Love Live! Sunshine!

79870l.jpg

The girls of Uranohoshi Girls' High School are swept into idol fever, wanting nothing more than to become the next-best School Idol group. And they plan to do just that. Chika Takami brings together eight of her classmates to form Aqours, their own idol group.

[spoiler=Gals]

aRuh3jN.jpg5iD8DQj.jpgV3tXVJH.jpggqKxgnc.jpgB74svRC.jpgtyz7WLy.jpgUGG1zKX.jpgOf9pwtH.jpg39YdVbi.jpg

Now I'm sure this will be talked about, so getting it out early. It is Canada Day and all I can think is "Tomorrow". Now whether it will actually be a proper thread this will be talked about in, I don't really know. 

Personally, I've got my eyes on Yohane. And Ruby. And You. And Riko. A-

Damn you, whoever made this,

Why was I expecting to see Takehito Koyasu as one of the voice actors?

There are several reasons I think... like just the general layout might have had something to do with it, I don't really know why, but it just seems like it. Part of one of the names does seem kind of similar to part of his as well, but this is a female character centered show... hell, in the original, I only remember Nico's younger brother.

I am still laughing at how Mari sounds in the preview. Anyway I'm just hoping for some RikoxYou moments.

Strawberry Trapper is also my favourite non-solo Love Live song now, though most of the Sunshines songs released now I enjoy a lot.

I relate to Riko (How come it's always the artists?) Though, I like Yoshiko's appearance the most. Dia also looks pretty cute, she has the face of a mom. Funny how I don't particularly care for Ruby, since she seems to be the maki "replacement" (I don't like using that word here but idk what else to use), and Maki is by far my favorite in the original.

Hope this is as good as the first series and they don't funk it up. The first season really encapsulated me, and the 2nd season of the series has been good so far. I should finish it...

I don't see Ruby as really being anything like Maki. I can kind of see why people would compare, but I thought of Riko as Umi+Maki, I think, and Ruby is like a completely different secluded sort of scared rich girl. I mean, I only read all their character profiles and stuff, so idk if there was anythig else besides what is currently on their wiki pages, but that's how I see it.  As much as Maki is my second fav of the original, it's the difference that I personally see that is capturing my attention the most right now, besides Yohane probably ending up as my favorite.

Yeah, Ruby (And, admittedly, a fair amount of the characters) doesn't look a ton like her counterpart, looking more like a red haired nico (All of them, from what I see, are fairly different in personality except maybe Chika and Honoka, but that's just protagonists being protagonists, and Kanan and Nozomi), so my comparison is pretty flat all things considered.

[spoiler=Episode 1]I really enjoyed this. Prefer the opening to the previous seasons openings, the ending is nice.

You is becoming a favourite, if only for the photo bomb in the opening as it reminds me of Kotori.

A bit strange that Riko didn't really recognize any of the members of μ's at all, but then again I probably would be the same.

Also wondering how long it will be until someone does fanart of Dia in a Go-busters suit.

[spoiler=After a re-watch]I'm now thinking that Riko might of recognized them, still a bit iffy though as Chika might have just cut her off here

GnY9F95.png

I'm taking it as she would know μ's to some extent as she would have been a first year during the events of the original series, due to Chika and You wearing the orange first year ties while they were in Akihabara.

[spoiler=Just watched first episode]Okay, so.

Even though the formula is pretty much exactly like S1 of the original I still like what they're doing with it. The change of setting really helps for me - I like the rural aesthetic, it just gives it a different feel, and this is probably just me, but the emphasis on the water that's been put forth so far really appeals to me. Plus, moreso having 2 "main" characters kind of helps keep it focused over the group of 3, even if Chika is still the most prominent.

Dia being absolutely brutal and almost sadistic with her rebuttal against the club is also more fun that Eli just being like "No."

Yoshiko is so far my favorite. It seems I have a thing for chuunibyous...

Riko is also pretty good. She's really pretty and per personality is just..sweet.

I'm really looking forward to more~

[spoiler=Episode 2]yeah You is Kotori, the photobomb in the opening and being the costume designer, which makes Riko Sunshine's Umi, Chika Honoka. Dia now strikes me as a Nico equivalent being a closest μ's fan, Mari would then be Eli, leaving Kanan as Nozomi. Ruby I would then say would be Hanayo, and want to say Yoshiko as Rin, due to her hyperactive nature, though can't say much as she hasn't actual appeared much.

I do like the way it is going so far, and from what it seems like Dia should be joining soon enough, either next week or the week after. Possibly leaving Kanan, Mari and Yoshiko as the last 3 to join, as Ruby and Hanamaru will probably be joining in the next couple of weeks.

Also a nice callback to the original with the Yume no Tobira cover, which was nice. Also expecting a song or see lyrics to the first song next week.

Double post but thoughts for episode 3

[spoiler=Episode 3]Mari is giving me Karen and Kongou vibes with the way she acts, which when combined with the voices now makes her my third favourite, behind Riko and You. Also more evidence that You is Kotori with her charisma in handing out flyers.

Didn't expect Mari to be the Chairperson, which does mean that Aqours sort of ends up with both the head of school as well as the head of the student body.

Did like the way that they actually filled the auditorium compared to μ's only getting future members showing up. Dia did say it was the work of μ's that allowed them to perform, which is true in some sense as they were who inspired Chika, though Chika has a point in that they were the ones who made it happen.

Don't have many thoughts on the new song as there was the break in it when the power had went off, but it sounds nice enough.

So next week s Hanamaru and Ruby joinng most likely, though whether or not anyone else will remains to be seen.

So far the series has surprised me as Chika has sort of went against my expectations of being a Honaka clone. Chika does seem more grounded in what they can achieve and how they go about the work, whereas Honaka was more of a dreamer with Umi and Kotori helping her out more.

Archived