[Vess Daily MtG] Living Tonic

Lunar Origins

Living Tonic {1B}

[ Enchantment ]

As an additional cost to cast Living Tonic, sacrifice a creature.  Living Tonic comes into play with 1 charge counter on it.

Sacrifice a creature: Place 1 charge counter on Living Tonic.

If your life would be reduced to zero, sacrifice Living Tonic instead and prevent the damage that reduced your life to zero.

When Living Tonic leaves the battlefield, gain life equal to the number of Charge Counters on it when it left times 4.

I feel like there is something off with the wording here. It seems too complicated. I would add "Sacrfice X creatures. Living Tonic comes into play with X charge counters".

The cost is a little too easy to cast, and plays its hand better than Tribute to Hunger, etc. I would at least make it cost BB or additional because of the decks that this would see play in are Zombie strategies, so it slots in perfectly with a curve. I like the idea, it just could be expanded upon to make the card more useful in the long term as well, since cards like these try to help give leverage in tight games. It is a not a dead draw after that the one instance.

Archived