Infinity Wars RP [Interest Check]

Dova

LklpVxs.png

Infinity Wars OST

[spoiler=Background:]What is now known was the Old World was originally the only plane of existence in the Infinity Wars Universe, a relatively peaceful and stable world. This, however, was millennia ago, as one person had deigned for something no other being had ever before attempted: Stripping off their mortality. The resulting magical chaos caused a cataclysmic event that would always be known as The Calamity, which split the world into many, potentially infinite realities. These have stayed seperate, with each reality's inhabitants having no memory of the events before the Calamity...

...until now.

With rifts appearing in many of these realities, huge battles have risen up between the occupants. All of them are forced to attack or ally with other groups, fighting against the chaos that threatens to consume all of them. And you are one of them.

[spoiler=Factions:]
[spoiler=Warpath]GpvOqmU.png

Native to the Untamed World, the Warpath are a race of anthropomorphic megafauna descended from a variety of well known animals and even plants. Some resemble foxes, wolves, lions, bears, rhinos, apes, rabbits, deer, tigers, walruses, mammoths, and even trees; though some appear to have their own unique origins. Although animal-like and possessing no technology, the Warpath are highly intelligent. They live in tribal organizations and practice a variety of magic, most notably healing magic. Prior to the opening of the rifts, the only human The Warpath had known was the Old World’s incarnation of Aleta who taught, organized, and cared for them as family.

With the rifts opened to their domain, the Warpath are being attacked on many fronts by almost all of the factions. Temporary alliances have been formed with the more civilized inhabitants of Talich, but they are still shunted about as less than human, with their power being dwindled by the chaos.

CORE-_Pack_Leader.jpg

[spoiler=Flame Dawn]kImAGTz.png

The Flame Dawn is a nation of conquerors on Talich led by Aberion. Prior to the rifts opening through the planes, the nations there went to war over land. The Flame Dawn, armed with weapons bought from the Genesis Industries, systematically conquered everyone else on the plane except for Genesis. Flame Dawn's society was built on war and was unprepared to deal with the ensuing peace, as they had incorporated all whom they conquered into their society, offering fame and status to natives and conquered alike in exchange for military valor. Without war, the society would crumble into internal conflict as the “world war” came to a close, so tensions began to rise with what were their allies.

Seeing the now accessible Old World as a place to conquer, the Flame Dawn redirected their attention to the inhabitants within, but were unprepared for the sheer amount of warriors not only from the new world but others who have found their way into it. They remain allied with the Genesis Industries, determined not to lose their conquest yet.

CORE-_Knight_Of_The_Flame_Dawn.png

[spoiler=Genesis Industries]28BG0OV.png

The Genesis Industries nation-corporation is based in the southern hemisphere of Talich and is led by Orion. Citizens there are referred to as citizen-employees and work for Genesis Industries building a vast array of advanced technology. They produce everything from robotic combat-ready dragons to cybernetic implants. Although they have been unable to create artificial life, they have to some extent explored teleportation (what they call “reality shifting”) and have successfully sent their technology into orbit. They supplied the Flame Dawn with weapons during their long conquest in the understanding that they would be left alone, but with the latter running out of nations to conquer, their relationship became strained.

However, now that the Flame Dawn's attention has been redirected by the recently opened rifts, Genesis Industries is eager to reforge their bond to maintain their strength. While the former may have been interested only in conquests, Genesis Industries is preferring to examine and learn from their new friends and foes.

CORE-_Unending_Drone.png

[spoiler=Cult of Verore]eRJRjci.png

Native to Reish, the Cult of Verore is a matriarchal society of sorceresses based out of Veroria, the Lone Keep. Their leader, Aleta, encouraged ruthless infighting to encourage the most powerful and cutthroat of her followers to rise to the top. In its quest for power the Cult delved into dark secrets of magic and opened up a number of portals to the plane of Torment, essentially a hell fueled by negative human emotions, whose demons they enslaved. Devoted to global domination and the furthering of their own power, the Verorians nevertheless failed to conquer the Descendants of the Dragon, another occupant of Reish. The Cult of Verore's magical experimentation led to the pollution and corruption of much of the countryside, creating the Exiles. These Exiles rallied around Nysrugh, a powerful demon from Torment, and began to harass the Cult of Verore.

A power struggle deep within the Cult, following the appearance of the rifts and who deserves their power, weakened them just enough for the imprisoned Prince of Demons to break through his bonds, destroying any control they had over the Exiles. With few members left, the Cult of Verore is still alive, but barely, with the many new enemies weakening them even further,

CORE-_Verore_Death_Worshipper.png

[spoiler=Exiles]q4pZjno.png

With the already poor land of Reish being poisoned by the Cult of Verore's magic, the common populace found their crops deformed and demons invading their homes. Forced to eat the poisoned crops because of the low food supply, they took in the hellish taint of the magic. The magical taint twisted their bodies into the half-human, half-demon devils and twisted their minds, driving them insane. It was these corrupted people who became the Exiles. Small groups of these devils roamed around the Wastes rampaging without any leadership until the powerful demons from Torment began to loosely organize them.

