. Each image has a little background behind it, and will tell you what assets I used.

You may use these for your own custom cards, but as always, you must provide credit for doing so. This would include linking back to this thread. Other than that, enjoy.

[spoiler= Batch 1: Magnus Artworks + Codex of Shadows & Misc]

#1 – Magnus Twilight Sorcerer

2AuDcpF.png

This was the very first one, and you can tell by the basic editing. I don’t know why I did make it: I guess I was bored and fancied playing around with Photoshop. I used Chaos Command Magician as a base, using elements from Sorcerer of Dark Magic and Endymion, the Master Magician.

#2 – Magnus Witch of Dawn

m1aWFZR.png

After completed Twilight Sorcerer, I felt a bit more confident with my skills, and decided to make a female equivalent to the previous one. I used Silent Magician LV8 as a base (A card I have loved since using it as my ace in Nightmare Troubador!), then introduced elements of Chaos Command Magician, Dark Magician of Chaos and Dark Eradicator Warlock. This artwork also introduced the “Magnus Ring” element for the Magnus Artworks, which I later retroactively introduced to Twilight Sorcerer.

#3 – Magnus Dusk Illusionist

fKtg5Ll.png

You might recognise this one as the most iconic, as I do use it as my avatar. I used a base of Blast Magician, the introduced bits of Dark Eradicator Warlock, Sorcerer of Dark Magic, Breaker the Magician Warrior and Doomstar Magician. I’m actually torn between this and Witch of Dawn as being my best work.

#4 –Magnus, Origin of the Spellcasters

msd3lOe.png

After creating the Magnus Trio, I felt compelled to do 2 more cards for the set: An ace fusion monster, and the ritual spell. Magnus became that ace, and was inspired by the First of the Dragons card. I took Sorcerer of Dark Magic as a base, then used parts of Legendary Magician of Dark, Gravekeeper Descendent, Arcanite Magician/Assault Mode, Rapid Fire Magician and Vylon Soldier. I also used the anime field spell Power Zone for his background. After finishing him, I got him, Dusk Illusionist and Witch of Dawn printed into Orcias.

#5 – Conjuring of the Ancient Magnus

5N87Qub.png

This ritual artwork was a simple job. I just used the latest promotional render of Dark Magician for the movie, slapped a few energy beams I learned to do from a tutorial, and 3 of the Magnus Rings. Not much to say other then you could use this for new Dark Magician support.  (Like he hasn’t getting enough of it yet!)

#6 – “Imperial Luster Dragon”

I8vst04.png

I left doing artworks for some time after finishing the Mangus architype, before returning. I was a bit rusty, and felt disappointed after completing this attempt of a fusion monster design that would have involved the Luster Dragon normal monsters if I had made the card. I did not even use them as a base, instead using Hieratic Dragon King of Atum, alongside bits of Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon, Rainbow Dragon, Shooting Quasar Dragon, Red Eyes Darkness Dragon and Majestic Stardust Dragon. I also recycled Mausoleum of the Emperor as a background.

#7 – Quantum Cube

qbElGcG.png

I found this nice fan art for Dark Side of Dimensions and had to produce a card from it, so I spliced out and repaired the Quantum Cube, then created a bright background by using some of the anime screenshot’s in Kyng’s artwork dump.

#8 – Codex of Shadow Alchemy

oKBALiw.png

I recycled the coloured version of the Millennium Tome I used for the logo I made for the Codex of Shadows RP, then created a silhouette of Zorc from the famous millennium world cover featuring him and Yami Bakura. The background was just recycled from Magnus Dusk Illusionist.

#9 – Shattered Treasure

olNUaQq.png

I saw this screenshot from the Dark Side of Dimensions and had to use it. Just some oil filtering and touch ups used here.

#10 – Divine Lithograph

A4ZR4Ee.png

Starting out as an experiment with the oil painting feature, I extracted shots from the Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium World manga and the Dark Side of Dimensions to recreate the Shrine to the Underworld as a card art. It also let me try out using my new tablet on creating godray effects, which bring out this piece.

#11 – Horakhty’s Disciple

Jj6WUN9.png

Wanting to create a better replacement for Ra’s Disciple, I soon discovered these fantastic cosplays of Ma’at and Horakhty on Devientart by GT-18. By using the oil painting features and another anime background from the Kyng dump, I find this to be a fantastic piece.

Nice creativity and ideas but lacks a bit of quality. Keep training and it'll be awesome.

Personnal favourite :

msd3lOe.png

A bit too blurry and I'm not a fan of that rainbow-pastel thingy, lightnings are weirds and the energy ball too, but the concept is really nice and the composition works well, and it's visible you put effort on this ;)

Overall pretty nice art and effort combining various artworks from various sites into one piece, colors are quite vibrant and diverse, experiment with different effects for the best outcome.....

Personally, the one I find interesting is the Quantum Cube and Lithograph which requires some technique to recycle....

The rainbow inscriptions gives a contrast to the background, which is quite interesting indeed

Keep up the good work....

Archived