Money In The Bank 2016!

Face McShooty

Official_poster_for_Money_In_The_Bank_20

Quite possibly the best PPV since Wrestlemania, on paper we've got 10 matches that will potentially steal the show, 4 match in particular WILL steal it; I will let you decide which 4 I believe will steal the show.

[spoiler=Kickoff Show]

20160617_MITB_Match_RtruthBreeze--7f2831

Golden Truth (Goldust & R-Truth) vs Breezango (Tyler Breeze & Fandango)

The rivalry between The Golden Truth and Breezango heats up this Sunday when the two teams meet head-on on the WWE Money in the Bank Kickoff. What remains to be seen is just what condition Tyler Breeze & Fandango will be in after Goldust & R-Truth’s hijinks last Monday.

Breezango’s plan to ensure fully bronzed bods backfired on the Raw Pre-Show thanks to The Golden Truth tinkering with the tanning bed. As a result of the mishap, Breeze & Fandango’s bromance turned sunburnt, and WWE fans saw the two Superstars walking very gingerly later that night on WWE’s Snapchat.

With their egos bruised and their skin scabby, Breezango will be out for revenge against their bitter enemies. Goldust & Truth are nothing if not veterans, however, and if any two Superstars can exploit Fandango & Breeze’s anger and use it against them, it’s The Golden Truth.

My Take: Will this feud ever end? When this really started, and Breeze started teaming with Truth and Fandango with Goldust, I knew these 2 teams would be the end result.. but this feud needs to die, all 4 are extremely talented, and deserve better. If one or both of these teams aren't in a tag title match by the Royal Rumble, I'd say it's time to split up both teams and either release them or push them for a singles title.

My Prediction: Golden Truth

20160617_MITB_Match_DolphBaron--e4260c22

The Lucha Dragons (Kalisto & Sin Cara) vs The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray & D-Von Dudley)

With both tandems eying to move up the ranks of WWE’s crowded Tag Team division, The Lucha Dragons and The Dudley Boyz will clash this Sunday on the WWE Money in the Bank Kickoff.

The pivotal matchup occurs the same night that WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day are set to face three sets of challengers, underscoring just how competitive WWE’s tandems are.

Kalisto & Sin Cara sacrifice size, strength and experience to Bubba Ray & D-Von Dudley, who are the most decorated tag team in sports-entertainment history. Yet, the WWE Universe has seen the two masked high-flyers zip past larger foes before, and few teams can keep up with the Dragons’ speed, agility and offensive innovation. Would a victory at WWE Money in the Bank move the thrilling pair into contendership, regardless of who holds the titles at the end of the night?

The Dudleys, meanwhile, are intent on reminding WWE’s other tandems exactly how they came to be one of the most dominant duos of all time. Will the Extreme Originals view their match against Kalisto & Sin Cara as an opportunity to make a statement?

My Take: This match was made from nowhere, but I'm excited to see if WWE will capitalize on either Sin Cara finally turning heel or The Dudley Boyz splitting up, I wouldn't be mad either way.

My Prediction: If neither of the splits happen, I think we will see the Dudleyz win. If Sin Cara turns heel and leaves Kalisto, Kalisto will manage to pull out a win. If the Dudley Boyz split, D-Von will be left in the ring as Bubba goes to the back and the Dragons win.

[spoiler=Main Card]

20160613_MITB_Match_ApolloCrewsSheamus--

Apollo Crews vs Sheamus

If Sheamus thought the Superstars of WWE’s New Era were afraid of a fight, he has another thing coming. On this Sunday’s Money in the Bank, WWE rookie Apollo Crews will rise to the challenge of the hard-hitting Celtic Warrior and look to silence the well-established bully, as announced on WWE’s Twitter.

The destructive Dubliner declared war on WWE’s New Era after losing to Sami Zayn in a Money in the Bank Qualifying Match last month. Irate over the loss, Sheamus took out his frustrations on Crews, tossing the jacked newcomer around the interview area backstage while bemoaning WWE’s much-ballyhooed infusion of new talent. The backstage ambush likely contributed to Crews’ own loss in a Money in the Bank qualifier match later that night against Chris Jericho.

