[MtG] [Pauper] Inspector Gadget (Kuldotha Boros)

Creature (12)
4 Glint Hawk
4 Kor Skyfisher
4 Thraben Inspector

Spells (28)
4 Alchemist's Vial
4 Galvanic Blast
4 Ichor Wellspring
4 Kuldotha Rebirth
4 Lightning Bolt
3 Journey to Nowhere
2 Bonesplitter
2 Expose Evil
1 Angelic Purge

Lands (20)
4 Ancient Den
4 Great Furnace
4 Plains
4 Wind-Scarred Crag
2 Mountain
2 Radiant Fountain

Kuldotha decks in Pauper are all about building up card advantage. Drop artifacts, bounce/sac them to Kor Skyfisher and Kuldotha Rebirth, then replay them. Ride the value train straight to the win. Deck remains to be tested, but a few points of interest that separate this from the normal Jeskai/Boros build:

Expose Evil: Investigate is a really strong mechanic in this deck, as shown by Thraben Inspector, and I wanted to beef up its in-clue-sion (heh) a bit more. These may get swapped out when EMN drops if investigate remains a thing there.

Alchemist's Vial: Not having Mulldrifters means I'm not worried so much about color fixing, so no need for Prophetic Prisms. The Vials occupy the same CMC slot and cantrip, while offering a more direct impact on board state.

Angelic Purge: Got this idea from the MTGGoldfish article about the deck. While they played 2-3 iirc, 1 seems good for the mainboard and an extra copy should fare in the SB.

Cards under mainboard consideration:

• Firebolt

• Kor Sanctifiers

• Remember the Fallen

• Serrated Arrows

I like the use of clues in this deck. I'm not a huge fan of expose evil. I'd rather just play more burn than soft removal. Don't play Serrated Arrows. You only play that card if your deck desperately needs removal and you can't find any good spells in your color.

Archived