Following the chaos within Veroria, the until recently chained Demon Prince Vasir assumed leadership of the Exiles, leading them on a charge of destruction through the rifts into the many now open realities. Eager to cause pain and suffering, these madmen and demons now roam free.

RISE-_Demonic_Disciple.png

[spoiler=Descendants of the Dragon]HzdxKHD.png

In the northern mountains of Reish beyond the Demon Wastes live a spiritual people that hold honor and balance above all else. These are the Descendants of the Dragon. Masters of defense, the Descendants build mighty fortresses, monasteries, and walls to keep their enemies at bay and protect their people from corruption. They are lead by an ancient and immortal dragon of great wisdom, who, along with three wise sages, led them through spiritual practices to allow them to communicate with and harness the aid of ancestral spirits. Having also lived in the same honor-valuing society that the Descendants have maintained to the present day, these spirits help to defend their homeland and people from the forces that seek them harm.

The Descendants of the Dragon have always defended themselves from invaders. The Cult of Verore failed to dislodge them from their mountain fastnesses, nor could the roving Exiles break through. Even though the Sleepers were a grave threat, the Descendants managed to hold them off. Wary of outsiders, the Descendants remain ever vigilant, ever ready to repel whosoever should be foolish enough to attack them next.

anrYP0Q.png

[spoiler=Sleepers of Avarrach]svf6N2B.png

Avarrach was once home to a bustling technologically advanced civilization. Without magic, the people of Avarrach turned to technology, making leaps and bounds in their advancement and the ways of magic fell by the wayside. Some of the greatest developments of their society included advanced cybernetic implants, nanotechnology, and a worldwide network that could connect anyone/anything from anywhere on the planet. But these things became their downfall when they sought the one thing they did not have: immortality.

Seeking extending their own lifespan, they developed a nanotechnology to grant people immortality. However, this technology quickly took a horrible turn: the nanobots decided that flesh degraded too quickly, and that the best way to preserve a human body forever was to turn it into a machine. All across the world these nanobots began converting the flesh and organs of their hosts into metal machines, effectively killing every host from the inside out, turning them into "Zomborgs." Once dead, the host no longer provided life energy with which to power the nanobots, causing them seek new sources of energy. The nanobots connect over the network that once connected the humans, and sought out every last form of life on Avarrach until nothing remained. Unable to continue to power themselves, the nanobots went into a low power sleep mode. That was, until the rifts began to open.

Now with the opportunity to refuel themselves, the Sleepers lumber slowly through the newly formed rifts into unprepared realities. With the dead rising again to fight themselves, few of the factions can combat this undying force.

uEG1ugB.png

[spoiler=Overseers of Solace]CthQEIb.png

Based out of the overplane of Solace, the Overseers are an army of angels locked in eternal conflict with the demons of Torment. They draw their power from positive human emotions. Many of the Overseers possess wings, either natural ones made of feathers or mechanical ones awarded to an Overseer upon performance of a great deed. The Overseers' main weapon is the Lightcaster, a gun that usually takes on the form of a pistol. Clad in aerodynamic suits and often bearing floating halos, the Overseers are a powerful presence on the battlefield. They can also use vast amounts of energy to purge large areas of life, as they value order and obedience above all else.

When all hope seemed lost for those combating the Exiles and the Sleepers, a sacrifice called the Overseers into this plane like never before. While it seemed like the wars would all end, the Overseers decide to impose their power onto all of the factions, causing a revolution like never before seen, causing the chaos to increase tenfold.

Rz3E2D6.png

[spoiler=Info:]Been working on this for ages. Ever since I started to RP, actually. Glad to get this down, as I really enjoyed the Lore behind Infinity Wars, and building on it myself. (Yes, I may have changed one or two minor details, but hey, I'm mentioning it, and it's not like too many people have played it. #edge) Just wanted to see who would like the concept, as it is my first hosted RP, and I do have the main plot in my head, but just wanted to see if people would be interested in the concept.

So this will take place during a war between many different realities, as you've probably guessed. Standard RP rules would apply, you can find them at the top of this section of the forum. 100 words, no script, don't expy etc. The idea isn't that you're a special super-being (at least, not yet) and you just take part in the war in its current form. A soldier, or at least, someone who needs to go out in the field. You will start within your own land, your own faction, and chosen to go out to join the Infinity Wars. What happens next? Well, that is for us to decide together, should you be interested.

If you wanna learn some more stuff on this Universe, go here. For those of you who know, or just learned about, the timeline, this takes place just after the arrival of the Overseers.

Your factions hider appears to be missing the Descendants of the Dragon. Gimme my morale monks.

That said, noting my pending interest. I'll keep an eye on how things develop from here, but a problem I tend to see with RPs with this many faction options is that a lot of people choose different factions, and end up not being able to interact with anybody else. You should look into a method of solving this problem; I can make some suggestions if needed, but that'll have to wait until I'm not sleeping.