Heeding the words of one of WWE’s most experienced Superstars, Big Show, the boulder-shouldered newcomer from Stone Mountain, Georgia, showed no fear the next time he encountered Sheamus. As The Celtic Warrior bragged to other Superstars about his role in the summer blockbuster “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows,” Crews confronted the former WWE World Heavyweight Champion and promptly put him on his backside with a clubbing blow.

Now, the two Superstars are headed for a collision on the Kickoff. Whether Sheamus truly feels threatened by the emergence of New Era Superstars — as Big Show alleges — is unknown, but The Celtic Warrior’s might is not. Will Sheamus’ full-speed-ahead fisticuffs and ample experience under the bright lights give him the edge against Crews? Or can the five-tool player earn the most pivotal victory of his young career, giving the entire New Era a symbolic win in the process?

My Take: Good to see they are finally doing this New Era vs Old Era feud... but why is Sheamus representing the Old Era? I like Sheamus but I think Crews should be going up against someone else, someone who isn't on the match card, maybe for the Intercontinental Championship. Despite my lack of excitement for Sheamus being in this match, I think it'll be a great match and a showcase of both talents.

My Prediction: Big Show will interfere, costing Crews his match, turning Show heel for the 1,000,000th time

20160608_MITB_Match_DolphBaron--331b824d

Dolph Ziggler vs Baron Corbin

Given that Dolph Ziggler and Baron Corbin’s rivalry began with a face-plant on the floor and progressed to include a pair of low-blows and a vow of ultimate destruction on The Lone Wolf’s part, where could the two Superstars possibly go from here? Well, at Money in the Bank, we’re about to find out.

That’s right: As revealed on WWE's official Snapchat account, the two-time World Heavyweight Champion and reigning Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal winner will battle yet again on June 19, marking the third straight confrontation between The Showoff and his rival on a major pay-per-view stage.

A stage, it must be said, that Corbin seems to think is his to command without having to earn the opportunity first. That surprise win in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal served only to place a chip on Corbin’s shoulder, and that entitlement grew by the day when he realized that he was still subject to things like disqualification losses when he broke the rules, and “fluke” defeats against veterans like Ziggler whose accomplishments he has yet to respect.

Ziggler, as one of the standard-bearers of the old guard and whose grueling path to the top was long, winding and well-documented, had no time for upstarts who refused to pay their dues, and decided to beat Corbin into shape. After his attempts to educate his rival the old-fashioned way fell on deaf ears, The Showoff has recently resolved to play the game on The Lone Wolf’s terms, fighting dirty and daring Corbin to do something about it. At Money in the Bank, Corbin will have just such a chance. And should Ziggler show him up again, it will be a hard pill to swallow indeed.

My Take: Another feud that just needs to DIE like fast. This feud is hurting both guys instead of helping them. This better be the last match between the two and we can see something more from the two talented guys. It's going to be a fun match, but it needs to end like at Battleground (last month).

My Prediction: Someone, not sure who, comes out from the back to TRY to distract Corbin from winning, but it only costs Ziggler, thus putting Ziggler in a feud with whoever comes out.

20160613_MITB_Match_CharlotteDanaNattyBe

WWE Women's Champion Charlotte & Dana Brooke vs Natalya & Becky Lynch

WWE Money in the Bank could prove to be the turning point for the Women’s division as Natalya & Becky Lynch look to put an end to Charlotte & Dana Brooke’s unruly power trip in a must-see tag team showdown that was first announced on Facebook Live.

WWE Women’s Champion Charlotte has held her place atop the division since the title’s inception at WrestleMania 32. This is no easy feat, and one that has come with a bit (or a lot) of help. First, the titleholder’s legendary father, Ric Flair, provided his fair share of aid to his daughter by showing over and over again why he is called “The Dirtiest Player in the Game.” Recently, however, the arrogant Charlotte made a rather shocking and bold move, telling her dad to take a hike. Enter Dana Brooke.

The powerful newcomer wasted no time making her mark in the Women’s division, first aligning herself with Emma and most recently taking the two-time WWE Hall of Famer’s place as Charlotte’s partner in crime. Together, Charlotte and Dana have proven to be a force to be reckoned with within the division.

