[Leaderboard] Abdelrahman vs Yuuko ( Closed )

Abdelrahman

Rules:

-All Leaderboard rules apply

-Best of 3 votes wins

-All voters must elaborate on their votes.

-Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

-Cards must be PM'd to me, preferably written.

-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity

-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:

-Contestants have 48 hours ( 72 if needed ) to submit their entries.

-The contest ends after cards are uploaded in 3 days, after that, if no one voted, next vote wins.

Rewards:

-The winner gets a rep from the loser.

-All voters get a rep for voting.

Requirements:

Design a generic Pendulum monster.

Entries:

[spoiler=Card A]Archfiend Destroyer

Fiend/Pendulum

DARK/Level 3

Pendulum Scale = 2

During the End Phase, if this card was activated this turn: You can destroy this card and another Pendulum card in your other Pendulum Zone, and if you do, target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; destroy that target, then inflict damage to your opponent equal to its original ATK. You can only activate the effect of "Archfiend Destroyer" once per turn.

1600/500

[spoiler=Card B ( 1 Vote )]Tatsuya, the Matter Magician

Spellcaster/Pendulum/Effect

DARK/Level 4

Pendulum Scale = 2

Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 Level/Rank 4 or lower monster you control; it cannot be targeted by other card effects until the end of this turn.

Monster Effect: During either player's turn: You can target 1 monster on the field; increase or reduce that target's Level by 1. If another monster you control would be destroyed by battle or a card effect: You can destroy this card instead. You can only use each effect of "Tatsuya, the Matter Magician" once per turn.

1800/1000

Card A:

... makes me sad as it has no flavour. Confirmed that this is the Pendulum Effect, not a Monster Effect. Have to say, it's short and sweet and gets the job done. Timing it in the End Phase (not even "Your End Phase") is strange, as it has to survive that long, but it does mean you can get it out MP2, and then drop it and the other pendulum in the EP, so there is a small protection there. Have to say, though, this does depend on your Opponent's board state. If they just have a couple mini monsters, then this guy's useless. Also not that much of a fan of 2-4-1 trades, but that's just my MTG talking here. Hit this against Cyber End, you cause a decent amount. Hit this against Dark Magician, not so much. Might be a bit situational. Also unsure of how this fits with the Archfiend Archetype, but that thing is so expansive at this point I don't think anyone knows.

Card B:

Quite a nice little support card for XYZ and Syncro decks really. Whilst on the field, you can +/- 1 LV of a monster, and this can be literally whenever you want. You can sacrifice this card for the greater good to protect one of your cards, and you can make 1 Rank/LV 4 monster un-target-able for a turn. However, there is always a positive and a negative; I don't really see this card ever being used as a monster. Ignoring the fact that it's Scale 2, which is good, the protection effect seems more useful than the others. Unless you are going for a Syncro Deck, or some XYZ's (Hillarity ensues w/ Mecha Phantom Beasts), this guy would be most effective as a Pendulum Spell. And since it's geared towards being summoned, with more effects and 1800 ATK (not to be sniffed at), it's a bit strange. However, this is still a good card.

Vote:

I cast my vote in favor of Card B, as it seems the more usable of the two cards. Whilst A is useful in it's own right, it is far more situational in the grand scheme of things, whereas B supports XYZs directly and Syncros vicariously.

Archived