[MtG] [EMN] Emrakul, the Promised End

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did it go in Duel Masters out of curiosity? I do think these cards have real issues, but its a really cool idea and something I can see them doing.

They play fine. I don't think they ever had much Constructed impact though, as they were obviously very combo-specific and easy to disrupt.

I think they probably work better in Magic to be honest. Can't think of many major issues with it. Fine in Limited as the front halves are playable. EDH could be tricky, but not every legendary was meant to be a good commander. It's certainly not /impossible/ to meld in Commander.

They play fine. I don't think they ever had much Constructed impact though, as they were obviously very combo-specific and easy to disrupt.

I think they probably work better in Magic to be honest. Can't think of many major issues with it. Fine in Limited as the front halves are playable. EDH could be tricky, but not every legendary was meant to be a good commander. It's certainly not /impossible/ to meld in Commander.

The mechanic seems awesome for limited when the cards are common. At uncommon and higher it becomes a lot sketchier, especially when people can try to hate the other half from you. I also fear for volume since the DFC sheet is always tight on space (I'm expecting about 26) and having to make pairs will eat it up pretty fast.

I'm curious how many will have a way to get back the other half like scavengers do since that would help it a ton in commander. The color issue could end up being a big one though, but they SHOULD design the legendary cards with that in mind.

Regardless, I'm really interested in the mechanic and I'm curious how things shake up if they use it. We'll see in 13 hours I guess.

Archived