In recent months, Natalya has pushed the champion to the limit on numerous occasions, only to have victory taken from her at the last second. The Queen of Harts has remained determined to prove that Charlotte’s impressive title reign is the result of her underhanded tactics, the most recent of which involved a scheming Dana dressing up as The Nature Boy at Extreme Rules to distract the pink-and-black–clad Superstar and cost her the win.

The odds have since evened, though, as Dana’s heated rivalry with Becky Lynch has made for an opportune alliance between The Irish Lass Kicker and Natalya. Both duos have since taken turns trying to gain the upper hand, resulting in a number of volatile run-ins.

Although Charlotte won’t have to defend the coveted WWE Women’s Championship at WWE Money in the Bank, a loss this Sunday could prove to be a very costly setback. Can Natalya & Becky put a halt to their adversaries’ powerful alliance? Or, will WWE Money in the Bank prove to be the place where Charlotte & Dana’s power trip hits the jackpot?

My Take: Highly disappointed this didn't become a fatal 4 way for the Women's Championship. These women will be lucky to have a 5 minute match.

My Prediction: Brooke will again cost Charlotte the match somehow, leaving us to finally get a fatal 4 way match for the Women's Championship at SummerSlam.

20160606_MITB_Match_RusevTitus_nologo--8

Rusev © vs Titus O'Neil for the United States Championship

If America is the land of opportunity, then Titus O’Neil took that message to heart: After weeks of aggressively pursuing a U.S. Championship Match, The Big Deal will officially challenge Rusev for the prestigious championship at Money in the Bank.

Like all opportunities, however, this one didn’t exactly get handed to O’Neil without a few hurdles. The former WWE Tag Team Champion seemed to appoint himself as The Super Athlete’s challenger almost as soon as Rusev won the U.S. Title from Kalisto, taking particular exception to the Bulgarian’s claim that he is a true “American hero.” The championship, according to Rusev, should go to the Superstar who displays the kind of superiority and resolve that is symbolic of the United States, which makes him, one of the most ferocious competitors in the ring today, the rightful bearer of the title.

Given those boasts, O’Neil, man known for his philanthropic ventures as well as his in-ring prowess, challenged The Bulgarian Brute to put his money where his mouth was after almost each and every one of his matches and put the U.S. Title on the line as any honest American would for a worthy challenger. Each time, Rusev refused to grant Titus the opportunity, even when O’Neil hauled off and slapped The Super Athlete in the mouth.

But where Rusev was stubborn (some would say cowardly), WWE officials apparently recognized the kind of enterprising spirit that comprised the very backbone of the American dream all those years ago, and sanctioned a bout between the two at Money in the Bank. If nothing else, it’s safe to say that Titus O’Neil has made his own opportunity. That’s about as American as it gets. Now it’s on him to follow through.

My Take: So WWE realized they wrongly suspended Titus so they gave him a title match? I'm ok with this because the match will be amazing between these two. This is my pick for the sleeper match that will surprise everyone.

My Prediction: While I do like how much they are pushing Titus getting the title, I don't believe he wins it. Hopefully they hold off on him winning it until SummerSlam and let Titus hold it until the Royal Rumble.

20160606_MITB_Match_TagTeams--22876d7846

The New Day © vs Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs The Vaudevillains (Simon Gotch & Aiden English) vs Enzo Amore & Big Cass for the WWE Tag Team Championships

WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day will face WWE’s New Era head-on when they battle three new teams on the scene — Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson, Enzo Amore & Big Cass, and The Vaudevillains — in a Fatal 4-Way Match at WWE Money in the Bank.

The championship clash was made by WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon, at the unsolicited recommendation of former SmackDown General Manager Teddy Long, on the June 6 edition of Raw.

With three teams to contend with, never mind a stipulation that allows The New Day to lose the titles without being involved in the deciding fall, the Fatal 4-Way Match may be the champions’ greatest challenge to date.

Though Big E & Xavier Woods turned back Aiden English & Simon Gotch at WWE Extreme Rules, the successful defense did not come without the outside assistance of Kofi Kingston. Yet, the gentlemen brawlers are hardly The New Day’s lone concern.

Internationally acclaimed heavy hitters Gallows & Anderson made their objective of winning the WWE Tag Team Championship clear when they ambushed The New Day during the Memorial Day edition of Raw. Now that they have the champions’ attention, will Gallows & Anderson back up their attack and give The Club its first taste of WWE championship gold?

