{MtG} Brilliant Squire

Lunar Origins

Brilliant Squire {1}{W}

[ Creature - Human Squire ]

Vigilance

{1}{W}, {T}: Prevent all damage done to target creature this turn.  If you prevented 3 or more damage this way, transform Brilliant Squire.

[ 1 / 3 ]

Vengeant Paladin {-}

Color: White

[ Creature - Human Knight ]

First Strike, Vigilance

If Vengeant Paladin would die, you may sacrifice a white creature with converted mana cost {2} or less.  If you do, transform Vengeant Paladin instead.

"The action of being taught is a sacred one.  So, too, is becoming the teacher."

[ 3 / 3 ]

This makes me never want to play limited again. Thank you. It is actually brilliant design, I am impressed! Sorry I suck at talking about how to improve this card, I like how it is so far. It would be an autobomb in limited, that would funk up combat math and make things incredibly tough otherwise. It is nice and clean, too.

Right?  I didn't really design it for limited play, seeing as how sticky it is when it hits the field.  I never really design cards around a specific purpose - usually only on an idea.  The idea of this card is to continue the lineage of Vengeant Paladin by 'sacrificing' him and making your other cards into squires that take after him, which then repeat the cycle.  Telling stories through card design is my favorite thing to do!

Thank you for the CnC.

Archived