Monster Hunter Generations

Progenitor

The demo is out on the 3DS shop if you haven't checked it out already.

Holy balls is this fun.

Like 4U was a fantastic new direction for the combat, but the styles and hunter arts introduced in Generations are FREAKING PHENOMENAL.

Adept Style Hammer might be my main weapon in this installment.  It's so freakin good.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently purists prefer the slower options because of atmosphere and aesthetic and whatever. I have to agree. 

But I did buy this yesterday and I can say I enjoy the combat as it is. Little wonky though because no circle pad pro.

I haven't had time to bust in a ton of hours since purchasing it, what with the gears of guilt and overwatch and such, but so far I've had a ton of fun.  Hunter Arts, imo, are probably one of the most brilliant ideas to install into this franchise.  I feel like I'm actually playing a fighting game sometimes when I use something like SnS and combo into Shoryugeki.  And it feels wonderful.

Adept has made my Heavy Bowgunning even more fun than 4U. I don't feel like I even need evade extender anymore, although I'll likely spec for it regardless.

Saw someone on twitch do some insane stuff with a skill that presumably does this and adept. So yes, go for it.

Archived