Not to be overlooked in the equation are “The Realest Guys in the Room,” Enzo Amore & Big Cass. Though a concussion suffered by Enzo at WWE Payback temporarily derailed the team’s march into contention, the quick-talking “certified G” bounced back with authority, as he and Cass upended The Dudley Boyz on Raw. Can their momentum continue on June 19?

My Take: Wow! This match will be one of the show stealers, 4 of WWE's best teams, going at it for the Tag Team titles. I'd be watching for a Tower of Doom spot that has one person from each team included.

My Prediction: Enzo & Cass will most likely win, thus putting New Day in chase mode, which should be fun!

20160614_MITB_Match_Qualifying_six--05e3

Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens vs Cesaro vs Chris Jericho vs Dean Ambrose vs Alberto Del Rio in a Money In The Bank Ladder Match

They say that money changes everything. So what does it mean for the six Superstars who will risk life and limb climbing a ladder in pursuit of the coveted Money in the Bank contract, which guarantees a WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match to whomever holds it within the span of a year?

For Kevin Owens, it means vindication. The Prizefighter came into WWE a year ago with a massive chip on his shoulder, beating John Cena and dubbing this place “The Kevin Owens Show” almost as soon as he walked through the door. He has earned two Intercontinental Titles since then, and a Money in the Bank contract would go a long way toward fulfilling KO’s promise to take over and remake WWE in his image.

For Cesaro, it’s a chance to put lingering doubts to rest. It’s his first time in a Money in the Bank Match on his own (his previous two outings at Money in the Bank were under the tutelages of Zeb Colter and Paul Heyman), and not a minute too soon: The King of Swing seems to have finally found his stride, and if not for outrageous circumstances, he’d have won the Intercontinental Title from The Miz twice now. All those questions about whether he’s fit to grab to the brass ring could be answered if he ascends the ladder and seizes the precious briefcase. At the very least it’d go nice with that suit of his.

For Sami Zayn, on the other hand, it’s a matter of destiny. “The Underdog from the Underground” is the New Era’s resident journeyman, having overcome a decade-plus path through the independent scene and a couple of nasty injuries to make it to WWE, where he immediately captured the WWE Universe’s heart. He has been locked in a struggle with longtime rival Owens since the day he got here, but one gets the sense that Zayn has always set his sights on bigger and better things than one man.

For Chris Jericho, there is nothing – and no one – bigger than himself. The Ayatollah of Rock ’n’ Rolla has bestowed the “Gift of Jericho” to the WWE Universe for weeks, insisting his own magnificence is enough to validate the continued existence of WWE programming. He has a point: The six-time World Champion famously invented the Money in the Bank Ladder Match itself, but he’s never actually won it. For a Superstar who considers himself “The Best in the World at What He Does,” nothing less than a championship contract will satisfy him. Drink it in, man.

For Alberto Del Rio, it’s a chance to return to the upper echelon of excellence. The Pride of Mexico is already a Money in the Bank contract-winner, having successfully redeemed his own briefcase for a WWE Title back in 2011. This is one of the few opportunities Del Rio has really had to reclaim the ultimate prize for himself since returning in 2015. He’ll claw at the chance with all the power available to him. But of course, you already know that.

And then there’s Dean Ambrose, who … well, it’s unwise to even fathom what goes on in the mind of The Lunatic Fringe. This is a man, after all, who threw Chris Jericho onto a pile of thumbtacks to avenge a month’s worth of slights. But one thing’s for sure: Ambrose has been the perennial runner-up to the WWE World Heavyweight Title since November, coming in second in a title tournament at Survivor Series, second in the Royal Rumble Match that made Triple H champion and narrowly losing a title match at WWE Roadblock in February. Crazy or not, that has to sting. And smart money says he has had enough.

My Take: We will get a late addition to this match, making it a 7 man match and that man will be.... Bray Wyatt. Even if he doesn't, this match will be absolutely amazing. 6 talented guys competing for possibly the greatest prize in WWE, the Money in the Bank contract, which guarantees the winner a WWE World Heavyweight Championship match at the time and place of their choosing.

My Prediction: It'll come down to Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn and Dean Ambrose. I'm not entirely sure who will win out of those 3, but I predict it's one of those 3 unless Bray Wyatt is in it, then he will be the winner.