Your factions hider appears to be missing the Descendants of the Dragon. Gimme my morale monks.

That said, noting my pending interest. I'll keep an eye on how things develop from here, but a problem I tend to see with RPs with this many faction options is that a lot of people choose different factions, and end up not being able to interact with anybody else. You should look into a method of solving this problem; I can make some suggestions if needed, but that'll have to wait until I'm not sleeping.

Thought I was missing something, so I'll add it. Also, glad to see another player! maybe we could play sometime

My plot idea involves everyone having to work together; you would just have to end up being sent to the Old World. But yeah, suggestions are definitely welcome.

As for you, Cherz, I'd be happy to work with you, but can't make too many decisions now as I too have to sleep soon. Thanks for noting interest people!

I'm utterly baffled this even exists, considering what I've been doing the past week or so.

Consider myself interested. Also, how exactly would this work? Would it be more of an abstract eyes-on-the-ground perspective, or could it be handled in a way more akin to the game itself? The latter would be particularly interesting. Also, would the concept of purity exist in some fashion? I.E. 2p wp 1p fd and whatnot. The answer is probably obvious, but it's worth asking regardless.

fd masterrace

I'm utterly baffled this even exists, considering what I've been doing the past week or so.

Consider myself interested. Also, how exactly would this work? Would it be more of an abstract eyes-on-the-ground perspective, or could it be handled in a way more akin to the game itself? The latter would be particularly interesting. Also, would the concept of purity exist in some fashion? I.E. 2p wp 1p fd and whatnot. The answer is probably obvious, but it's worth asking regardless.

fd masterrace

Abstract eyes on the ground. My original planning had each RPer as a Commander, planning the fights and the decisions, and, although their wouldn't be numbers openly discussed, things like morale and fortress health would still be active and relevant, with hints being given rather than something like a UI (e.g. your men are barely standing their ground) . Purity would have the various commanders working together to form larger armies, with each commander controlling a third of an army which they bring together.

Wow, I went on and on about that. In the end, I decided to go with just a character in the universe, but if people like the second idea better, I'd be happy to bring that back.

soa masterrace

Honestly, it'd be REALLY interesting, for me at least, to go back to how the game works. It'd be refreshing to see a card game in RPs that's not Yu-Gi-Oh. We could discuss how it would work in a PM/Skype PM or something.

The biggest issue would be, well, having people figure out how the game works, which is a struggle in and of itself. Know the cards, know the strategies, know the meta, etc. Although, with it being free, and with a campaign that gives plenty of free cards/tutorials, it's probably not unreasonable? Hm.

still awaiting that 3p soa draft nerf

Honestly, it'd be REALLY interesting, for me at least, to go back to how the game works. It'd be refreshing to see a card game in RPs that's not Yu-Gi-Oh. We could discuss how it would work in a PM/Skype PM or something.

The biggest issue would be, well, having people figure out how the game works, which is a struggle in and of itself. Know the cards, know the strategies, know the meta, etc. Although, with it being free, and with a campaign that gives plenty of free cards/tutorials, it's probably not unreasonable? Hm.

still awaiting that 3p soa draft nerf

Well, the meta isn't really an issue. Cards could be chosen by the host(s) for the people depending on their various applications/purity choices. As for strategies and playing styles, I could make an opening post/something in the OOC OP like a scripted campaign match. But yeah, shouldn't be hard to get the game as a whole.

I am now leaning back towards that original idea.

I mostly brought it up because, while it's certainly possible to have to good RP with just the lore, I feel like there isn't much going for it that way. Not much draw, I mean. With this, we could have an interesting draw; like, what if we did something like a trans-dimensional story, where players playing IW the card game influence events IN the IW universe, or something like that. They sort of parallel, and fit the IW multiverse theme.

Also, this could introduce people to the game at large. 'tis a good game.

I mostly brought it up because, while it's certainly possible to have to good RP with just the lore, I feel like there isn't much going for it that way. Not much draw, I mean. With this, we could have an interesting draw; like, what if we did something like a trans-dimensional story, where players playing IW the card game influence events IN the IW universe, or something like that. They sort of parallel, and fit the IW multiverse theme.

Also, this could introduce people to the game at large. 'tis a good game.

Wow, that was interesting. Certainly sounds like it would draw people in, and it would be great to spread the world about it!

so that i dont have to wait 20 minutes for a match

I REMEMBER THIS GAME.

Sure, am interested. If I'm recalling correctly, Solace and Descendents are my favorites. So, will make an app for one of those. 

Which style are we going with, anyway? Trans-dimensional supergamers, abstract eyes on the ground or just RP as a commander?

• 2 weeks later...

So glad so many people are interested! As for which route to take, my original idea was excessively complicated, and discussing it with someone else, I'm regoing into the planning stage. This will come about, but I haven't been able to work on it as I have been away for about a week. Holidays are up now, so expect some news in the future.

Archived