[MtG] Sacred Vows

Lunar Origins

Sacred Vows

2W

[ Enchantment ]

When Sacred Vows is activated, choose 2 target creatures you control.  As long as you control both of those creatures and Sacred Vows, they get +1/+1 and vigilance.

3B, Sacrifice Sacred Vows and a creature you control: Return target creature that has been targeted by Sacred Vows this game from the graveyard to the battlefield tapped.  It gains Zombie in addition to its other creature types and is black.

"As in life, as in death."

While I like what you are trying to do with the design, I'm a little afraid of the memory issues it could hold. Keeping track of traits without a marker, and especially after a card leaves play, isn't the easiest thing. What makes this even more complex is when you have multiple in play at once and multiple creatures paired up. That at least has an easier fix of making this legendary, this way you will only ever need to keep track of one pair at a time. As for the graveyard memory issues, the only fix I can think of is to exile it since having it off to the side makes distinguishing it out of play easier. The problem is that it hurts the flavor a bit.

I think the concept is workable under current wording standards. See Cavern of Souls as a reference.

Sacred Vows {2}{W}

Enchantment

As Sacred Vows enters the battlefield, chosen two creatures you control with different names.

As long as you control each of the chosen creatures, those creatures get +1/+1 and have vigilance.

{3}{B}, Sacrifice a chosen creature and Sacred Vows: Return target creature card that shares its name with the other creature chosen with Sacred Vows from your graveyard to the battlefield. That creature is a black Zombie in addition to its other colors and types.

"As in life, as in death."

Archived