20160609_MITB_Match_CenaAJ--0c6d126e6f90

John Cena vs AJ Styles

John Cena’s return to WWE pay-per-view will be nothing short of a blockbuster encounter, as he faces AJ Styles at WWE Money in the Bank in a battle as highly anticipated as any WrestleMania main event to date. The dream match marks not only Cena’s first official match on WWE pay-per-view since last October, but also his first time ever competing against The Phenomenal One, who has taken WWE by storm since debuting in January.

Revealed exclusively by WWE.com, the bout was precipitated by Styles confronting Cena immediately following the Cenation leader’s comeback speech. After alluding to the fact that the future of WWE has to go through Cena, Styles — arguably the most prominent representative of WWE’s New Era — showed his true colors, joining Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows in ambushing Cena. The Club’s 3-on-1 attack occurred just one week after Styles seemingly parted ways with his hard-hitting comrades.

Though the Cenation leader made a headline-grabbing cameo at WrestleMania, his upcoming match against Styles will be the biggest test to date for his surgically repaired right shoulder. Cena underwent surgery in January to repair a torn rotator cuff and remove loose tissue from the shoulder and, thanks to a tireless rehabilitation period, became cleared for action in record time. Despite the heroic recovery, the question remains: Will Cena’s shoulder hold up against Styles’ attack?

My Take: If you would've told me roughly a year ago that we would be getting this match, I wouldn't believe you. John Cena's track record at Money In The Bank is unblemished for the last 2 years (Became WWE World Heavyweight Champion in 2014 and defeated Kevin Owens in 2015) but I believe there will be an asterisk by his name as far as Money In The Bank PPVs go.

My Prediction: AJ Styles wins thanks to The Club's music hitting, distracting Cena. HOWEVER, I believe once Styles gets the 1-2-3, Finn Balor will make his long awaited main roster debut and attack either Cena or Styles, maybe even BOTH and the Gallows & Anderson will join Balor and continue beating both guys down.

20160523_MITB_Match_ReignsRollins--1522d

Roman Reigns © vs Seth Rollins for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

The stakes have never been higher in Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins’ rollercoaster rivalry. as the former friends-turned-bitter enemies will now battle for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WWE Money in the Bank, live on the award-winning WWE Network on Sunday, June 19.

This epic showdown was made less than 24 hours after The Architect shocked the WWE Universe by returning from a serious knee injury — suffered back on November 2015 — to Pedigree The Big Dog at WWE Extreme Rules. Rollins’ statement was even more powerful when you consider that he made it just moments after Reigns had triumphed over AJ Styles in an absolutely brutal Extreme Rules WWE World Heavyweight Title Match. The picture to close out WWE’s most lawless night of the year said it all, as Rollins stood over his one-time Shield “brother” and held WWE’s most prized possession high above his head.

It’s only fitting that the one-time Mr. Money in the Bank — who successfully cashed in his contract by pinning Reigns in the main event of WrestleMania 31 — was granted an opportunity to challenge for WWE’s top prize on the most money night of the year, courtesy of Shane McMahon. The former WWE World Heavyweight Champion, after all, was never actually beaten in the ring for the title. Instead, Rollins was forced to relinquish the championship after tearing his right ACL, MCL and medial meniscus during a WWE Live Event in Europe.

In Rollins’ absence, Reigns has established himself not only as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, but as the overall dominant force in the squared circle. Now, as Rollins and Reigns’ conflict comes full circle, both Superstars will be operating on a whole other level, looking to settle their differences with WWE’s most coveted championship on the line. Will Reigns continue to prove that he truly is “The Guy,” or will Rollins win back what he feels is rightfully his?

My Take: Why is Rollins the heel in this and Reigns the face? Please do a double turn in this match for the sake of the fans! Reigns needs a mouthpiece, he's still really green on the mic and it shows when he's having a promo battle with Seth Rollins and even Dean Ambrose. This match will not disappoint, and with the not knowing about who will win the Money In The Bank, we don't even know if whoever wins this match will leave the T-Mobile Arena with the Championship.

My Prediction: Not taking into account the possible winners of Money In The Bank, I don't think Rollins wins here. Reigns wins.

Archived